cartm25

The B1G Announces Oregon's 2024-2028 Home / Away Schedule

Crazy, but it's here:

• Thumbs Up 2

BREAKING: Oregon Ducks Big Ten opponents released for 2024 season

Ever since it was officially announced a couple of months ago, we’ve been wondering what the Oregon Ducks in the Big Ten Conference was going to look like.

We know the teams in the league, and we know where the traditional powers lay, but we have all been curious to see how they were going to piece things together and schedule things out for the first season.

The Big Ten did a good job earlier in the year of releasing their first conference schedule after the league expanded to bring in both the USC Trojans and UCLA Bruins, adopting a “flex protect plus” format that made it so some teams will have more protected games against traditional rivals than others.

Once the Oregon Ducks and Washington Huskies were added to the conference later this summer, though, that entire schedule went out the window. The conference has spent the last couple of months trying to piece together a new schedule, this time with 18 total teams.

Now, in early October, that list of opponents for each team is finally being released.

Here is who Dan Lanning and the Ducks will play in their first season as a member of the Big Ten Conference...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

BREAKING: Oregon Ducks Big Ten opponents released for 2024 season

• Applause 1

Wonder if this announcement will affect anything in our future non-conference schedules aside from the obvious fact that the previously scheduled home and homes against Michigan State and Ohio State got cancelled.

I'm sure Oregon will just schedule their former Pac-12 mates, tho a series against a SEC team would be really cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

BIG TEN ANNOUNCES CONFERENCE MATCHUPS FOR 2024-28

The Big Ten announced the Oregon football team's home and away conference matchups for 2024 through 2028 on Thursday morning. The Ducks will officially join the Big Ten Conference in August 2024 and will play five league games at Autzen Stadium in their inaugural season.

Oregon will host Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio State and Washington in 2024, and will go on the road to Michigan, Purdue, UCLA and Wisconsin. UO will also play nonconference games at Hawai'i and at home against Texas Tech, Idaho and Boise State, making up a 13-game regular-season schedule.

The Ducks will have played all members of the new 18-team Big Ten Conference by the 2026 season, and will host all 17 fellow member schools in Autzen Stadium between 2024 and 2028.

Oregon is 6-3 since 2010 against the current Big Ten Conference, headlined by a 35-28 win at No. 3 Ohio State in 2021, and 11-8 since 2000. UO's matchups with Maryland in 2024 and Rutgers in 2025 will be the first in program history against each school...

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon will host Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio State and Washington at Autzen Stadium in 2024.

Wow.  What a home schedule for next year!  The total schedule could help the Athletic Department enormously with the ticket sales.  We need to expand Autzen immediately in the off-season!

We'll be barraged by Buckeye fans....(and that is a good thing for our budget!)

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Social media reacts to Oregon's Big Ten schedule release for 2024 and beyond

Thursday brought a bit of news that fans of the Oregon Ducks and every other team in the Big Ten have been waiting on for quite some time.

The Big Ten schedule of opponents for each team have been released for the next five years. While we don’t know the order or dates in which each matchup will take place, we do now have an idea of which teams each school will face, and where.

For the Oregon Ducks, there are some incredible matchups on the docket, including hosting Ohio State at Autzen in 2024, and then traving to both Michigan and Wisconsin as well.

As you would expect, fans and media members had a great time on social media reacting to the schedule of opponents released on Thursday.

Here are some of the top reactions...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Social media reacts to Oregon’s Big Ten schedule release for 2024 and beyond

• Thumbs Up 2

Very interesting. No USC game in 2024. 

Instead, the Ducks play both Ohio State and Michigan. Ohio State in Autzen as was predicted, and in the Big House in Ann Arbor instead of playing at USC as was predicted. The Ducks will also get the chance to Jump Around at Wisconsin.

UW will play the Ducks in Autzen and is a protected annual game. I was somewhat surprised to see that UCLA/USC are not annual protected games. I expect that the UW game will be the ultimate regular game match up for the Ducks.

