Charles Fischer

Bye-Bye, Bryan Addison

This is not anything official, but I'm simply connecting the dots.  Perhaps it has been covered already, but for those who are not aware--safety Bryan Addison has not been playing due to "personal reasons."

On a pay-site they have said that those words are code for, "not coming back." As I recall, he did not travel to Stanford, and has not played since Colorado....the fourth game.  By not playing in any other games beyond the fourth game--he preserves his final year of eligibility. 

I am guessing, but I am thinking that he saw that through four games--he played a lot and was in the rotation, but he was not the starter.  I believe he is sitting out and will transfer at the end of the season, and tons of teams would want an experienced safety such as he.  (Like Oregon next year?)

Again--speculation on my part, but it makes sense.

Bryan Addison has final pick_Screenshot from Fox Sports Video.jpg

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/31/2023 at 1:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I believe he is sitting out and will transfer at the end of the season, and tons of teams would want an experienced safety such as he.  (Like Oregon next year?)

Things that make you go... Hmm!

Hope he has his degree, or is able to buckle down and finish it off!

• Thumbs Up 2

I would say this is most likely the case. 

There are some instances of some serious personal life things that come up but more often than not these days it's about preserving a red shirt and transferring. 

I always want all of our recruits to be successful, or at least obtain their degree. If he is choosing to enter the transfer portal then good luck. 

Many of our backup players could start on other teams, but the percentage of players who enter the portal versus those that get picked up by another team seems rather low. 

If he transfers the positive side is that additional space is created for the coaches to recruit, or tap into the portal if necessary. 

If so, Addison will be fine. He is a good player. 

• Thumbs Up 3