Charles Fischer

Husky Hackers Hate OBD Forum and are STUNNED...

Of course we would have some Huskies who try to sign up to join the OBD forum in order to come in and gloat or insult us. I call fans like that, "Drive-by-Trolls," and you rarely see their work because of the wonderful moderators here who hide their posts from public view almost immediately.

Because of a big Spammer attack recently--the new registration process now requires people to fill things out more extensively--and give me their story as an Oregon fan.  It is more hassle-time for me required from the site, but you-have-to-do-what-you-have-to-do to keep the Spammers and Trolls out and protect the good people here.  Sure enough, we had a few try to register recently that had bad intentions...

Even then--people lie to you, get through, and you catch them once they write something.  We had an LSU fan sign up because "Oregon is my second favorite team," which is something that is common.  Of course once he got in--he was spewing stats on why Bo Nix should lose the Heisman to Daniels.  But he was banned immediately...

Then we have the Husky fans...

Fans at Pac12 Championships_Tom Corno.jpg

The lies they told me about why they wanted to join was a good laugh, and the entertainment was worth the time wasted.  But I did stun them with my description of all of you, and my parting message for them. I explained how all of us here really hate the Huskies, and I am truly one of the worst. But I explained the typical reaction from this unusual community about the result of the Pac-12 Championship, and below is what I sent them...

"We hate the Huskies with a passion, and I’ve written many articles over the last dozen years immersed in that hatred.  Yet at the end of the game—the vast majority on our board could not stand losing, but we gave Washington kudos for being the better team, and thus deserved their win."

"I am going to decline your offer to join, and if you wish to write something nice about Dan Lanning as you stated and send it back—I will put it in the forum for you.  In the meantime, you are welcome to bask in your win, as you should and we would too if we were in your position.  I wish you great success against Texas, and look forward to continuing our rivalry next year in the B1G."

Usually I receive no response, but one did with simply a...."wow!"

I guess the fellowship with all of you and your classy conduct made an impression on me!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Even a Husky can spell ‘wow’ without screwing up.

• Haha 3

On 12/8/2023 at 9:33 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I wish you great success against Texas

Charles, did you have to lie to them as well as banning them?

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:50 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Probably spelled it backwards and just got lucky.

• Haha 6
  • Mic drop 2

On 12/8/2023 at 10:26 AM, Steven A said:

Charles, did you have to lie to them as well as banning them?

Well, I regard any game of Washington's as "good-or-good."  If Washington wins, then it is good for the conference.  If the Huskies lose?  

giphy.gif

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I think Miss Manners would approve. 🙂😉

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/8/2023 at 9:33 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Of course we would have some Huskies who try to sign up to join the OBD forum in order to come in and gloat or insult us. I call fans like that, "Drive-by-Trolls," and you rarely see their work because of the wonderful moderators here who hide their posts from public view almost immediately.

Because of a big Spammer attack recently--the new registration process now requires people to fill things out more extensively--and give me their story as an Oregon fan.  It is more hassle-time for me required from the site, but you-have-to-do-what-you-have-to-do to keep the Spammers and Trolls out and protect the good people here.  Sure enough, we had a few try to register recently that had bad intentions...

Even then--people lie to you, get through, and you catch them once they write something.  We had an LSU fan sign up because "Oregon is my second favorite team," which is something that is common.  Of course once he got in--he was spewing stats on why Bo Nix should lose the Heisman to Daniels.  But he was banned immediately...

Then we have the Husky fans...

Fans at Pac12 Championships_Tom Corno.jpg

The lies they told me about why they wanted to join was a good laugh, and the entertainment was worth the time wasted.  But I did stun them with my description of all of you, and my parting message for them. I explained how all of us here really hate the Huskies, and I am truly one of the worst. But I explained the typical reaction from this unusual community about the result of the Pac-12 Championship, and below is what I sent them...

"We hate the Huskies with a passion, and I’ve written many articles over the last dozen years immersed in that hatred.  Yet at the end of the game—the vast majority on our board could not stand losing, but we gave Washington kudos for being the better team, and thus deserved their win."

"I am going to decline your offer to join, and if you wish to write something nice about Dan Lanning as you stated and send it back—I will put it in the forum for you.  In the meantime, you are welcome to bask in your win, as you should and we would too if we were in your position.  I wish you great success against Texas, and look forward to continuing our rivalry next year in the B1G."

Usually I receive no response, but one did with simply a...."wow!"

I guess the fellowship with all of you is making some of your classy conduct make an impression on me!

Thank You Charles for all you do and keeping them away. When the Ducks played LSU I went on their site to look around (I never confront) and it had 80,000 fans, seemingly all crazy. Just passionate. Ohio State and Penn State seemed to have the most arrogant fans exceeding even Washington and USC. And of course Oklahoma, the worst of all crying years later about the worst call in the history of football.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/8/2023 at 12:50 PM, Washington Waddler said:

How about 'Mom?'

I kid, we all know that UW is a great academic institution by the Lake, right Jimmy?

• Haha 1

On 12/8/2023 at 9:50 AM, Washington Waddler said:

As long as they put a "bow" in front of it, they are good. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

The real question is if any of their veiled insults had any wit to them. Can they spell wit, or are they indeed that word with the added letters n and s at the beginning and end?

Let 'em gloat.  It won't last.  The we can gloat.