Steven A

A Must Read, Steve Stephens IV Making His Mark On and Off the Field

Hats/Helmets off to this great student athlete.

Helping the "invisible athlete" will be a lasting legacy.

GODUCKS.COM

Senior defensive back Steve Stephens IV will play for the final time in Autzen Stadium on Friday, and will leave a legacy off the field as well after completing the final project toward his master's degree.

• Great post! 1
  • Like 3

Stephens was on the Coaches show a few weeks back. Dude is gifted and a great interview. One of my favorite interviews on the show this year

• Thumbs Up 2

It is unfortunate that he is the weak link on the defense.  Offense pick on him in coverage, and as I diagrammed at the OBD Get-Together Film Study....he does not always have good technique as the Force defender, thus they get outside of him.

He has made a lot of great plays, but...we miss Byron Addison, IMHO.  Great guy, loyal guy, but...he is trailing a receiver way too often for my preference.

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/23/2023 at 2:20 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It is unfortunate that he is the weak link on the defense.  Offense pick on him in coverage, and as I diagrammed at the OBD Get-Together Film Study....he does not always have good technique as the Force defender, thus they get outside of him.

He has made a lot of great plays, but...we miss Byron Addison, IMHO.  Great guy, loyal guy, but...he is trailing a receiver way too often for my preference.

I think his technique is decent, he just doesn't have D-1 speed to make up for being the slightest bit out of position like Addison does. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fortunately, the Beavers are a run-oriented offense.  After what they did to Oregon last year in Corvallis I'm pretty certain they'll be trying it again this year.  But this year, Lanning & Co. are ready for it.  Oregon's "weak-link" at DB may not get too many tests in this one.  Not with the pass rush the Ducks are gonna throw at the Beavers.  Stephens may hold up just fine in this one.  Let's all hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

His is the ultimate team player.

He came in with a lot of hype but wasn't as good as those around him.

Stuck it out, supports his teammates, doesn't complain, and does his best when given an opportunity.

• Thumbs Up 2

Clearly, this young man is winning at the all important game of life. 

Well played, Mr. Stephens. I look forward to seeing the positive impact you will continue to have long after college football. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/23/2023 at 2:20 PM, Charles Fischer said: