Happy New Year's Eve Day!

image.jpeg.ab8382ba57d16d82354eb36fe25b07e1.jpeg

• Haha 8
  • Mic drop 2
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 4

I'm gonna stay home, play games with my teenage granddaughter, her boyfriend, and my wife, eating snickerdoodles and pulled pork (Not together, silly!), and shout Happy New Year about 4 hours early so the 92 year old Duck fan MIL can get her beauty rest in.

Oh, and to make sure the alarm clocks are set, so we can be ready for kickoff!

GO DUCKS! EXTINGUISH THE FLAMES!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Heading for the Pub to get a couple cold ones in before I head home by 7:00 for a late snack and probably in bed by 9ish. 

Only to be woke up 3 hours later by fire crackers, sky rockets, and that incredible urge to get rid of the 2 beers I tossed down earlier. 

Kiss my bride of 50 or so years, never can remember how many, and wish her a happy new year cuz I know she is awake, girl is a nite owl and a 🦫 that comes out at night. One more excuse to argue with her. But that’s getting off topic.

Wander back to bed to listen to the fire works display before I, hopefully, fall back to sleep. 

Pretty exciting guy aren’t I!

Anyways Happy New Year to all my Duck buddies out there

And most importantly go 🦆🦆🦆s

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

CHEERS!

Rose Bowl Party Tomorrow - GO BLUE. Tonight - We again watch Good Will Hunting followed by Hoosiers.

Best to all. Stay safe + GO DUCKS! Extinguish the Flames!

BO B!G! Go 2-0! TX fans will = 70%+ of the Sugar Bowl crowd. About the same in last season's Alamo Bowl. And if UT makes it to the title game in Houston? How many times did LSU win BCS and a Playoff title in New Orleans? How about a PO game or 3 in Las Vegas, Detroit, Indianapolis and Minneapolis. The PO next season post the 1st round will be played predominately in Dixie. Yes, rain is a threat but games could also be played in Seattle, Santa Clara, and SoFi.

Anywho, everyone enjoy. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

It is as good as reason as any to have either an Oregon Craft Beer IPA, or a famous Oregon Widmer Hefe...watching 2023 Oregon games!

Widmer Hefeweizen.jpg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/31/2023 at 10:51 AM, Charles Fischer said:

It is as good as reason as any to have either an Oregon Craft Beer IPA, or a famous Oregon Widmer Hefe...watching 2023 Oregon games!

Widmer Hefeweizen.jpg

Lemon or no lemon?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:02 AM, Just Ducky said:

Lemon or no lemon?

I never fuss with that nonsense.  But I am impressed with the flavor of Widmer's versus others out there.

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/31/2023 at 2:02 PM, Just Ducky said:

Lemon or no lemon?

Fiesta Bowl. Add a squeeze of jalapano pepper?

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Only good thing about the East Coast is being able to watch Times Square and ring in the new year at 9 pm and then off to bed.

Then tomorrow, watch putting a Bo on 2024.

Peace, Out for 2023.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/31/2023 at 11:18 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I never fuss with that nonsense.  But I am impressed with the flavor of Widmer's versus others out there.

It’s the best for sure. There was so much food value we had to flip the kegs every so often to keep all the goodies from settling to the bottom. It also makes the best beer margaritas.

1 can of lemonade

1 can Quervo Gold

1/2 can of triple sec.

I bottle Wilmer Hef.

Do not blend. And be careful more than 2 is dangerous.

Happy new year Charles.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

On 12/31/2023 at 12:02 PM, Just Ducky said:

Lemon or no lemon?

I'm bi-beer-lemon. Just depends on my mood regarding which way I swing on the lemon.

Please don't judge me 😉

On 12/31/2023 at 10:00 AM, Annie said:

image.jpeg.ab8382ba57d16d82354eb36fe25b07e1.jpeg

That's pure awesome right there!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2023 at 1:43 PM, Desert Duck said:

I'm bi-beer-lemon. Just depends on my mood regarding which way I swing on the lemon.

The trendy thing with IPAs now is nearly every new beer has a ton of citrus in it.  Thus, no need to add more, IMHO.

Love this one...

Cold IPA.jpg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/31/2023 at 3:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The trendy thing with IPAs now is nearly every new beer has a ton of citrus in it.  Thus, no need to add more, IMHO.

Love this one...

Cold IPA.jpg

Although I definitely have my favorites, I've pretty much become an equal opportunity beer consumer these days.

I love the creativity of the beer-creation-gawds. I'm a fan of the heavy porters & guiness stuff, to the lightest of brews. 

I have not yet had the opportunity to enjoy the Ninkasi Cold IPA. But right now, I feel a bit like Pavlov's dog as just the picture has me salivating.

Clearly, I need to deal with this craving soon.

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:18 AM, Charles Fischer said:

When I lived in Virginia Widmer was the Thing

The Right Coast. When it comes to watching sports on the tube, cable, steaming, FUBO, whatever, is No Country For Old Men.

• Haha 2

I don't think I could reside on the "right coast" simply due to beer selection.

I've traveled out there quite a bit in recent years and there is generally just one somewhat passable IPA available.

We beer aficianados are very spoiled out here in the PNW.

Happy New Year all!

Go Ducks!

• Applause 1

Beer AND coffee!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/31/2023 at 10:25 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Tonight - We again watch Good Will Hunting followed by Hoosiers.

Um, my nickname on my HS basketball team was “Hoos” bc I quoted Hoosiers so often. I have watched it at least a 100 times. 

”Five players on the floor. Team, team, team. No one more important than the others.”

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/31/2023 at 2:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The trendy thing with IPAs now is nearly every new beer has a ton of citrus in it

The citra hops are super popular. I love a classic citra and mosaic hops West Coast IPA. ⭐🍻