This is a tough schedule. Especially with having to break in a new starting QB. Ohio State, Michigan, and UW are currently ranked. Maryland is 5-0 and the Terps, not LSU should be ranked in the Top 25. It will be interesting to see how Maryland stands up in Columbus on Saturday. Wisconsin and UCLA are on the cusp of moving back into the top 25. 

Michigan State will be coming to Eugene with a new coach and Oregon State's J Smith and Washington State's Jake Dickert are both rumored to be in the mix for the MSU job. 

Like Oregon in 2024, Maryland, UW, and most likely Michigan will be breaking in new QBs. In 2024, Dante Moore will have a shot at being one of CFBs best QBs. 

With the opening game in 2024 at Hawaii, and with 5 B1G home games the Ducks will have 8 home games in 2024. OOC opponents Idaho, Texas Tech, and Boise State will be coming to Autzen. 

The highlight home game will, of course, be the game versus Ohio State. Ohio State QB McCord will be back. At Michigan is the highlight away game. Will Jim Harbaugh still be coaching his alma mater? Playing in Camp Randall Stadium versus Wisconsin will also be a great away game venue.

It's going to be one heck of a first-season B1G ride. No divisions in the B1G in 2024. And, thank goodness, no games on the Pac-12 Network.

Here's more on the schedule from CBS Sports Dennis Dodd.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The Big Ten has set its football schedules for the next five years with USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington joining the league

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, Jon Joseph said:

This is a tough schedule. Especially with having to break in a new starting QB. Ohio State, Michigan, and UW are currently ranked. Maryland is 5-0

It will be brutal, but it will also be tough on our opponents....having to play the Ducks!

Bradyn Swinson Sack_Tom Corno.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I'm not a fan of not always playing UW, USC and UCLA.  However, in the immediate future, we get at least 2 of them.

The travel schedule looks OK......and Ohio St at home, Michigan on the road........wow. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2023 at 10:31 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Very interesting. No USC game in 2024. 

Instead, the Ducks play both Ohio State and Michigan. Ohio State in Autzen as was predicted, and in the Big House in Ann Arbor instead of playing at USC as was predicted. The Ducks will also get the chance to Jump Around at Wisconsin.

UW will play the Ducks in Autzen and is a protected annual game. I was somewhat surprised to see that UCLA/USC are not annual protected games. I expect that the UW game will be the ultimate regular game match up for the Ducks.

This is a tough schedule. Especially with having to break in a new starting QB. Ohio State, Michigan, and UW are currently ranked. Maryland is 5-0 and the Terps, not LSU should be ranked in the Top 25. It will be interesting to see how Maryland stands up in Columbus on Saturday. Wisconsin and UCLA are on the cusp of moving back into the top 25. 

Michigan State will be coming to Eugene with a new coach and Oregon State's J Smith and Washington State's Jake Dickert are both rumored to be in the mix for the MSU job. 

Like Oregon in 2024, Maryland, UW, and most likely Michigan will be breaking in new QBs. In 2024, Dante Moore will have a shot at being one of CFBs best QBs. 

With the opening game in 2024 at Hawaii, and with 5 B1G home games the Ducks will have 8 home games in 2024. OOC opponents Idaho, Texas Tech, and Boise State will be coming to Autzen. 

The highlight home game will, of course, be the game versus Ohio State. Ohio State QB McCord will be back. At Michigan is the highlight away game. Will Jim Harbaugh still be coaching his alma mater? Playing in Camp Randall Stadium versus Wisconsin will also be a great away game venue.

It's going to be one heck of a first-season B1G ride. No divisions in the B1G in 2024. And, thank goodness, no games on the Pac-12 Network.

Here's more on the schedule from CBS Sports Dennis Dodd.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The Big Ten has set its football schedules for the next five years with USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington joining the league

I think it's going to be a rocky start for Oregon, USC, and UW in 2024 given that all 3 will have new QB starters.  There's almost always an uneven transition period until the new players settle into their new roles.

