tee duke

Arizona Clawing the Sooners in the Alamo Bowl

I like the Wildcats. They are a scrappy team and they're putting away the Sooners at the moment. Cashing in on a bunch of turnovers. Their linemen aren't as big as the Sooners'. But they have no quit in them. And their QB, this Fifita kid can take teams apart with his ability to pass in the craziest positions. This is one helluva good bowl game. Arizona's coach has done a great job with a team that doesn't have a whole bunch of top stars.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 5

Jedd Fisch is a really good coach who hopefully will stay there for a bit, they might have something brewing in Tucson going into the Big12, I wouldn't be surprised if they win the league next year as long as they can keep their team together.

This is the type of bowl game that is actually fun to watch, not 6-6 teams who also don't have half their team because of the portal.

Edited by spartan2785
  • Thumbs Up 5

Love to see more Stoops bloodlines lose

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

I just started watching this one in the second half. Looks to me that Arizona wants to be there more than the Sooners, but I could be wrong from the limited amount of play I have witnessed in this one.

• Thumbs Up 3

It was Oklahoma 24-13 before Cats dominated the last 16 minutes 25-0.

UA QB Fifita reminded me of VJ Adams during that stretch.

• Thumbs Up 5

Arizona started and finished with a bang. By far the best bowl game I’ve seen so far. Oklahoma could have really used Gabriel tonight.

• Thumbs Up 4

OKLAHOMA dominated on offense, but it’s difficult to win when you turn it over…….. 6 times!

• Thumbs Up 1

Best bowl game so far. Low key Jedd Fisch has done a great job with that team. And the Adams/Fifita comparison is apt. Arizona is the little engine that could. I wish them well in their new conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 12:07 AM, DUCKED said:

CHOKELAHOMA dominated on offense, but it’s difficult to win when you turn it over…….. 6 times!

Fixed it for ya! 😆

Yeah, OU had almost 180 more yards. Almost all of them in the run game. Turnovers, man. 🤦‍♂️ 

On the flip side, Arizona had some magic in the air tonight (and virtually none on the ground!) If they improve on defense, and add a respectable run game, lookout B12! T-Mac & Cowing are legit!

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 6:52 AM, Krsmqn said:

Fixed it for ya! 😆

Yeah, OU had almost 180 more yards. Almost all of them in the run game. Turnovers, man. 🤦‍♂️ 

On the flip side, Arizona had some magic in the air tonight (and virtually none on the ground!) If they improve on defense, and add a respectable run game, lookout B12! T-Mac & Cowing are legit!

They are simply a good O-Line away from being a playoff team. Their O-Line was horrible. Like Venetian blinds pass blocking, and completely incapable of creating anything resembling a rushing lane.

• Thumbs Up 3

Another example of how an experienced QB is all the difference in the world.  I bet OU wins that game with Dillon Gabriel....

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/29/2023 at 12:54 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

I just started watching this one in the second half. Looks to me that Arizona wants to be there more than the Sooners, but I could be wrong from the limited amount of play I have witnessed in this one.

The Sooners missed a certain starting QB in this game.

On the way out the door, the Pac-12 defeated Texas and Oklahoma back-to-back in San Antonio.

AZ is bringing more than a CBB team into the B12.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

OBD Forum, Don't feel bad for OU; they would have preferred D. Gabriel as their QB, but their QB had been selected the National Gatorade Player of the Year; his HS was the same North Texas HS that the Five star Safety came from who had committed to the Ducks; and who then, under pressure from Mom, changed his commitment to OU (he said he had signed the wrong document). Oh, well. 

Let's just make sure our "Men of Oregon" are ready to play a good and very cohesive team. The Liberty QB sounds even better than the Wazzu QB. But, it's not about Liberty's skill and/or their strength of schedule; it's about our team's brotherhood and the team's determination to play hard and smart (as they have been taught, trained, and have repeatedly executed the Duck Standard), and to win this game to demonstrate what U of Oregon Fighting Duck Football is all about!

The Liberty QB had Approx 2400 Yards passing and more than a 1,000 yards rushing. That kind of dual purpose team and QB are always tough to stop. But the kind of coaching we have and the brand of football we play are exactly the kind of football that wins big. We aren't OU or tOSU! We are the U of Oregon Fighting Ducks! 

Win Ducks, Win! VR,

KCDuck1 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2023 at 10:50 PM, KCDuck1 said:

His HS was the same North Texas HS that the Five star Safety came from who had committed to the Ducks; and who then, under pressure from Mom, changed his commitment to OU (he said he had signed the wrong document). Oh, well. 

(Peyton Bowen) who I believe went on to play in every game for Oklahoma and ended up second team freshman All-American on many lists (33 tackles, one sack, five pass breakups, one forced fumble, one QB hurry, and two blocked punts). Win-some-lose-some I suppose.