Santa Rosa Duck

Positive Article on Deion Sanders from the Wall Street Journal

WWW.WSJ.COM

After a narrow victory over Colorado State, here come Oregon and USC. But Deion Sanders’s goals in Colorado appear to be longer term.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw the 60 minutes segment on him that made him more sympathetic to me than I was before as well.  

It will be interesting to see if he continues coaching past his kid's college era.  He doesn't need the money, or he could make the same money with less work, given his brand.  So if he continues coaching when his sons are in the NFL, then he must have an abiding passion for developing young men.

And there is seemingly no limit of young men who need mentors, coaches, teachers and parental figures in their lives.  I teach at a community college covering a chunk of rural Oregon, and I would love to have more guys like Deion leading young men to become their best selves, instead of slowly giving up on their circumstances.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Great cameo on ESPN College Football Live today where Deion told people to get off the back of the CSU who had the late hit on Hunter.

As Deion said, 'It's a game."

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

"Great cameo on ESPN College Football Live today where Deion told people to get off the back of the CSU who had the late hit on Hunter."

I believe, if I am correct, that the player in question plays for CSU 😉 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 9/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Great cameo on ESPN College Football Live today where Deion told people to get off the back of the CSU who had the late hit on Hunter.

As Deion said, 'It's a game."

It was the right thing for him to say and it make me wonder if a cooler head with influence with Coach has his ear and brought him around?  If so, good.  If it was Coach himself, even better.  Let's get down to football and leave the nonsense behind.  I respect Deion a little more for this.

• Thumbs Up 1

He was actually quite eloquent in the 60-minute piece.   I usually have a tough time understanding what he says, but not in that interview.  Good for him. 

Edited by DuckFan93