Mic

Will Colorado Overtake Oregon in the Polls?

Some dangerous assumptions here: #13 Oregon takes care of business against an out-classed opponent tomorrow, winning by +30.  (O-37.5)

Also, #18 Colorado wrecks havoc on CSU (which I think is very likely given the way things are going) and runs the score up to +30.  (C-20.5)

After Colorado beats CSU into submission, will the pollsters "reward" them with a leap over the Ducks who are playing their 2nd out-classed opponent, (esp. after the close call in Lubbock).  Remember, Colorado's close win was also on the road but against a higher ranked TCU.

SOS alone makes this interesting.  Maybe Lanning needs to bear down on Hawaii tomorrow, 'Ohana' not-with-standing

Edited by Mic

The ducks just need to take care of business.

Don't worry about piling on style points: Do your business and get the second team in early to give them valuable learning experience.

Everything will sort itself out the following week when the Buffs come to town.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 9/15/2023 at 2:59 PM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

I take that as a H___ NO!  lol

• Applause 1

On 9/15/2023 at 2:59 PM, MTdux said:

The ducks just need to take care of business.

Don't worry about piling on style points: Do your business and get the second team in early to give them valuable learning experience.

Everything will sort itself out the following week when the Buffs come to town.

I only asked this question because it was posed to me by a season-ticket holder who does not participate on this forum.  He loathes DS and hates all the publicity he's generating at Colorado and how much the media seem to be in love with the Buffalos all of the sudden.  Since Oregon has been "stuck" at 13 and Colorado has been rising like quick yeast, he fears the possibility.  I couldn't answer his question because sometimes everything the pollsters do is questionable to me.  

I can see Colorado rising even higher if they beat CSU by more than the spread (depending on what other teams above they do) but I don't see Oregon rising with a win against Hawaii.  Maybe O#13 and CU #15 ?  Assuming Colorado beats the spread and O doesn't.  The media love their darlin's...

• Cool 1

On 9/15/2023 at 5:52 PM, Mic said:

Some dangerous assumptions here: #13 Oregon takes care of business against an out-classed opponent tomorrow, winning by +30.  (O-37.5)

Also, #18 Colorado wrecks havoc on CSU (which I think is very likely given the way things are going) and runs the score up to +30.  (C-20.5)

After Colorado beats CSU into submission, will the pollsters "reward" them with a leap over the Ducks who are playing their 2nd out-classed opponent, (esp. after the close call in Lubbock).  Remember, Colorado's close win was also on the road but against a higher ranked TCU.

SOS alone makes this interesting.  Maybe Lanning needs to bear down on Hawaii tomorrow, 'Ohana' not-with-standing

NO! The pollsters will wait to see what happens in Week 4 when the Buffs rubber hits the Autzen road.

A win against a G5 team in Boulder will not jump #18 CU over a G5 winner at home in Eugene, #13 Oregon.  

Move up? Maybe. But both the Ducks and Buffs moving after a weak Week 3 group of games depends upon teams ranked above them being upset. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Buffs aren't rising through merit. This is money motivated plain and sinple. Beating a very bad Neb and a weak TCU does not justify a top 25 ranking.

WSU beat Colorado state 50-24 and beat Wisky 31-21. WSU is a better team imo. We will find out tomorrow when Buffs play CSU.

Can we just skip Hawaii and go slap Colorado around instead. Don't know how much more of this I can handle.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

WWW.ODDSSHOPPER.COM

Web site created using create-react-app

Depending on this Saturday's results, I expect these odds will trend more in the direction of CU.

A 2 TD win over CU in Autzen is what I hope to see but on the road against a ranked TCU, CU put up a lot of points and the Ducks pass D will be stressed.

On 9/15/2023 at 3:55 PM, Log Haulin said:

Can we just skip Hawaii and go slap Colorado around instead. Don't know how much more of this I can handle.

No, I think O needs Hawaii to clean some things up before Colorado comes in.  I just wish Hawaii wasn't a 37 point dog.  It would be better for O is they were playing a14 point dog instead.

On 9/15/2023 at 4:16 PM, Jon Joseph said:

CU put up a lot of points and the Ducks pass D will be stressed.

Perhaps they are stressed... Or maybe the Ducks front is going to have the coaches kid running for his life.