Wow—as an Angeleno Duck, I am Extremely disappointed with this schedule.

USC and UCLA should play the Ducks every year with one home and one away.

wth?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

SEC has to move to 9 game conference schedule, right?

On 10/5/2023 at 12:06 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

Wow—as an Angeleno Duck, I am Extremely disappointed with this schedule.

USC and UCLA should play the Ducks every year with one home and one away.

wth?

Agreed, why aren't the quad protected games? It would really help with the travel.

Another wth is why are we playing 10 (!) conference games some years and 9 other years?

• Applause 1

Gonna miss slaying the Beavs. Gotta go out with a bang this year

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Major takeaways from Oregon's Ducks' Big Ten schedule release in 2024 and beyond

Thursday morning was filled with a massive bit of news, and I hope you were prepared.

We finally got a look at the schedule of opponents that each Big Ten team will face over the coming five season, starting in 2024.

While we don’t know the order that the games will be played in, nor the dates that they will occur, we now know which teams the Oregon Ducks will play, and whether they will be at home or on the road over the next five years.

There is a lot of information to parse through, and a lot of takeaways to be had.

We broke it all down and now give you our biggest takeaways from the schedule release as a whole...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Major takeaways from Oregon’s Ducks’ Big Ten schedule release in 2024 and beyond

My biggest hope for the playoff expansion next year is the committee can start focusing on the wins rather than the losses for the 6 at large bids.

No more stepping on a rake or having a bad call by the officials for one game and being left out.

I mean what if you beat a strong OSU, UM and UW, but drop 2 games and miss the B1G championship game? I'd like to think you still get in.

• Applause 1

On 10/5/2023 at 3:27 PM, Solar said:

Agreed, why aren't the quad protected games? It would really help with the travel.

Another wth is why are we playing 10 (!) conference games some years and 9 other years?

It's 9 conference games every year. Alternating 5 at home and 4 on the road. 

Oregon has 8 home games in 2024 and only 6 at home in 2025. With the quality and depth of the conference schedule, it is senseless to be playing at OK ST and at Baylor as currently scheduled. And playing at Boise State in 2025 and at Utah State in 2027? Come On Rob!

Edited by Jon Joseph

Michigan - 2024. Have Mercy!

How about jumping from a relatively light schedule to this in 2024, wow! (Using current AP rankings.)

3. Texas/ at 4. Ohio State/ at 7. UW/ 8. Oregon/ 9.USC

And USC in addition to the B1G slate in 2024, also plays LSU and Notre Dame.

“…tthe Ducks actually end up playing Ohio State more over the next three years than they do USC or UCLA.

“The Ducks get games against USC in 2025 and 2026, but they miss them in both 2024 and 2027. Similarly, Oregon plays UCLA in 2024 and 2026, but not in 2025 or 2028.”

I am livid. Gonna need an IPA…

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2023 at 1:40 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

“…tthe Ducks actually end up playing Ohio State more over the next three years than they do USC or UCLA.

“The Ducks get games against USC in 2025 and 2026, but they miss them in both 2024 and 2027. Similarly, Oregon plays UCLA in 2024 and 2026, but not in 2025 or 2028.”

I am livid. Gonna need an IPA…

I agree on both counts.

It is CRAZY we are not in LA every single year as a reward to our fans in California, as well as for recruiting.  Did Mullens really have input into this?  Lanning?

This will help, but only temporarily...

Oregon Craft Beer IPA.jpg

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

I'm surprised Oregon isn't playing USC and UCLA every year, to mitigate travel.

Maybe the University of Spoiled Children and UCLA, begged the BiG to not make them play Oregon every year..lol

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

I like the scheduling. Other than travel distance, the schedule next year isn't any harder than this year. 

Looking at how much Oregon plays Buckeye and Wash plays Mich, seems the B1G is trying to start some new rivalries.

