Log Haulin

Game Day Games of Interest

On 9/9/2023 at 4:44 PM, Mic said:

Looks pretty full to me.  And A&M is having trouble with the noise.  They had to call two timeouts in the 1st QTR.

It’s probably holding 40-45K right now. Good by last year’s standards, but that’s how much Oregon had for PSU. Aggie fans travel pretty well, so I would say they’re making up a decent amount of the attendance. Mario has his defense playing pretty good and his offense looks a lot more creative. His team just needs to clean up the untimely penalties.

Don't like it but Cains are playing well. O line is solid. One thing Mariø can coach is a great O line

Miami has definitely improved. Darn it.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:36 PM, Log Haulin said:

Don't like it but Cains are playing well. O line is solid. One thing Mariø can coach is a great O line

Yep. And they have a stud at QB.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:10 PM, Log Haulin said:

I disagree. I don't think colorado took control of this game. 4 turnovers handed this victory to the Buffs.

Nebraska D kinda gave up, which is unfortunate. Huskers were dominating Buffs first half. But with the O giving the ball up so much, just kinda looked like the D said "Whats the point?"

Hope the team doesn't quit on Rhule. I don't think they are as bad s they looked. QB play is horrendous, gotta fix that.

Take away the turnover points.  What do you see?  A 13-7 game.  At least before the garbage TD to end the game. So you're right.

Ironically, Nebraska's first TD was the kind of play calling I expected to see in the first half.  Including the type of formations I expected to see from.

That tells me not only does Sanders have a better set of coaches, they also showed adjustments before Nebraska ( 235 yards of offense and those 13 points).

Yeah, I definitely see Colorado forcing teams to beat them physically, because they aren't going to out coach them.  I didn't see an ounce of doubt from Colorado's players.  

Phil Steele ( the stat geek and great evaluator of talent) projects Colorado will average 25 on offense, 35 on defense in conference play.  I agree with that assessment.  And they can steal a couple of wins if coaches mistake their lack of talent as a gimme win. 

I'd be all over that film room if I were Arizona and ASU.  They better have damn good analysts that include backup plans for their coordinators, because Colorado adjusts before halftime.  

On 9/9/2023 at 2:43 PM, Mike West said:

Yeah, I definitely see Colorado forcing teams to beat them physically, because they aren't going to out coach them.  I didn't see an ounce of doubt from Colorado's players.  

Deion's pretty smart at motivating his team.  And you know he's gonna take advantage of that single, unfortunate comment from Dan Lanning.  In fact. the news media will make sure he doesn't forget about it - it will bring in a larger audience TV wise.  Maybe even College Gameday? No, probably not.  But we're going to hear all about it after next weekend.  

Husky getting a little pressure from Tulsa.

Uh-oh

On 9/9/2023 at 3:04 PM, Log Haulin said:

Husky getting a little pressure from Tulsa.

Tulsa's defense is doing a decent job considering the circumstances. 

On 9/9/2023 at 3:12 PM, kirklandduck said:

Tulsa's defense is doing a decent job considering the circumstances. 

Should Michael Penix be worried about his Heisman hopes?  

Here comes Shedeur Sanders.  The newscasters are starting to mention him in the Heisman picture and with a father like his, the rest may as well start planning for the NFL draft and hope for the best.  The media would LUV nothing better than to crown Shedeur and may very well try to in a couple more weeks if Colorado keeps winning.

Uh oh... Mario has almost scored his quota of points. 

So things will get more interesting soon. 

• Haha 1

Miami is forcing those mistakes by A&M. Their defense is darn good. Two of the Aggie TD’s are off of TO’s on special teams.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

I never thought I'd say this, but it actually looks like Mario may have learned from his mistakes and ceded control of the offense to his offensive coordinator. This is not looking like Mario football.

On 9/9/2023 at 3:19 PM, Mic said:

Should Michael Penix be worried about his Heisman hopes?  

Here comes Shedeur Sanders.  The newscasters are starting to mention him in the Heisman picture and with a father like his, the rest may as well start planning for the NFL draft and hope for the best.  The media would LUV nothing better than to crown Shedeur and may very well try to in a couple more weeks if Colorado keeps winning.

Sanders has been sacked 12 times these first 2 games. If Colorado doesn't fix that OL soon he won't last the season.

Wait... Mario is allowing his team to score points when up in the 4th quarter? What kind of sorcery is this?

• Applause 1

Also, how is Tennessee barely ahead of Austin Peay going into half? What on earth?

Edited by WaterPoloDuck
My computer hadn't refreshed to give me an accurate score

On 9/9/2023 at 4:04 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

Wait... Mario is allowing his team to score points when up in the 4th quarter? What kind of sorcery is this?

Caribbean voodoo?

• Haha 1

The bricks are starting to crumble in Tuscaloosa for the Tide.  But it's still the 1st Half 13-3 Texas

Edited by Mic

13-9 Texas in the 3rd.  Alabama can't quite find the end zone.

Wow Texas beat Alabama. That should be an interesting conversation on the Tide boards.

Dilly has his Sun devils up at half. 

As a consolation of not being able to watch the O-TT game last night, I did get to watch the entire Texas-Ala game instead.  It was a very entertaining game and the Longhorns certainly were the best team on the field.  Nick Saban had never lost a home game by double-digits - until last night.  And although the game see-sawed back and forth, in the late stages of the game Texas had finally begun to beat the Tide down.

It's not often one gets to see a Saban team suffer such a decisive loss at home.  In fact, never, until Sark's unit did it.  Boy, I wish Oregon had a defensive unit like Texas.  I believe we have an Offense to match with anyone's in the country.  If we only had a defense like theirs!

Edited by Mic