Charles Fischer

Gag...We DID Have a Winner to the OBD Prediction Contest...

It was one of the founding OBD members, and current moderator Steven A., who is the KING of one-liners that bring a smile to us all.  Now don't beat up on him, (we need every volunteer and more!) because he picked the damn Huskies.

But he did, and was the only one, thus the tiebreaker and even the score was moot.

One more game to try our luck at this, and it was GREAT to see so many OBD members enter and join the fun.

Congrats to Steven A., and thanks to all who entered!

Terrance Ferguson_Eric Evans of Oregon Football.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

That's it... I blame Steven A!

• Haha 1

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry

I saw everyone above me picking the Ducks, the Devil on my shoulder/former attorney training to win-at-all-costs kicked in.

BTW, here was my pick:

"ewe dub wins.

36 - 33 (guess what Bill Murray movie I just watched [again and again])

I looked above and no one has picked them, so this pick is my third to last chance to win the Mega Millions Jackpot prize which Charles is putting up this week since the game is in Vegas.

Of course, ewe dubs chances of winning are the same as me winning the Mega Millions or Charles actually putting up such a prize.

Go Ducks, I "double dog" dare you to prove me wrong."

As I stated above "my third to last chance to win", I was definitely planning on a Ducks win, plus a win in the semis.

P.S. As the great football philosopher once said "You play to win the game"

Post marked as "moderated" by Steven A 12/01/2023 07:46 AM

• Cool 1

Booooooo Steven! Lol

• Applause 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, kirklandduck said:

Booooooo Steven!

That's "Steven A" to you (dont' want you get another Steven on your bad side)

• Haha 1

OK, I have to interject.

Stephen is one of the greatest Duck fans, ever, and one of the biggest proponents of this forum. He also has a dry wit, that I love like nobody else.

But when you have been an attorney for umpteen years as he has, professional training, and natural, negotiating skills, kick in. I understand his choices…

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/2/2023 at 10:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

OK, I have to interject.

Stephen is one of the greatest Duck fans, ever, and one of the biggest proponents of this forum. He also has a dry wit, that I love like nobody else.

But when you have been an attorney for umpteen years as he has, professional training, and natural, negotiating skills, kick in. I understand his choices…

I don't see it. A Duck fan picks the Husky to win in a championship game over the Ducks? With nothing at risk? Yea, that one is over my head for sure. 

But in the spirit of this forum I will just say congratulations and move on.

On 12/2/2023 at 10:24 PM, Charles Fischer said:

OK, I have to interject.

Don't worry Charles, I keeping receipts 😝

P.S.  The other Stephen A uses a "ph", instead of the proper "v".

• Haha 2

Steven A,

For the record, I almost picked uw and I had the exact score!

But, alas, I could not do it. I guess I too watched the first game over too much. 

I also love all your posts and appreciate all you do to help this site. I know you're a true blue (green) Duck fan.

OK, bring on Liberty.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sometimes...yes sometimes, the "Universe" actually hears you and answers on its own terms.  Although rarely at the time or with the desired results we first cried out for.  Lol 🤣