Steven A

Mike Farrell Sports, Is Oregon the Next Football Superpower?

Go ahead and ignore the Washington problem (along with the Penix problem, not mine). I've certainly moved on from them.

WWW.MSN.COM

• Let’s hope! 1

Just the title gave me "the feels."

Good article!  Thanks to Steven A., NJDuck, and Pennsylvania Duck and ALL of you who post articles...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

"As I watch Lanning construct his team in his image, the blueprint is exactly what made Alabama and Georgia the top programs in the nation. 

Oregon is getting dynamic athletes in the trenches: ones that wreck and control games."

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I certainly anticipate it to be so.  Oregon certainly appears to be situated for a long time run as a consistent top ten program.  Make it so Dan.

Joel Klatt had a great video on this as well.  It was wrapped up in his Oregon / Liberty analysis, but he has HIGH praise for Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

If the Ducks aspire to be elite, they sure as he-- better beat Liberty, a team with a SOS ranked 133 of 133 FBS teams. As I have heard it said in Athens, "You are either elite or you are not. Trite perhaps but true.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

One nugget buried in the analysis: DL observing that "we did not have a good plan" against UW. 

My suspicion, also. 

Analysis forthcoming? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2023 at 1:03 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

If the Ducks aspire to be elite, they sure as he-- better beat Liberty, a team with a SOS ranked 133 of 133 FBS teams. As I have heard it said in Athens, "You are either elite or you are not. Trite perhaps but true.

Tune in next season for a Ducks game against the Spartans. Heck of a 3-pete run that came up just short for the Dawgs. 

FSU next in the Orange Bowl. Will any FSU players be in Florida for the game? No. 5 vs. No. 6 and I'm not certain No. 5 will be able to field a team. Bring on the expanded PO and expand the field to 16 in 2026. 

Go Dawgs!

On 12/27/2023 at 7:59 AM, Triphibius said:

One nugget buried in the analysis: DL observing that "we did not have a good plan" against UW. 

My suspicion, also. 

Analysis forthcoming? 

At some point you have to believe that while Oregon coached were building the future of Oregon by focusing on recruiting, that Washington coaches were busy scheming how to kick our a** a second time.

Maybe this is one of those adjustments DL is going to have to make. There are simply going to be times they have to tell the recruits "we love ya, but we need to focus on the game, so it will be radio silence for the big game week."

Edited by Solar
  • Thumbs Up 1