cartm25

Mario Cristobal Featured Prominently in ESPN's "College Football Bottom 10 Year in Review - Best/Worst Moments of 2023"

Imagine my joy seeing Mari Cristbal's picture at the top of this article, LOL:

WWW.ESPN.COM

Ryan McGee salutes everything from sloppy entrances and misguided decisions to wacky plays and celebrations gone wrong.

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 1

Every top recruit contemplating going to Miami should do their homework. I would personally advise them to watch every news conference with MC explaining losses and his demeanor.

While there were losses where his Miami team was outmanned, There also is a recurring theme even from his Oregon days that his coaching style held back the team and QB. 

NIL deals will help Miami, but are they 100% sold that MC is their guy?  $80 million contract says he must get better than his 7 - 5 record fast. 

Probably three years running.

Let's see ...

1)  Calls a time out before the first play of the year.

2)  Hands off instead of taking a knee against Stanford.

3)  Hands off this year instead of taking a knee.

The guy is consistent if nothing else.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man, The Truth hurts! If he only had more experience as a head coach, he'd learn from his mistakes!

74-72. 3-3 in bowl games. He is the definition of a Mendoza Line head coach. 

• Applause 1

I am stunned that Cam Ward would consider Miami.  Doesn't he want to improve?

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

Miami coach Mario Cristobal garnered Bottom 10 infamy for his late-game decision against Georgia Tech.”

Brutal!!

IMG_1911.jpeg

On 12/13/2023 at 4:40 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I am stunned that Cam Ward would consider Miami.  Doesn't he want to improve?

I am not as much - we all know Mari-No can sell.   And ward is no Dillion Gabriel.   😀

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1

If Cam Ward decides on the Hurricanes or the Seminoles instead of the Buckeyes, what can anyone say?

Ryan Day sends QBs, including this season's NFL Rookie of the Year, CJ Stroud, to the NFL. Mario sends guys there despite his coaching.

The Miami, FSU, et al NIL money will not overwhelm Ohio State's NIL money. 

If Ward has a shot at tOSU and goes little league he will end up exactly where he belongs. 10/24/24 I expect Ward will be starting for Ohio State in Autzen. Day isn't going to give McCord a shove out the door without a backup plan in mind. Ward is in Day's mind.

This is a Caleb Williams before he headed to USC dance.

You gotta admit…Oregon is a HOT portal transfer destination.  Lanning has killed it in the portal, and the PLAYERS have benefited and he can point to that.

Whew!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/13/2023 at 5:13 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Man, The Truth hurts! If he only had more experience as a head coach, he'd learn from his mistakes!

74-72. 3-3 in bowl games. He is the definition of a Mendoza Line head coach. 

LOL, I had never heard of the "Mendoza Line".

Looked it up and it's perfect for Mari Cristbal

• Thanks 1

Maybe Ward just wanted a trip to Miami to get some sun because he sure can't possibly think Mario will help him get to the next level.🤦‍♀️

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Augduck - great take. Miami's reward for being bowl-eligible is playing in NYC in late December. 

Enjoy the trip Mari(o.)

Jon.

Mario C. would be 1st ballot HoFer being over .500. It's an appropriate comparison in reality, though. Mario(!!!) Mendoza was known for his futility at the plate, kind of like it was for Duck fans experiencing Mario on the sidelines.

Such frustrating futlilty! 

It is fun to read all the pain that is being inflicted on MarinoO and the river rats. Gets us thru the quiet time in December and makes me smile.😃 can’t wait for Moore.