So far… home team wins in the Pac.

If that holds… how do you tie break?

ASU 7-0 in Seattle

• Like 1

Utah beat USC at the coliseum.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

and then utah beats u$c at home…

i think we can all agree now U$C isn’t very good.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:00 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

So far… home team wins in the Pac.

If that holds… how do you tie break?

I don't think the Pac-12 has any more of a home team problem than anywhere else in terms of fans and noise.

The Pac has some of the most difficult away games in the country not because of the crowds or the stadiums but the geography. You have 3 teams in the PNW rainy zone, 1 in the PNW high desert, 2 rather warm (compared to the PNW) bay area teams, 2 hot LA teams, 2 SW desert teams (hot in the day and a big cool off at night), and 2 rocky mountain teams.

Talk about geography giving away teams a butt kicking.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Poor delirious Trojan fans LOL😂

• Haha 2

Rock, paper, scissors?

Or, the team with the best uniform combinations?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:32 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Rock, paper, scissors?

Or, the team with the best uniform combinations?

Tie breaker could be which cheer leaders are the best dressed...

• Oh no! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let's hope home team loses next week...in SLC at least 

Edited by JDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

And we wonder why the SEC does so well playing an 8 game conference schedule? Do you think their extra non-conference game is away?

College students, and even professionals have a tough time traveling and playing games. What we are seeing is a preview of how hard it is going to be joining the BIG and traveling across the country.

My prediction there will be a lot of whining about the BIG being at a disadvantage because of all the travel, and the 9 game conference schedule. 

The SEC will just be laughing as they pack a rested set of teams into the playoffs.

Enough of this, let's get it done this season, and worry about that next year. 

Huge game in SLC, Oregon's O against the Utes D, can't miss tv! It might come down to the Oregon D showing up mightily, and Jacobs really starting to make a difference.

• Great post! 1

On 10/21/2023 at 9:24 PM, David Marsh said:

I don't think the Pac-12 has any more of a home team problem than anywhere else in terms of fans and noise.

The Pac has some of the most difficult away games in the country not because of the crowds or the stadiums but the geography. You have 3 teams in the PNW rainy zone, 1 in the PNW high desert, 2 rather warm (compared to the PNW) bay area teams, 2 hot LA teams, 2 SW desert teams (hot in the day and a big cool off at night), and 2 rocky mountain teams.

Talk about geography giving away teams a butt kicking.

I keep saying this. It's harder to win an away game in the west than in the SEC. While it's certainly a challenge to win with a loud rabid fan base against you, it's not the only variable. The west means longer travel distance AND wildly different air.

It sounds silly, but the difference in air temp, density, humidity, and even the smell of the particulates combine to provide a dramatic different effect that both physical and psychological impacts the players. Why do the PNW teams always perform poorly in the desert in November? Why do teams struggle at elevation in Utah?

• Great post! 1

And then Miami beats Clemson in Hard Rock.  They'd never beaten Clemson in Death Valley.

It's always been tough to win games on the road in college football, especially against evenly matched teams.

On 10/21/2023 at 9:26 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Poor delirious Trojan fans LOL😂

Yeah, the USC boards last night.and this morning (Sunday) are quite hilarious. 

Folks are pulling up Clay Helton's record and comparing it to Lincoln Riley's record WITH A HEISMAN QB and realizing it is gonna be about the same.

Clay Helton first two years: 15-7

Lincoln Riley first two years: 17-5

Folks are calling for Riley to be fired, for Caleb to be shut down to develop other talent since the season is over without a playoff shot.  

And then there are the posts that make my heart happy:  That when USC plays Oregon, it is going to be a complete stat game for Bo Nix...not my words, but USC fans!

I'm just curled up in my UofO Snuggie taking it all in!  (Just kidding, I don't have a UofO Snuggie....but anyone know where I can get one???)

Edited by Ktmguy2018
  • Haha 2