tee duke

The Tree Just Whipped the Buffs

All that talk about CO flashy Hunter. He was very good for most of the game but he ended up pretty much the goat. The Stanford receiver caught a touchdown pass right off the back of Hunter's helmet. Classic.

What a comeback!!  Wow.  So glad I stayed up to watch even though Furd was behind 29 - zip at the half.  

On 10/13/2023 at 11:13 PM, tee duke said:

but he ended up pretty much the goat.

Ha, well these days goat means he's the best.

The acronym G.O.A.T. stands for "greatest of all time," especially used to praised exceptional athletes but also musicians and other public.

Crazy comeback. Pac12 after dark for sure.

Watching Coach Sanders interact with the media afterwards...I gotta say, that dude faces the music as well as any coach I've seen  It's obvious that it cuts him. But he addresses every question anyway. Good stuff.

On 10/14/2023 at 12:20 AM, bbmichaels said:

Crazy comeback. Pac12 after dark for sure.

Watching Coach Sanders interact with the media afterwards...I gotta say, that dude faces the music as well as any coach I've seen  It's obvious that it cuts him. But he addresses every question anyway. Good stuff.

A lot more so than what we'd expect from his hype train.

He's been criticized for pumping up his kids.  This may be factual.  His response to the loss though, shows he loves the game, and is in it for the right reasons.  It's the third week he has talked about what it truly means to win consistently-something he clearly is trying to teach his players.

I recommend watching it. All the nonsense went out the window.  No excuses, gave Stanford credit, tried to send his players a message without tearing them up (and a serious challenge to dedicate themselves to the game like he does), tried not to blame a player for a clear mistake while still expressing frustration about it.  He also took full responsibility for the loss.  

After they beat Colorado State-I saw some arrogance I didn't like, but this morning I could see he wasn't going to let lack of talent be an excuse for losing.  He wants to see effort and desire from his players.  No matter their talent level.  

He was about being professional last night.  He showed how much he respects the game this week.  A lot of parents are going to pay attention to this man after tonight.  He is no joke, and it is clear he is truly about developing kids no matter their talent level.  He is going to be a formidable recruiter.  

By the way, this isn't a jab at people that don't like him. He deserves that to some extent.  I was more impressed than I already am because he took this loss like a pro and didn't pull stuff one would expect after all the drama he's brought to his program.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry I missed the after-game between Prime and the media. Furd's come from behind win was impressive and entertaining. E.Ayomanor, Stanford's primary receiver was nothing short of sensational and largely responsible for the comeback. 

Wow! I watched the first half but could no longer keep my eyes open to had to go to bed. My day started at 1:45 a.m.

I was shocked to see the score this a.m. first half, tree looked horrible and colorado was up big. 

I watched Sanders presser. Humility goes a long way with me. I thought Sanders did a great job of taking ownership. We will see how they respond after things go right after this one.

If coach truly is looking to be a great coach, this could be one of the best things to happen to him. 

Teams take on the persona of thier HC. Sanders has a tremendous amount of power. It seems he recognized that.

Colorado believed their own hype. Losing to Tree should slap them back to reality. Sanders needs to be lead dog in showing that humility and get back to work. Seems he had a good start in that presser.

My view is slowly changing about what I see in him. I hope it continues. Not that my opinion matters.

I think if Colorado makes a bowl game, the short term will seem like a blessing to this program. If they just miss on the bubble? Imo, the long term effect will be a much bigger blessing to the Buffs program.

I will continue to root against this team for now. But coach Sanders has dampened the vigor on how enthusiastic I am to root against them. 

In my opinion, this is a benchmark loss for Colorado. Now is when Sanders statement "this is the worst we will be" might ring true. And it just might be a great moment in Colorado getting to respectability.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stanford win looks a little better.

Dawgs beat Arizona by 7, Stanford loss to Arizona by 1, 8 point differential. Oregon beat Stanford by 36 so the Ducks beat the dawgs by 28.

Who knows how good the dawgs really are. We will find out today, or at least a little more. My bet, they are a fraud, and will be exposed today.

Actually what will be exposed is just how good the Ducks are. If we thump the dawgs in the emerald city then the Ducks are legit top 5.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

I looked in after the first, saw a lot of Buff fans saying Deion was gonna put up 50. Little did they know, they needed that fifty. Congrats to Stanford for the comeback. But I really want to never see, hear, or even think about that creepy tree ever again. The angry trees in Wizard of Oz are preferable.

• Haha 1

Stanford is the ultimate Jekyll and Hyde team. They shut us down for a 20 minute stretch, played the most uninspired football I've ever seen in the 2nd quarter against Colorado, then turned into a dominating team in the second half.

Really, I'm not sure Colorado really played significantly worse in the second half, it's just Stanford played that much better.

And that was the most dominant performance I've ever seen from a receiver in a single half. I think he had 10-15 catches and and 250 yards. Completely unstoppable

Prime's humility would be more impressive if it showed up when he wins, instead of only when he gets his aZZ handed to him.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion, Colorado's decision to go on offense first in overtime was a really bad decision. 

• Thumbs Up 1