FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Elijah Rushing is the FUTURE

This Oregon Ducks football season has been an emotional one, to say the least. The entire fan base has been teetering on calling this the year that the Ducks return to the College Football Playoff, as they look as good (or better) than that historic 2014 team led by Heisman Trophy Winner Marcus Mariota. Bo Nix aims to repeat history ...

FISHDUCK.COM

This Oregon Ducks football season has been an emotional one, to say the least. The entire fan base has been teetering on calling this the year...
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

There is going to be a ton of youth on this defensive front next year. Guys like Mateo and Pleasant ar getting a lot of quality snaps this year so they will have some experience in the young guys.

Rushing is a dude. Tall, long and twitchy. Get that kid on a diet and in the weight room. If he can keep his twitch at 275-280 and, he is going to tear up B1G O lines.

I am hoping Burch sticks around for his senior year. Even if Burch goes draft, Lanning and Lupoi are deadly in the portal. This should be a great front 7 next year even with the departures and unknowns.

Stacking back to back top 10 classes is amazing. Keep doing that, add great TP acquisitions, and Ducks become one of the few that reloads every year. 

Lanning has worked under some great coaching staffs, Bulldogs and Bama. He knows what it looks like.  He is doing things at Oregon you see at the top progr'ms in the country. 

Duck fans have a lot to look forward to for years to come.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I like what you stated, it is a privilege to watch this unfold. 

Most of the time the road to success is a long and bumpy one. While the Oregon Football Program has been on a long road to the top, Lanning hasn't missed a beat.

Lanning's stewardship of the Oregon Football Program has been pretty much straight up. This isn't often the case, and there is still time for a blip, but from what I have seen Lanning has a vision, and that is getting a bright dawns light.

One of the truly wonderful things in life is to have a dream and make it come true. I'm not talking about the latest American dream of winning the lottery. I am talking about seeing something once thought impossible and making it come true.

I have had the privilege to be part of a few, and while I have nothing to do with Oregon's success seeing the many peoples hard work growing into what we are seeing is truly special, and an honor. 

To your point on Rushing he may just be another piece in the puzzle, an important piece, but that puzzle isn't missing too many pieces. I just hope Lanning has the final pieces in his pocket and can put them in place as the season continues to unfolds.

• Thumbs Up 2

Thank you, Alex.

Snaps by true frosh DL vs. Utah.

Matayo - 27

Teitum Tuiota - 19

Blake Purchase - 12

A'Mauri Washington - 9

Tevita Pome'e - 4

Also on the roster are Freshmen DL - Ashton Powers, Johnny Bowens III, My'Keil Gordan, Terrence Green, and Ashton Potter.

And 5* DL Aydin Breland is coming on board along with Rushing.

The future's so bright 😍 I just gotta wear shades!

• Like 1

Nice to see all these young studs being assembled in Eugene. The kids seem to be buying in on what the coaches are teaching them by their comments during interviews. 

My hope for the future is to hang on to our assistants for more than a year so we can build a consistent program. If the players and coaches are having fun and winning I think they may not jump ship quite so eagerly as in the past.

The last few years has been filled with turmoil and it seems to be heading away from that. As a fan I know I will enjoy not worrying about defection if Dan can accomplish his goal. There will be up and down years but as long as the bar keeps going up things will stay bright in Eugene.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Certainly good news but I'll wait til the Ducks have his signature on paper before celebrating.  Word is there may be a third 5* in the works.  Same thing tho, wait til they're on campus in uniform.  In today's CFB world, nothing is certain, even then.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, Mic said:

Certainly good news but I'll wait til the Ducks have his signature on paper before celebrating.

As I told you last year at the same time--95% of verbals stick.  If you read his post-decision interviews, it will comfort you about him sticking.  Enjoy the moment.

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1

Mr. FishDuck

If we should make the Playoff this year being in Lanning's only second year--it would be a powerful statement to the nation, and 2025 recruiting could kill it.  Thanks Alex!

Dan Lanning by Eric Evans of Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/1/2023 at 11:15 AM, Charles Fischer said:

If we should make the Playoff this year

Small "if", I'm going with "when".

That, and when we make it, our A game gets it done.

In the past few years I didn't think we quite belonged.  Not so anymore.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1