Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread versus Texas Tech: Join Us!

Here we are my Duck-Buddies, the thread for pondering the actual game as it happens.  Let's discuss before, and during the game!

The vast majority of you are GREAT in this thread, but you must remember that this forum is different, as we require civilized discourse. Discussion of negative is fine, but don't vent on us!

Rule No. 31d covers GameDay Thread Conduct, and it is not hard for the vast majority of us--just a tiny few who need to reign it in when things don't go well for Our Beloved Ducks.

Let's Have Fun Posting During the Game!

HC2- getting the signals.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

I will officially start the thread with....today we will find out just how good the defensive secondary really is.  I believe the Red Raiders will throw the ball quickly, thus few opportunities for sacks.  So if Our Beloved Ducks cover well for three seconds, then we should win more of those plays.

IMHO...the longer the plays go to three seconds and beyond when Texas Tech is passing, the better things that can happen for Oregon.  A game like this is an indicator for how well the Ducks can deal with all the tough passing offenses of the conference. Games like this are what all these portal transfers were brought in for...

Byran Addison Interception_Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I believe the Red Raiders lack the balance on offense (i.e a running game) to truly challenge the Ducks straight up. However, if the Ducks cough up the ball, it could be interesting.

Any report on the nature of J. Jacobs injury? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2023 at 2:24 PM, Legion said:

Any report on the nature of J. Jacobs injury? 

We know only what Lanning has told us....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

For what it's worth, Utah seemed to hold up ok in the heat at Waco earlier.  Of course, they're a desert team but the temps of the turf were >137F!  I'm delighted kickoff for this game in Lubbock is as late as it is.  GO OREGON!  

• Thumbs Up 1

Texas Tech might be playing angry after last week's loss. But I'm expecting DL to be ready for that.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:47 PM, kirklandduck said:

Texas Tech might be playing angry after last week's loss. But I'm expecting DL to be ready for that.

The Utah - Baylor game might be a glimpse of what Oregon's going to face, besides the hot temperatures and humidity.  Baylor was a much more inspired team today than last weekend.  Home fields in the CFB are a bid edge for teams, bigger I think than in the NFL.  Oregon will need to play with all the intensity they can muster and I think they will be fine!

On 9/9/2023 at 5:34 PM, Mic said:

For what it's worth, Utah seemed to hold up ok in the heat at Waco earlier.  Of course, they're a desert team but the temps of the turf were >137F!  I'm delighted kickoff for this game in Lubbock is as late as it is.  GO OREGON!

Waco was hotter with higher humidity when game was in session.  Lubbock, TX  game time temp will be 93 with 29% or less humidity.  By 7pm will be 91, by 8pm 87, by 9pm 83 degrees.

The Texas Tech University new Matrix Helix synthetic turf system is far better turf than what was at Baylor.  This will be the first time both teams will be playing on it.

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2023 at 3:02 PM, NJDuck said:

Waco was hotter with higher humidity when game was in session.  Lubbock, TX  game time temp will be 93 with 29% or less humidity.  By 7pm will be 91, by 8pm 87, by 9pm 83 degrees.

That sounds a lot better.

Hype video posted by PD:

• Like 1

The betting line reduced to 5.5 and Kirk Herbstreit picked Texas Texas.

Smart money still doesn't believe in our D and Bo Nix on the road.

I'm hoping they are wrong. We find out soon.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:21 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I believe the Red Raiders will throw the ball quickly, thus few opportunities for sacks

Should test the LBs. Short intermediate passes. It will be interesting to see if LB play has improved in the passing game. 

This is one of those games that make me so nervous.  All the pressure seems to be on the Ducks, even tho it's TT facing an 0-2 start if they lose. Nice Hype video with the patched-in video of the old announcers Todd McKim and another.  When was that from?

Edited by Mic

On 9/9/2023 at 6:29 PM, Mic said:

This is one of those games that make me so nervous.  All the pressure seems to be on the Ducks, even tho it's TT facing an 0-2 start if they lose. Nice Hype video with the patched-in video of the old announcers Todd McKim and another.  When was that from?

"This will be the third-ever matchup between the two teams, but it will be the first in over a quarter-century. The last matchup was the second leg of a home-and-home series in 1992 — the first leg came the year before. Oregon was victorious in both games, winning 28-13 in 1991 and 16-13 in 1992."

• Thumbs Up 1

Anybody have a good streaming site... I just found out Fox and DISH are pulling the same garbage that ESPN-Disney and Comcast went through a week ago.

Go Ducks!

On 9/9/2023 at 6:51 PM, woundedknees said:

Anybody have a good streaming site... I just found out Fox and DISH are pulling the same garbage that ESPN-Disney and Comcast went through a week ago.

Sign up quick with Fubo.tv.  Get a free trial week.  Can quite afterwards.  Showing on FOX.  You can even record it.  No matter when you record it, it will record whole game.

Need to score on opening drive. 

Offense was moving well with the run, TT couldn't much about it. Wonder why they went away from it?

Missed Franklin otherwise would have scored

Grr

Can't have that sort of start. 

I'm just not convinced that this defense will be anything other than hype once again.

• Haha 1

Disappointed in the defense.

On 9/9/2023 at 4:27 PM, spartan2785 said:

Can't have that sort of start. 

I'm just not convinced that this defense will be anything other than hype once again.

Never cease to disappoint. Lot of game to play

Can TT and Shough keep up this energy for 4 quarters? A lot of times that underdog energy drains you by the second half.

I would really like to see Oregon keep pounding the ball on the ground, and play to win the second half.

DBs aren't showing up yet.

That did not suck.

Didn't miss that one. TD Oregon 

On 9/9/2023 at 4:21 PM, Log Haulin said:

Missed Franklin otherwise would have scored

Yeah I think he lost it in the sun on that one. He just scored though on his 2nd try 😄

On 9/9/2023 at 4:29 PM, Log Haulin said:

Never cease to disappoint. Lot of game to play

Yeah I get it, I probably deserve that.  I will happily eat a ton of crow if they turn out to be great.

Franklin's such a great WR, great response.

Woot!!!!!!!!

Starting out as a QB shoot out. Both looking very good.

TT sells out the run, going to get torched over the top

C'mon D

I'd like to see the defense adjust on this possession 

Taimani is a monster in the middle, I like that

Boom

Nice job Tysheem!

If anyone wants to dunk on me, go right ahead as the game progresses with regards to the defense, really good delayed blitz there.

• Salute 1

The Puddles physical therapy montage was hilarious 😂

• Haha 1

Excellent blocking there, big pickup there.

That didn't look like holding to me by 55

OL getting a bit jumpy, they need to take a breath

Our O-Line is dominant!

Can't hurt yourself. Gotta clean it up coach

How exciting that must be for Bo Nix to get to throw a touchdown to his little brother!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This offense is crazy.

• Thumbs Up 2

Tez is going to be such a huge weapon for us, I really liked out WRs last year, but I think we've really upgraded at those spots behind Franklin, 

• Thumbs Up 1

More Woot!!!!