Charles Fischer

Oregon Secondary: ‘No Separation’

You heard the Husky sports-caster, Lincoln Kennedy, say those words often in the telecast. And he came back to the fact that there was “No Separation” on the number of very big plays.

We saw the beginning of this from the defensive backs in the Spring Game, and now, it is manifesting and improving over the five games.

Do you think we are about ready as we can be for the Huskies?

(Evan Williams, a Safety, has three sacks in two games?)

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

They were on Cardinal receives like stink on poo all night.

It they bring that kind of play to Seattle, it should be a fun day in the Puget Sound. 

Ps. I think you won the prediction contest. 

I hope Tyreek is back for UW.

Penix doesn't miss many throws and we'll need his great coverage skills.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Khyree, #5, sorry wrong name.

My bad.

On 9/30/2023 at 7:48 PM, DanLduck said:

Khyree, #5, sorry wrong name.

My bad.

He'll be vitally important since he's both a tall and speedy cornerback, he can be PBU machine.  Thankfully there's a break next week to for him to heal up.

• Let’s hope! 1

Evan Williams is a difference maker. From last year to this year, Evan is arguably the guy who makes the biggest difference. 

He is a gamer, much like DAT was on offense, and Troy Dye was on defense.

Both Dorlus and Williams will be interesting to watch on Sundays.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think the Ducks are the best team in the Pac. And it might not be close. Can't wait till the 14th. Husky doesn't have a clue whats about to happen to them.

Husky ruined Ducks season last year on what many consider dirty pool. Lanning will have this team fired up and ready to extract revenge. 

Fusky gets smacked in the mouth in two weeks.

Oh gosh...we all used the "H" word....

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/30/2023 at 7:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

You heard the Husky sports-caster, Lincoln Kennedy, say those words often in the telecast. And he came back to the fact that there was “No Separation” on the number of very big plays.

We saw the beginning of this from the defensive backs in the Spring Game, and now, it is manifesting and improving over the five games.

Do you think we are about ready as we can be for the Huskies?

(Evan Williams, a Safety, has three sacks in two games?)

Even if our secondary doesn't blanket the huskies receivers perfectly we'll be ok. Because Penix isn't a big runner and Arizona is giving Penix some pressure, not enough to seal the deal with sacks but a more athletically gifted team, say like Oregon, will get through and get some hits. Add that with having man-defense on his receivers making those throws more difficult and it could be a long day in Seattle for the Huskies.

Remember everyone... Oregon doesn't need to hold the Huskies to 6 points to win and they probably can't do that anyways. They just need to ensure that Washington doesn't score more points than Oregon. And right now Arizona has been running through that Washington defensive line and their secondary is also getting carved up by Arizona's back-up quarterback. Not enough to make that game truly close but enough that Arizona is still alive and kicking in the 4th.

Just wait until it's Oregon that is punching through with big runs and big passes. It's going to be a BIG game in Seattle in two weeks that's for sure.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/30/2023 at 11:11 PM, cartm25 said:

Hey All!!

I did not get to see the game since I don’t have the P12N.

Just looking at box score.

Any concern about the Ducks not scoring in the 1st quarter?

None

Furd got the ball first and went on a 17 play drive the took half the first quarter and got a field goal. Ducks then had a three and out then Furd got it back and kept it the rest of the quarter.After they kicked another field goal, UO dominated the rest of the game 42-0. A weird quarter but I'm not to concerned.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thanks 1

Best thing that could have happened to the Ducks. They need to know it is difficult to win on the road.

In both road games this season Oregon fell behind, but responded. In our next game we need to get ahead and keep the gas on.

Lewis also needs to up his game. Clean kicks and no misses on gimmes is his job, and he was the canary in the coal mine for the Stanford game. We can't count on the dogs to lay down on the kickoff in this next game, although they are the leg lifters, and maybe they will squat a couple times.

One of the toughest components of a championship team is road game toughness. Oregon is developing this but the next game will be a huge test.

From the kickoff to the last whistle we need to see the coaches and players execute, and this still hasn't happened on the road.

Next game might be part of a continuing learning curve, or can the Ducks establish themselves as the dominant team both at home and away!

On 10/1/2023 at 7:39 AM, Haywarduck said:

"Next game might be part of a continuing learning curve, or can the Ducks establish themselves as the dominant team both at home and away!"

Both!