Steven A

Revisionist History, What Would You Chose?

Would you rather have beaten ewe dub October 14 or not?

I'm fine with the loss (fine being a relative term).  That sets up us CRUSHING their season next Friday.  Otherwise, the opposite would be true and I don't think my life expectancy could survive a loss to "them" after being 12-0 going into that game. 

I am quite confident WHEN we win, we're in.  A one loss Power 5 Champ whose only loss (3 points on the road with questionable coaching decisions and much better stats) was to No. 3 (before we crush them) trumps any other 1 loss league champ except 'Bama.  We're looking BEHIND us at you Texas.

This committee is ranking teams a lot different than in prior years.  Prior years we would not be above 'Bama at this time.  I think it has been our dominance/eye test, since the loss.

If 'Bama beats Georgia, a 1 loss SEC Champ is in and Georgia will/should be out as a 1 loss non-league champion (see ohio st below).  

A one loss ohio state is toast right now (behind us and no chance for a league CShip).  They can cry all they want about their only loss was to the No. 2 team, but they don't have that league CShip.  Georgia would have to be treated the same.

If FSU wins, Texas as a 1 loss BIG 12 champ would be 5th.  Interesting, another OSU has a chance to help us in their CShip game.

So, here is my final 4 after next weekend. . .

1.  Georgia

2.  Michigan

3.  Oregon

4.  FSU/Texas

Rooting for Louisville, Ok St., Georgia and Iowa.

GO DUCKS

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/26/2023 at 5:21 PM, Steven A said:

So, here is my final 4 after next weekend. . .

1.  Georgia

2.  Michigan

3.  Oregon

4.  FSU/Texas

OBD v UM in the Rose Bowl 🙏💪🤞

I think the dawgs would still be in fade mode, and we would still be getting stronger as the season progressed. 

With revisionist history I would take two win against the dawgs instead of just one!

I am also ok with the outcome I hope to see as we get through the next few weeks.

images.jpeg

Ask fans of both schools..."would you rather have this next game as a win, or trade it for the two prior games as wins?"

This is the one that counts, baby!  I take this one in a heartbeat We get into the Playoff, and keep Washington out?  A double-win like that?

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

My opinion was the husky loss was a good loss. I commented such within the day of that loss. It is still my opinion. 

Now that the season has played out, it is obvious just how valuable that loss was. Ducks have done nothing but whats necessary to avenge that loss.

The lessons learned from losing to Husky would otherwise not been learnt. At this point, Ducks look like the Best team in the nation. 

My opinion is that would not be the case if Ducks would have won that game. Every player has gotten better. Individually and as a team. Most importantly, I can't emphasize this enough, Dan Lanning has gotten better.

Ducks are something different, they are a special unit. That wouldn't have happened if the season played out differently imo.

• Great post! 2
  • Like 1

The loss hurt.....but having the pressure on the Doogs for the last 5 weeks has been beneficial to us.  

I can't say one way or another if the loss was beneficial for the Ducks.  It seems like they got more focused and determined but they seemed that way going in.  

What I can say is that UW seems to have been negatively impacted by their win.  They just haven't been the same team since almost like they were playing not to lose and haven't handled the pressure of having to be perfect as gracefully as they could.

My guess is that is all behind them now that it's done and the rematch is now in front of them.  If for some reason UW still plays like it has of late, they are going to get destroyed by a Duck team that is so focused and *clearly* champing at the bit to avenge the loss in Seattle.  

• Applause 1