Charles Fischer

The Fuss About Patrick Herbert's "Hello" Block... Whew!

Look, I saw it in real-time, but also saw the block by Ferguson that was actually much more consequential for the success of Bucky's TD reception. But I gotta love what I see here...

Geoff does a great job reviewing the play...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 3
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Mr. FishDuck

I will explain in another thread, but I captured a screenshot of the play with my own caption below it...

Ouch2_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

No. 8? It sucks to be you...

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

Found footage of an isolated camera on #8 during the play.

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 3

Going to also give major props to Herbert here on his hand placement. This is a block in the side at worse and it even looks like he gets a hand on no. 8s chest. 

This is NOT a block in the back that would have rolled this amazing touchdown play back. 

Sure ... He flattened that poor Coug but he did some within the confines of the rules. 

And... As I've been harping on Huskies playing dirty as they lower their helmets into tackles or blocks.... Herbert is CLEAN he blocks with his hands and makes the play. 

I think Irving may have gotten away without needing that block. Oregons receiver that was being covered by that DB was also doing a fine job dragging him to the sideline in coverage... And also not getting involved in some way to create a penalty. 

A great play! 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Great stuff, watching Bucky is so much fun you miss the details happening around him.

Totally legit block by #88. What caught my eye was that Bucky slowed down slightly when he saw Herbert coming up on his right to lay the wood to that kid. He had the field vision and instinct to set up the block that would ensure the TD. .

Yet another example of how valuable #0 is to the Ducks. So relieved that Bucky was back on the sideline and in the game at the end after laying on the turf for so long in the 4th. Let's hope that he is fully recovered and available for the Utah game.

Evidently that Herbert block was worthy enough (and hilarious enough) to warrant its own article!

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Washington State fell asleep and Oregon made it pay in a major way in the second half.

• Applause 1

Great wake up call for #8 by #88. I could watch that 40 times. I’ll bet WSU coach used it more than once.

On 10/23/2023 at 1:39 PM, Just Ducky said:

Great wake up call for #8 by #88. I could watch that 40 times. I’ll bet WSU coach used it more than once.

At the very least by that point no. 8 needed to locate the ball and what was going on. He was playing the receiver at that point... He didn't have much of a clue as to what was going on anywhere else on the field. 

I think Irving stood a chance to sneak in past him in reality. But Herbert locked up the TD with the block for sure. 

88 > 8  ... 😎🦆

On 10/22/2023 at 7:24 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Found footage of an isolated camera on #8 during the play.

Absolutely perfect. LOL