Can't wait, lets get it on!

On 10/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, Highland Duck said:

I'm surprised Oregon isn't playing USC and UCLA every year, to mitigate travel.

Maybe the University of Spoiled Children and UCLA, begged the BiG to not make them play Oregon every year..lol

Thoughts?

If you were an LA coach, and knowing what Lanning is building....would YOU want to play Oregon every year?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Jon Gold: Welcome to the B1G Leagues -- the most exciting matchups for the Big Ten’s newest members

Glass is half empty: We lose the Rose Bowl, and all that makes the Granddaddy of Them All the most special postseason game in college football.

Glass is half full: Now we get a whole season of those classic matchups. UCLA versus Penn State. USC versus Michigan. Washington versus Ohio State. Oregon versus Rutgers.

OK, not all of this is great. But you’ve got to be pretty darn stuck in the mud to not be at least a little intrigued by the upcoming 2024 Big Ten conference matchups, which were released Thursday, all the way up to 2028...

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Even though we're not even midway through an exciting 2023 college football season, the B1G's release of its 2024 conference...

Once the B1G adds two of the disgruntled ACC programs, all of this is gonna be reset. Just like the one they made back in June. Oregon and Washington weren't added merely for cornering the West coast. It was to alleviate the travel for sports outside football. But the built in rivalries will dictate Oregon vs USC every year. Television ratings will point out the importance. The B1G is just trying to give it's new members the biggest programs to get that pop. 

Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State won't always be on your schedule.

Edited by GatOrlando

On 10/5/2023 at 7:54 PM, GatOrlando said:

Once the B1G adds two of the disgruntled ACC programs, all of this is gonna be reset. Just like the one they made back in June. Oregon and Washington weren't added merely for cornering the West coast. It was to alleviate the travel for sports outside football. But the built in rivalries will dictate Oregon vs USC every year. Television ratings will point out the importance. The B1G is just trying to give it's new members the biggest programs to get that pop. 

Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State won't always be on your schedule.

On the reset post-expansion probably but as of now, Oregon will not be playing USC every year.

SC is not on the 2024 schedule.

Washington is Oregon's designated permanent opponent.

On 10/5/2023 at 7:01 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Jon Gold: Welcome to the B1G Leagues -- the most exciting matchups for the Big Ten’s newest members

Glass is half empty: We lose the Rose Bowl, and all that makes the Granddaddy of Them All the most special postseason game in college football.

Glass is half full: Now we get a whole season of those classic matchups. UCLA versus Penn State. USC versus Michigan. Washington versus Ohio State. Oregon versus Rutgers.

OK, not all of this is great. But you’ve got to be pretty darn stuck in the mud to not be at least a little intrigued by the upcoming 2024 Big Ten conference matchups, which were released Thursday, all the way up to 2028...

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Even though we're not even midway through an exciting 2023 college football season, the B1G's release of its 2024 conference...

Michigan at SC is a bigger game than Ohio State at Oregon? Does this guy pay any attention to the number of viewers watching?

CU at Oregon was watched by close to 3M more folks than watched SC at CU and Ohio State is the most-watched team in the B1G year after year.

Just more La La Ga Ga. 

On 10/5/2023 at 5:37 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Just more La La Ga Ga. 

Is that a technical term?

I love it!

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/5/2023 at 8:56 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Is that a technical term?

I love it!

For someone with my tech skills? YES!

• Thumbs Up 1

I skimmed through the response and many were disappointed in the fact that PAC 4 don't play each other every year.

Has anyone heard the Big Ten's rationale for that decision? 

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Fitting 18 teams into a 9-game schedule is a dizzying process. Saturday Tradition's Alex Hickey makes sense of the Big Ten's new format.

On 10/5/2023 at 5:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

On the reset post-expansion probably but as of now, Oregon will not be playing USC every year.

SC is not on the 2024 schedule.

