Steven A

Harbaugh Suspended for the Rest of the Big Schedule

Personally, I don't think him not on the sidelines is a big deal at all.

This is a cop-out so they don't get a bowl ban in the future.

Sorry I can't get my computer to properly link the link.

WWW.MSN.COM

• Applause 2

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Coach, you can coach all week but no games for you!

I'll be at the UW/Utah game stealing Husky signs. Bark!

It is better than the Big Ten Commissioner doing absolutely nothing, at least.  More serious repercussions should come in time.

On 11/10/2023 at 2:37 PM, ElPatoUO said:

More serious repercussions should come in time.

Probably not going to happen as NCAA lost their polygrip decades ago and no double jeopardy in the BIG now that "the hammer" has dropped.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder how a judge in Ann Arbor will rule on Michigan's request for a TRO?

I'm fairly certain this question is rhetorical. It's Veterans Day and UM had the judge on call.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

So does he sit up in the coaches booth/box?

Is that included as part of the sideline?

Btw, fwiw, trying to steal signs is not in- and-of-itself such a horrible misdeed. It's the blatant disregard for the rules everyone else are expected to follow, no scouting in-person.

On top of the coaching recruiting trips during covid blackouts, it appears Michigan, led by his highness J Harbaugh, considers themselves above and beyond following the rules.

Much like ASU did.

However, we can expect this to be the worst of it.

I hope and expect coach Lanning &Co to be ready to camouflage our signals going forward.

Welcome to the B1G duck fans!

This whole thing is a real mess.  

Who's the regulatory authority, Michigan University, The Big-10 or the NCAA?  It's not like there's a Commissioner over the CFB like there is in the NFL.  As I understand it, the University is claiming that they should be the ones to determine if punishment is due and what it should be and how it should be administrated, if at all.

It's a mess all right and some are even saying nothing wrong has been done.  Not me, I have no opinion on this other than to say, it's a mess....

Edited by Mic

Yep, it's still in limbo. College Game Day just now (7:25 am PST) announced Jim won't get his hearing on a stay of his suspension. It's scheduled for next Friday.  Michigan had a private jet on the tarmac warming up to get him to Happy Valley Pennsylvania in case he got a stay.  So, no Harbaugh on the sidelines today.

Seems like a slap on the wrist but ... you know he has to be fuming right now.  The ruling just came down.

Edited by Mic

Riddle me this... How does a staffer on a $50,000/year salary pay for tickets to the majority of games, over a multi season period, pay for travel expenses, tickets, room and board for said observation?

Slushy funds, booster shots, or begging on the streets?

Keep recruiting, running the team but stay away from the games? This punishment would be a Miami fan's dream come true!

• Haha 1

I guess they didn't need him much.  Penn State had almost zero Offense.