FishDuck Article

Does Oregon Have Two Players Running for Heisman?

By now we have all seen pictures of the Bo-Dacious billboards in New York and Dallas in what is an official but unofficial Bo Nix for Heisman campaign. It’s only unofficial in that the Heisman is not printed on any of the material, but we all know better. But there is another player who is just as worthy of a ...

FISHDUCK.COM

By now we have all seen pictures of the Bo-Dacious billboards in New York and Dallas in what is an official but unofficial Bo Nix for Heisman...
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great breakdown David. I agree that Irving can be as valuable as a piece to this year‘s team as Bo Nix. If there is no more billboard space left around the country perhaps we can get a Bucky banner up in the USC cafeteria.

😁

• Haha 2

Excellent article David!  The talent possessed by Irving makes him a great back.  Vision, speed, balance, using his blockers, and toughness - he has the total package.

I do trust the management of the running back position to Coach Locklyn.  We know what a great back Verdell was during the Mari years.  But he did encounter a lot of injuries.  In my opinion sharing the load may have let him finish the season more often.

The 66 yard run you described came in the 13th game of the season.  I posit that was possible because he also had fresh legs at the end of the season to utilize all his talents. 

The Ducks are blessed to have a deep and talented running back room.  I trust in Coach Locklyn!

Thank you David for highlighting my favorite position!

How about changing the second Dallas billboard so instead of his arm, Bo is handing off to Bucky?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/5/2023 at 6:42 AM, Smith72 said:

Excellent article David!  The talent possessed by Irving makes him a great back.  Vision, speed, balance, using his blockers, and toughness - he has the total package.

I do trust the management of the running back position to Coach Locklyn.  We know what a great back Verdell was during the Mari years.  But he did encounter a lot of injuries.  In my opinion sharing the load may have let him finish the season more often.

The 66 yard run you described came in the 13th game of the season.  I posit that was possible because he also had fresh legs at the end of the season to utilize all his talents. 

The Ducks are blessed to have a deep and talented running back room.  I trust in Coach Locklyn!

Thank you David for highlighting my favorite position!

Keeping Irving fresh and injury free is always a must and a bonus. But sometimes it really feels like last year the coaching staff pulled him far too early when he was still running with success. 

When he's the hot hand they really need to let him continue to roll out there. 

Now against PSU I think he did plenty of work and keeping him healthy is far more important. The game wasn't on the line and he already had over a hundred yards rushing. 

But later in the year he'll be needed more so best to keep him healthy right now but when he needs him, he needs to be out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Should have 3, Franklin included

• Thumbs Up 1

What I love about your explanation of Bucky's long run against North Carolina is--how hard it is to see the cut-back lanes before they materialize...and how he is doing that in milliseconds.  Hard to teach!

His jump-cut (Saturday) away from hole after he sucked in the PSU linebacker and then exploded outside was epic stuff.  So fast!  Thanks David!

Bucky Irving_Nancy Paiva.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I can get behind Irving for Heisman. Dude is an absolute beast. To his advantage, he has a whole herd in the stable to keep him fresh all season.

What a nightmare for opposing DCs to defend the RPO. Ducks have 3-5 backs that can turn any play into points. Throw in Bo as a runner and forget about it

We are lucky to have Bucky!

I can't wait to see what kind of a season he has, when called upon to make a real difference. I have a feeling we haven't seen the best of Bucky yet.

Also as good as Bucky is, Locklyn seems to be the real deal as far as coaches go. He can pick the talent, inspire, coach up, and manage talent better than any other coach, and we have extremely good coaches!

If any position coach can achieve what Locklyn has done at RB, that position will be in good hands.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/5/2023 at 5:39 PM, Charles Fischer said:

His jump-cut (Saturday) away from hole after he sucked in the PSU linebacker and then exploded outside was epic stuff.  So fast! 

Did you notice this post from today?

• Thumbs Up 1