Pennsylvania Duck

AP & Coaches Polls: Week 11

WWW.ESPN.COM

Find the 2023 NCAAF rankings on ESPN, including the Coaches and AP poll for the top 25 NCAAF teams.

So, the acclaimed LA schools that took us down the road of Pac-12 destruction are both out of the top 25? The "other" two leaving the Pac-12 to go to the B1G are in the top six?  The SEC has six in the top-25, while the Pac-12 has five, while the B1G only has three?

The 2024 B1G would have five in the top-25, and the addition of the NW schools are crucial to their challenge of the B1G to the SEC.  So B1G...because of our enhanced value to your conference--you're going to PAY US FOR IT...Right?

giphy.gif

Rutgers, Maryland, Illinois, and Northwestern get more.

• Whew! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

AZ cracked the top 25. Good to see them get the love, they earned it 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 1:21 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The SEC has six in the top-25, while the Pac-12 has five

This is what absolutely sucks EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  SEC will begin taking over the polls because they are playing Directional State late in the year while half of the Pac-12 is adding another conference loss.  Yes, SEC has been better on the field, however the entire conference finishes better in the poles with fewer losses and then amazingly start higher the following season (repeat the process).

8 vs 9 conference games, FBS leagues were never an apples to apples comparison.  How this system has persisted for two decades and Pac-12 athletic directors allowed it is beyond me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Texas is the dark horse that could possibly unseat Oregon from being one of the "two 1st out".  However, if Oregon wins out and defeats an unbeaten Washington in the Pac-12 Championship game, hard to see how the selection committee overlooks them in the Final 4.  

Keep in mind two things of concern: 1) the "loss" of the huge Los Angeles media share now that USC and UCLA are not going anywhere significant and 2) the huge media share a team from Texas brings back into the pot should they get selected.  

But there's just no way to think Texas could overtake Oregon if Oregon finishes the season 12-1, if getting there means they beat a 12-0 UW.  This is why I was rooting for UW last night.  Besides, who (besides Texans) want to see Texas in the Finals?

On 11/5/2023 at 5:57 PM, mikethehiker said:

This is what absolutely sucks EVERY SINGLE YEAR.  SEC will begin taking over the polls because they are playing Directional State late in the year while half of the Pac-12 is adding another conference loss.  ...

And yet if other (ie: PAC) conference teams play Directional-State-type schools they get dinged for their lack of strength of schedule...

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/5/2023 at 6:48 PM, Mic said:

Texas is the dark horse that could possibly unseat Oregon from being one of the "two 1st out".

I’m getting increasingly concerned about a one loss Alabama defeating an unbeaten Georgia for the SEC title. If Alabama wins out, there securing a playoff spot. But would they leave two time defending champion Georgia out with one loss?

I would feel much better if FSU finally loses. It’s hard to think FSU’s program has made the jump to go unbeaten, but ACC is offering little resistance. Also expecting Texas to lose once more. 

• Applause 1

I do not see UT losing to TCU, Iowa State, or Texas Tech.

And a 12-1 UT has after Saturday last with Bama defeating LSU, an impactful win against Bama in Tuscaloosa.

One thing I'm noticing is the OOC play is too far in the rearview mirror and people are reverting back to their conference pecking order biases a bit. I certainly note the change with the media and fans talking about things.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2023 at 1:02 PM, Solar said:

people are reverting back to their conference pecking order biases

Also known as the 8 vs 9 game conference schedule.

• Thumbs Up 1