Charles Fischer

Rose Bowl Thread: Alabama vs. Michigan

I would usually root against an SEC team, but now have added incentive for a future B1G fellow conference member in the Wolverines.  Thoughts about this game?

image.png

Mr. FishDuck

The big question is how Michigan is going to perform given all the distractions around Harbaugh flirting with the NFL yet again. It looks like he’s hired an NFL agent which just adds to the pile.

WWW.FREEP.COM

ESPN's Adam Schefter and Pete Thamel report that Jim Harbaugh has hired football agent Don Yee as his new representation.

I loathe Harbaugh, and he will lose big to Saban.

(I’ve been very displeased by the rumors that Harbaugh is headed to the Chargers.)

• Oh no! 1

I’m watching but rooting for both to loose.🤪

• Thumbs Up 3

I will always root AGAINST the SEC and the Mickey Mouse network! Are they dominant? Yes. Do they play anyone outside their conference that may potentially beat them in a home-n-home series? Hardly ever. Why? To keep up the mystique.

The one rule should be the top conferences should play other top conferences in the pre-season if they are to be considered for the playoffs. This includes OBD. Scheduling lower teir teams should be a knock against a team. The caveat is there are plenty of crap teams in the top conferences!

This will be the annual Michigan choke job in the playoffs. They’re especially inept against SEC teams.

Pulling for Alabama and Texas. What a strange day indeed.

PAC12 refs? ..... Clearly a penalty for running into the kicker should have been thrown. 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

I’m not sure if Alabama and Michigan’s defenses are really good or their offenses are mediocre…

The current course of this game has me wondering if the SEC may not have inherited the PAC12’s policy of self-cannibalism.

Michigan's defense looks pretty stout; offensive line pass protection is going to be paramount when we play them...

Mr. FishDuck

Good deal.  That's one BiG team in.

• Thumbs Up 1

And the majority thought it was Alabama all-the-way!

Now, can the bastard Huskies make it two 2024 B1G teams?

Mr. FishDuck

No SEC team should have a Rose Bowl trophy in their case.

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 3