Ktmguy2018

Duke Mauls The Tigers

THIS RIGHT HERE is why I love college football!!  

Duke.  Duke football beat Clemson!  The program that many put at #3 behind Alabama and Georgia as a dynasty type program was lethargic, mistake prone in critical areas (like the red zone multiple times) and didn't seem to have the speed of Duke.

It was really crazy watching it.  You kept thinking that Clemson was gonna wake up...and they didn't...or maybe they just aren't that good.  They looked thoroughly outmatched on the field tonight.

Maybe...just maybe they are missing that QB who is up at OSU

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/4/2023 at 11:17 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Maybe...just maybe they are missing that QB who is up at OSU

Ya think?

WWW.MSN.COM

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw the interview with Duke's QB. Great guy.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:57 AM, Mic said:

Saw the interview with Duke's QB. Great guy.

Duke QB Riley is a guy who many draft gurus have going ahead of Bo.

2nd year Duke HC Mike Elko who was the DC at A+M before taking the Duke job has to be on the radar of big-time schools considering a new HC. (Clemson? Kidding.)

Interesting that both Elko and DL came from the D side of the ball.

The hire of Lincoln Riley's younger brother from TCU to revitalize the Clemson O does not appear to be working all that well. As noted in other comments above, it does not appear to be just DJU's fault that Clemson is no longer the ACC power it once was. Dabo best move into the modern era of CFB and start taping the portal.

With UNC beating up So Car on the LOS, FSU playing with LSU in the 2nd half and with the Duke win, the ACC is deeper than it has been in many years. Now, let's see how Mari(o) holds up against A+M on Saturday.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 8:13 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Duke QB Riley is a guy who many draft gurus have going ahead of Bo.

Both would be good choices for any team

Clemson just seems to have lost its it factor. 

They had so many good quarterbacks and then all of the sudden it feels like the QB coaching disappeared. DJU seems to have found a solid fit at Oregon State and is getting the coaching and system he needs. 

Not unlike what happened with Nix coming to Oregon. 

And... Oregon hiring two OCs that seem to actually coach QBs up. 

Clemson has the talent but it really feels like it is being under coached. I wouldn't be surprised if Dabo guts his staff for next season if this season doesn't turn around in a hurry. 

• Applause 1

Prior to 2020, Clemson always seemed to have dynamic WRs and QBs (e.g. Watson and Lawrence) who made the best use of them. The pass game is a major reason why Clemson's run game worked. During DJU's tenure at Clemson, those dynamic WRs were not in evidence and the run game was not great either. So I thinks Clemson's offensive shortcomings  in recent years were hardly all DJU's doings,

I'll let you guys tell me how good the Beaves receivers are (they looked more than adequate to me on Saturday) and I am told that running the rock is an offensive specialty in Corvallis. I may be totally wrong in my assessment, but should DJU continue to develop and to show the poise he displayed in week 1, OSU may well give anyone in the conference a run for their money on any given Saturday.

I'm just glad that the Ducks have them at home this year. 

Once again, I'll apologize for going a little off-topic for the thread.