cartm25

Nebraska vs. Colorado Viewership Numbers

This is wild.

Nebraska vs. Colorado essentially had the same number of viewers as Texas vs. Alabama.

Can't wait to see the viewership when Colorado comes to Autzen Stadium

image.thumb.png.ab9526955987b16d83638194fb1baca2.png

• Go Ducks! 1

This Colorado garbage is surreal to me...No wonder our elections are trash. People want controversy and soundbites over substance and it shows. I'll leave it there to keep away from the politics, but the willingness of people to spend their energy on things lacking substance blows my mind.

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/15/2023 at 7:16 AM, Wrathis said:

… the willingness of people to spend their energy on things lacking substance blows my mind.

Well said Wrathis, and sadly, so true.

On 9/13/2023 at 2:48 PM, cartm25 said:

This is wild.

Nebraska vs. Colorado essentially had the same number of viewers as Texas vs. Alabama.

Can't wait to see the viewership when Colorado comes to Autzen Stadium

image.thumb.png.ab9526955987b16d83638194fb1baca2.png

Assuming we both win tomorrow and given the media's love of creating controversy to spark interest, (Lanning's comments) it might even be higher. In fact, I think it will be.

Edited by Mic

The attendance I'am interested in is the 52 to 14 funeral for Colorado when they visit. I admire coach Prime but I want Oregon to shine. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I am not sure what garbage you are reffering to. Coach Sanders has taken arguably the worste power 5 team last year and doubled hwornwin total in two games. I watched both games. To me the Colorado/Nebraska game was a good a game of football as Alabama/Texas. I mean neither team could do anything for three quarters and then fireworks.

But back to Colorado how much more substance do you want? The  man can only play the gea presented before him. My guess many of the viewers were watching hoping Colorado would nose dive. Well they didn't.

On 9/15/2023 at 8:15 AM, Fitnessczar said:

My guess many of the viewers were watching hoping Colorado would nose dive. Well they didn't.

My guess as well.  This puts even more pressure on Oregon to humble the 'humble-less'.  But I expect it will be a close shave for the Ducks.  The Buffalos will be motivated like never before because Oregon is relatively highly ranked.  Again, assuming both teams win tomorrow.

The media has been, and always will be addicted to the flavor of the week. That’s where their money is made. They know their audience wants what ever will take them out of the daily grind, and into a world where dreams can come true.

Prime is the perfect fit for them: a guy who not only can produce a product, but knows how to sell it. Welcome back to the circus world of Barnum & Bailey. 

It does get tiresome wiping the crap off the windshield in order to still see the game of football that’s being smothered in all the s**t the media seems to prefer to the game they pretend to promote. 

But, that’s where the money is. Sigh.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, Fitnessczar said:

I am not sure what garbage you are reffering to. Coach Sanders has taken arguably the worste power 5 team last year and doubled hwornwin total in two games. I watched both games. To me the Colorado/Nebraska game was a good a game of football as Alabama/Texas. I mean neither team could do anything for three quarters and then fireworks.

But back to Colorado how much more substance do you want? The  man can only play the gea presented before him. My guess many of the viewers were watching hoping Colorado would nose dive. Well they didn't.

I don't think anyone can deny the turn-around Deion has performed with the Buffs. However, they were 1-11 last year playing a team that was 4-8 last year and both have been garbage in terms of production for the last 10 years. That lacks substance but still drew almost 9 million viewers.

College Game Day will be in Boulder for the Buffs vs Colorado State. A team that might make a bowl this season vs a 3-9 Mountain West team. It's a flash in the pan AT BEST.  It's obvious that Deion will be in Boulder only as long as Shadeur and Travis Hunter are. If this is considered real substance, then I don't know what to think. Maybe I'm just a young(er) guy with an old soul who's missed the mark, but I just don't get it...

On 9/15/2023 at 9:07 AM, Washington Waddler said:

The media has been, and always will be addicted to the flavor of the week.  

More like the flavor of the entire CFB season.  It's growing week-by-week and will unless Colorado loses a few games.

Again. I am confused. Nobody knows what Mr Sanders will do in two years, except Mr Sanders.

However if he leaves for greener pastures isn't that what most head coaches do.

Start at a bad school, show you are good and then move to the better situation.

So how does that show lack of substance? Or is it simply because it's Deion Sanders. 

BTW isn't this the ultimate Cinderella story? What so much hate. Dont we all go crazy when some 16 seed has a run in the NCAA basketball tournament?

On 9/15/2023 at 10:24 AM, Fitnessczar said:

BTW isn't this the ultimate Cinderella story? What so much hate. Dont we all go crazy when some 16 seed has a run in the NCAA basketball tournament?

I don't think 'hate' has anything to do with it.  It's just the tremendous over-hype the whole situation is generating.  And for that we can blame the media, not Deion Sanders.  If the Pac-12 were not dissolving next year, I'd certainly be happy to see Colorado's resurgence.  Once they move to the Big 12 I really don't care - unless Oregon faces them again in a playoff game some day.

• Thumbs Up 1

Understood.

On 9/15/2023 at 10:24 AM, Fitnessczar said:

Again. I am confused. Nobody knows what Mr Sanders will do in two years, except Mr Sanders.

However if he leaves for greener pastures isn't that what most head coaches do.

Start at a bad school, show you are good and then move to the better situation.

So how does that show lack of substance? Or is it simply because it's Deion Sanders. 

I think the biggest concern about coach Sanders is the way he went about changing the CU program.

Coming in and telling the whole team they needed to transfer out was a bit harsh for most people. 

Add to that his brash style, which one either loves or hates, no middle ground, and you have lots of negative reaction. 

But that's his point. He wants the attention, negative or positive. It's all attention. 

Without a doubt, DS has changed everything about CU football. And if you're a Buff fan, it's not just all good, it's awesome. 

But the question I ask, is this what we want for teams in the future?

A new coach comes in, kicks everyone off the team, lures in some better players and it's off to the races.

Without his kid at qb, how great of a coach would he be?

Dieon spent the last 15/20 years raising his children,.showing up to NFL games and helping found a school.

During that time he honed his coaching skills. Starting from pee wee football.

He is Deion Sanders arguably the best cover corner IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL. And he started with Pee wee.

Not corners coach for major a university. Which most, if not all, would have loved to have him.

You call him brash. I call him honest. Have you watched any of his press conferences in their entirety? Or just the sound bites? He is actually a humble man. Genuinely deferring to the team and his fellow coaches.

In our community it's not bragging if you can back it up. He spent his entire professional football (and baseball) career backi it up.

And the last comment that he wouldn't be a good coach without his Kid. Sounds like grabbing at straws to me.