Charles Fischer

TONIGHT! Location for OBD Get-Together for Readers and Members-Join Us!

Want to meet these characters you read every day?  I know I certainly do, thus we have reserved a meeting room at a local motel for the evening of Friday, November 10th, the night before the USC game.  It is this Friday night!

Location: It will be at the I-5 and Beltline convergence, technically in Springfield, and easy to get to. It is at, as here is the motel, and here is the location map

Hilton Garden Inn

3528 Gateway Street

Springfield, OR  97477

541-736-3000

We will open at 4:00 PM so that if anyone comes from a distance and wants to leave early--they can still meet many of us.  It will be open until 10:00 PM, so join us!

Film Session About Our Beloved Ducks at 6:15 PM

--The Anatomy of a Blitz

--The Moves of a Sack-master

--Nuances of the Will Stein Offense that Makes it Unique

This brings me back to the Chip Kelly days of making videos for everyone, and it is great fun to take a look in slow-motion of what makes the 2023 Ducks so special.

We will have light snacks available, (free) and adult beverages can be acquired at the motel bar a few steps from our meeting room, (at your own cost) but the important thing is learning more about our fellow Duck-Buddies.

Are you a reader of the site, and not a member?  Doesn't matter!  Come and share some laughs, and let's all get acquainted; it is the first time I've done this in a decade, so it will be great fun.

Come meet me, and your fellow Duck-Buddies!

Fans at Tailgate_Pac12 Video.jpg

Email charles@fishduck.com with questions, and I'll see you there!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

And yes...I will do a short video presentation reviewing some of the fine points that make the big plays work so well.  The small stuff Our Beloved Ducks are doing that are really hard to see unless you watch them in slow-motion with no blur.  (I have special equipment that allows me to create it on plays that the networks don't)

I will be sharing some of my favorite moments with huge impact that nobody sees, (I don't even see them unless I run the plays in slow-motion) and I will point out some areas to watch for when we play the Trojans.  By that time I will have plenty of film to note the areas where USC is weak, and we may attack.

And of course I would love football feedback as I'm presenting, as so many of you point out items that I miss.  It will be great fun, and we'll all learn from each other....as we do here on the forum!

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Sounds like a fun time!  Wish I was closer!!  Hope it's well attended!!

Sounds like a great event, but I won't be able to attend from Portland.  I hope it is a big success and that it leads to a future event that I can attend.  Go Ducks!

I am starting it at 4:00 PM, so people can Portland can attend and get home at a decent time...

Mr. FishDuck

Looking forward to the gathering!

My family and I will be arriving into Eugene on Friday from back East.  Excited being able to attend the game and surrounding festivities.  Does anyone knows what time tailgating starts on Saturday since it's a night time game?

Welcoming all Ideas on great eating places, etc. in town?  Again, looking forward to meeting all, being able to chat about our love of everything Duck!

th?id=OIP.Bfgz4vUJ4kG-V6oqfmHAeAHaEK%26p

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/8/2023 at 4:36 AM, NJDuck said:

My family and I will be arriving into Eugene on Friday from back East.

All the way from New Jersey?  C'mon OBD readers and members--come welcome him and join the fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

My family and I will be arriving into Eugene on Friday from back East.  Excited being able to attend the game and surrounding festivities.  Does anyone knows what time tailgating starts on Saturday since it's a night time game?

Welcoming all Ideas on great eating places, etc. in town?  Again, looking forward to meeting all, being able to chat about our love of everything Duck!

The Autzen parking lot opens six hours before game time, so this week that would be 1:30 pm.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:36 AM, NJDuck said:

Well done, NJDuck. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1

Wish I could join you guys. I was actually this close to a last minute business trip to Portland tomorrow... which would have, naturally, required me to also go to the game on Saturday. But unfortunately, I just found out that it's not going to happen.

However, I'll be carrying my weight, albeit lighter weight, for us down here in the desert next week in Tempe. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcoming all Ideas on great eating places, etc. in town?  ...

So many different types of great eating places, from the elegant Gordon Tavern to pub grubs such as  Quackers and The Bier Stein.

I'm sure others here will have good suggestions!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Had planned to join and was looking forward to meeting this crew.   Unfortunately a positive covid test altered those plans. 😏  I will be there in spirit as well as in Autzen on Saturday night.

Hope everyone has a great time and that we are celebrating a big win!

• Oh no! 1

Unfortunately not a workable weekend for me, but sounds like the live Fishduck experience will be worth the effort for anyone able.

Thanks for putting this together. I know the effort is larger than anyone knows. As always with Mr. Charles Fischer, one of, if not the greatest Duck fan out there, giving more than anyone!

• Thanks 1

Hope everyone who was able to attend had a great time. I wish I could have made it. Go Ducks!

I wish I could have come guys but I am housebound.  Destroyed my Mr. BBQ rep by grilling on my deck barefooted and stepping on a live charcoal briquette.  Third-degree burn and no walking around for me for a while.  Hopefully, it can happen again at a future date (perhaps pre-Natty Game) and I will be able to make it.  I am sure a good time was had by all.  Go Ducks. 

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1
  • Wow 1

Any chance you got some video to share? And any pix?

• Haha 1