Log Haulin

Jestin Jacobs Close?

247SPORTS.COM

While transfer addition LB Jestin Jacobs has not suited up yet for the Ducks, fellow...

If Jestin Jacobs gets on the field for the Furd game and can knock off some rust, it makes the Ducks that much more potent defensively.

Dudes an elite backer. Big, fast and strong. As is, Fusky is in for a long night if the D we saw last week shows up. Add JJ and this is a top 10 defense. 

Even if Jacobs only plays situational football (2nd-3rd and long) he will create massive problems for DeBore and Penix. Dude is a great pass rusher.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

I can't tell ya how many of us there are that want to see what this guy can do.  Right now, the Ducks are looking pretty solid at the position, he may have to work very hard to get himself playing time.  With Lanning, nothing's a given.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/28/2023 at 4:47 PM, Mic said:

I can't tell ya how many of us there are that want to see what this guy can do.  Right now, the Ducks are looking pretty solid at the position, he may have to work very hard to get himself playing time.  With Lanning, nothing's a given.

What?!?!

Dudes a day one starter. BB has played great. Better than anyone expected. But Jacob's is a beast. 6'4" 240. High LB IQ. Stud at stopping the run. Excellent pass rusher.

JJ will have to work to get into game shape and to the standard Lanning expects out of his LBs.

But there is a reason Lanning went after him. Jestin is exactly what DL was looking for when he started to implement his vision for an elite defense.

Getting  Jacob's into the lineup is a huge advantage for the Ducks.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It always helps to have a JJ on board, right?

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:34 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Let's hope he can stay on the field, right?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2023 at 8:34 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Steven A - They gave me DAT's uni to try on and it was far too big. 

But, I am good with towels and dirty laundry (no, I'm not an ex-con) so maybe I can find a spot in the locker room?

Yeah, JJ is a proven player, run stopper, pass rusher, and fully capable of covering tight ends or guys out of the back field. 

Start or not, he'll see the field in a hurry when he's in game shape.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/28/2023 at 5:34 PM, Jon Joseph said:

You had Jeremiah Johnson in mind, right?

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Just as I Iove to see JJ (Jon Joseph) post on OBDF, I would love to see JJ (Jestin Jacobs) be healthy enough to play today.

You just can't go wrong with a JJ on board........

His veteran game experience will be needed as the competition and stakes increase. While Bassa and Hill are playing and executing, at a high level, please look at the competition

PSU and Hawaii were no threat to the Ducks D and its talent level. The weak Colorado O line, with no run game allowed the front 7 to feast on Buffalo meat......

TT, with a balanced offense, experienced QB and O line put up 30 on the Duck D. That game could hsve been lost but for one great play by Dorlus and Bassa.

The Cougs, uscsuck and huskies bring an entirely different level of offensive fire power to the field. If Rising plays then Utah, at Rice Eccles will be balanced.

No better way to build a first round pick resume than to sack first round picks Penix and williams. Ward and Rising are no slouches and will most likely play on Sundays

Jestin Jacobs will be needed in those 4 games. His minutes and big game experience will help inspire Hill and Bassa, as well as keep them rested.

As Log Haulin pointed out he needs to knock the rust off and get in game shape. No better time than in a glorified scrimmage against Furd.

This sets up nice for JJ to create a story book ending as his collegiate career moves toward sunset.

Go Ducks....do not take your foot off the throttle. Destroy Stanford!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2