Charles Fischer

USC Touts Beating Oregon for a Recruit (Oh Yeah...Right!)

Oh brother...the player below in the tweet pulls a USC hat from an Oregon box with the Trojans touting how they beat out Utah and Oregon for this corner.  The truth is...Oregon offered him over a year ago, but decided to go another direction (Like Dakota Fields) and this Isiah Rubin had not even been to Oregon with an official or unofficial visit.

They gotta pretend any win they can get over the Ducks...  It's pathetic and sad, but this is where USC fans reside right now. The real decision was between Colorado and USC...good one Trojans!

N.RIVALS.COM

Isaiah Rubin - 2024 4 Star Cornerback for Los Alamitos (Los Alamitos, CA) on Rivals.com

• Wow 1
  • Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

You don’t get to be the undisputed Delusion Bowl champion year after year without extreme dedication.

• Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Shows is how far Oregon has come when former 'All-Everything, Be-Everything' USC has fallen to where they resort to stunts like this.  Time was, the USC Trojans pretended not to know there were any teams in Oregon worth paying attention to.  Or any teams other then them and UCLA.  

Wait til they come to Eugene in a few weeks.  Their prized Commit may de-commit.  

Edited by Mic

On 10/20/2023 at 3:53 PM, Mic said:

Wait til they come to Eugene in a few weeks.  Their prized Commit may de-commit.  

I was trying to convey that he is not on our radar any longer--available or not.  We moved on from him a long time ago because we like who we have.  All three corners below are rated much higher...

N.RIVALS.COM

Ify Obidegwu - 2024 4 Star Cornerback for St. Frances (Baltimore, MD) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Dakoda Fields - 2024 4 Star Cornerback for Junipero Serra (Gardena, CA) on Rivals.com

N.RIVALS.COM

Sione Laulea - 2024 4 Star Cornerback for College of San Mateo (San Mateo , CA) on Rivals.com

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Gotcha, Charles, but after Oregon hands them their lunch he can still change his mind and go elsewhere!  lol  (OK, I hate USC, I admit it...) 😆

I hope he says put so as to take a spot away from another play we actually want.

Frankly if I were a top defensive recruit the last place I'd sign for is USC........loaded with top notch busts. No development.  

While I like nothing more than a

good laugh at the Trojenz expense, their DB coach Donte Williams was Oregon's DB coach for 2018-2019. He was a good recruiter and put a pretty decent secondary on the field for the Ducks. I remember being sorry to see him go off to U$C.

Somehow he has been less effective down there both in recruiting and performance. Part of the Lincoln Riley black hole, anti-matter halo effect, I imagine.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/20/2023 at 6:13 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Part of the Lincoln Riley black hole, anti-matter halo effect, I imagine.

😁😁

• Applause 1

After all, SC is close to the 1 0h 1, no? And the tied guy will probably trip to Eugene.

Seems to me that more SoCal kids are heading up the I5 than staying in Lost Angeles.

As of now in B1G recruiting rankings, It's Ohio State 1, no surprise, and the Ducks 2, and SC at 9 behind Michigan, Penn State, and also behind several B1G teams that are just over the W/L Mendoza line.

The Duck who laughs last?

SC was a team chosen by many 'experts' to go to the Final 4 in 2023. How about trotting to the Holiday Bowl? Then again, El Paso is a great place for horses to get under the Sun in December.

Granny Holtz called out Ohio State for being soft, right? He should have looked West. SC's OL in South Bend looked like it attended the same Matador school as did the Trojan D. 5 sacks. 11 TFL, Ole!

But it's all good sayeth Lincoln Riley. 

When you start to believe in your own male bovine excrement you may be in trouble.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

USC'S delusion is nothing short of astonishing. 

The calming thought to most Trojans before August, was that this upcoming season was the last they'd have to see Oregon. They were moving on, their Duck issue being left at the roadside assistance they were moving on. Sadly though, they now realize that Duck is in the same vehicle with them now. They're riding shotgun with UCLA. But a Duck, and a Husky are in the backseat. "Drats".

Which two programs look to be in a better position going forward? I saw physicality last week. That will carry over, even with new QB's to break in. USC will be breaking in a new guy next year as well btw.

• Great post! 1