Washington is Oregon's designated permanent opponent.

Washington may be Oregon's protected rivalry. Same as UCLA to USC. But there is heat between Oregon and USC. Oregon is the kid who used to be okay in school, while USC had all the cars, love interests, and was the chosen one. 

But college came and went. Oregon grew up, moved into the block, and has been the better adult tenant. USC is angry, they don't like little Oregon taking their shine. No national titles, just a fancy empty trophy case. 

*The above are not my thoughts btw. But a good indicator of why USC vs Oregon should be a priority game for the B1G.

Bill Oram: Big Ten throws Oregon Ducks into the Big Ten fire in 2024 — and that’s just fine

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Oregon should be thrilled to face the biggest powerhouses in the Big Ten in the Ducks' first year in the conference. That's what they signed up for.

On 10/6/2023 at 2:09 AM, GatOrlando said:

Washington may be Oregon's protected rivalry. Same as UCLA to USC. But there is heat between Oregon and USC. Oregon is the kid who used to be okay in school, while USC had all the cars, love interests, and was the chosen one. 

But college came and went. Oregon grew up, moved into the block, and has been the better adult tenant. USC is angry, they don't like little Oregon taking their shine. No national titles, just a fancy empty trophy case. 

*The above are not my thoughts btw. But a good indicator of why USC vs Oregon should be a priority game for the B1G.

Good points. All 18 B1G schools will play one another 3 times in the next 5 seasons and every team will visit the opposing team once at least. This could not have happened if the Pac-4 were permanent opponents of one another.

And while the Oregon vs. USC is a good rivalry, no doubt, it is a rivalry that was limited by Pac-12 divisions and the California Scheduling Agreement. Oregon has played Cal quite a few times more since the addition of CU and Utah than it has played UCLA and USC.

Fox, CBS, NBC/Peacock, want to see more games with Oregan and USC playing Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. Guess the group with the greatest influence on the schedule.

• Thumbs Up 1

Takeaways From Oregon’s Big Ten Football Schedule'

While Oregon vs. Washington may be the biggest concern currently on the minds of Ducks football fans, the release of the Big Ten schedule for 2024-2028 took over headlines on Thursday morning, providing a fascinating glimpse into the future.

Oregon, of course, will be joining the Big Ten beginning in 2024, alongside Washington, USC, and UCLA from the moribund Pac-12. 

So, what can we glean from the Ducks’ list of opponents?

OREGONSPORTSNEWS.COM

While Oregon vs. Washington may be the biggest concern currently on the minds of Ducks football fans, the release of the Big Ten...

In 2023 to date, 8 CFB games have drawn 7M or more viewers. Colorado has played in 5 of these games!

The stadium in Tempe is sold out for CU's Saturday visit to ASU. But with the broadcast on Larry's, 'We Ain't Easy to Find' Network, hopefully, a million or so fans will tune in.

Thank goodness Puddles is flying this coop. Since the announcement that Oregon is headed to the B1G, the B1G 10 Network has given Oregon far more coverage than it ever received on the P12N. 

The P12N was one of the B1Gger mistakes in Pac-12 'leaderships' litany of tragic business decisions.

SAYONARA!

On 10/6/2023 at 8:54 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Good points. All 18 B1G schools will play one another 3 times in the next 5 seasons and every team will visit the opposing team once at least. This could not have happened if the Pac-4 were permanent opponents of one another.

And while the Oregon vs. USC is a good rivalry, no doubt, it is a rivalry that was limited by Pac-12 divisions and the California Scheduling Agreement. Oregon has played Cal quite a few times more since the addition of CU and Utah than it has played UCLA and USC.

Fox, CBS, NBC/Peacock, want to see more games with Oregan and USC playing Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. Guess the group with the greatest influence on the schedule.

Larry and George will someday host a podcast, putting all their failures on television networks. First Topic:

"Television Killed The PAC"

Edited by GatOrlando
  • Thumbs Up 1