Sanders it going to get picked 3 times. By Buffs game, Matayo will be starting. Dudes been in the backfield a ton. Hasn't gotten home bit its just a matter of time.

6 tackles, 1 solo and had a sack called back on a hold. Matayo is going to be a nightmare for opposing offenses. 

Oregon is what, 6-7 deep on D line? Thats fresh legs late. They are going to wear teams down.  Should be panick throws all day. 

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I dont see how the Buffies could put any real depth on their roster in just one year.

I think the Ducks will turn Deon Sanders into Col Sanders.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/15/2023 at 3:55 PM, Log Haulin said:

Buffs aren't rising through merit. This is money motivated plain and sinple. Beating a very bad Neb and a weak TCU does not justify a top 25 ranking.

WSU beat Colorado state 50-24 and beat Wisky 31-21. WSU is a better team imo. We will find out tomorrow when Buffs play CSU.

Quick question: how many people had Colorado undefeated today, and at 3-0 after tomorrow?

Especially against a "weak" TCU team ( who arguably could lose to Houston tomorrow)?

How many people had Colorado ranked AT ANY TIME THIS YEAR?

Anybody see Colorado maintain their poise as much as Sanders' team has maintained theirs? After going 1-11 the previous year?

In other words, why is everyone criticizing a team that is currently ranked (and should be if they beat a national runner up in their house, and routed a Nebraska team most teams in their own division didn't rout last year?)

Yeah, Sanders is brash. He backs it up, and quite frankly will have a chance to beat OBD if they play like they did in Lubbock.

Mess around with Colorado now, and we risk losing.  And at present, we don't look like we'd smoke any conference team on our schedule outside of Stanford.  

OBD have work to do.  Any talk of crushing a conference opponent is highly premature.  

I watched the TTU game again carefully.  OBD look solid, but they aren't top ten material right now. They are a serious work in progress.  Potential, as they say, will get you losses.  

Everyone in the PAC12 wants to humble OBD.  They saw the tape ( the analysts have).  They know what to attack.  And all but Cal and Stanford have the means to succeed.

I hope our boys are out for blood now.  I hope they are starving.  I hope the play like they face last year's Georgia team, and it's like a battle for their very lives.  Because then, and only then, do they have a chance to obliterate Colorado.  

Win the Day.  Fast Hard Finish.  That mantra is real.  That is what it takes to meet the very standard we want from Our Beloved Ducks.  And they are waaaay below that standard.  

Right now it's "I hope we humble Colorado".  We seriously do not look like we can take the Buffaloes down a notch playing like we did last weekend.  They are much better than just about everyone is giving them credit for.  That is a recipe for an upset.

I said it in August, how we play Portland State (pass) and TTU (fail) will show if we have a conference contender.  Elite teams take the will out of teams early and often.  That is not OBD right now.  

You don't have to believe Colorado can beat us,  they do.. Their QB is better than Shough, and so are their skill players.  They minimize their weaknesses on the OL.  You have to outcoach them to beat them.  They will not go away early in the game.  TCU found out the will of Colorado.  Do not take them lightly.  That is a huge mistake.  

I could go on, but as usual I've written too much.  Yet I see the trap OBD better not fall into.  Standard has defeated us several times because we took them for granted.  

• Thumbs Up 1

As I wrote earlier here somewhere on the board, I have lots of suspicions and puzzlements when it comes to AP pollsters.  

Being ranked #18 doesn't mean Colorado deserves a ranking that high any more than being ranked #13 means Oregon deserves a ranking that low.  But pollsters thru some chicane process make their votes and as much as we'd like to hope it's all fair and equitable, it hardly ever seems like it is.  And maybe it just can't be given the nature of college football and the vastly different and unequal conferences and schedules, team-to-team.

Hawaii doesn't appear to offer Oregon much of a chance to rise in the polls.  CU looks to be a team the AP can't wait to find and excuse for to break them into the top 10.  To put it in terms of stocks. Hawaii offers Oregon little up-side potential; while simply winning (regardless of opponent) seems to be all the AP requires out of Colorado.

Beating TT on the road netted Oregon zilch. From 13 to 13.  Beating a lesser Nebraska at home netted Colorado +4 slots upward.

Fortunately, regardless of where the two teams end up next week, they play on the 23rd and the AP will be forced to admit the winner deserves a higher ranking.  

Play the games and the polls and rankings will take care of themselves. 

• Thumbs Up 1