NJDuck

Report: College Football Playoff Managers Expected to Adopt 5+7 Format After Pac-12 Dissolution

An anticipated change to the College Football Playoffs upcoming 12-team format is expected to be approved on Monday, according to Yahoo Sports’ Ross Dellenger, as the CFP Board of Managers looks to change the automatic qualifier count from six to five. The move comes in response to the dissolution of the Pac-12 as a power conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

THIS best happens. Technically Wazzu Prez Shulz could veto this. In which case he will Know Nothing. 

Yep, the Pac-Whatever is recognized for what it is...another Mountain West conference.

• Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

WSU picking up a few transfers from OBD. Wonder where they got all the money?

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2024 at 7:06 PM, criticalduck said:

WSU picking up a few transfers from OBD. Wonder where they got all the money?

The school still can't play players. It has to come from a third party.

I'd also say Kris Hutson and Keith Brown aren't going to draw big NIL dollars. Brown didnt make a big enough impact at Louisville or he'd still be there. 

And Hutson is good... But he was buried on the depth chart at Oregon and played like 9 plays all season. 

I'd be shocked if there was really any significant NIL money going to either of them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

David, et al, come 2025 I expect that NCAA  prez Baker's idea will be adopted. There will be a separate NCCA division where teams commit not to pay less than $30M per annum directly to athletes via NIL put-in trust. And 'trust' will be a phantom trust. Female athletes will also have to be paid.

On 1/5/2024 at 8:39 PM, Jon Joseph said:

David, et al, come 2025 I expect that NCAA  prez Baker's idea will be adopted. There will be a separate NCCA division where teams commit not to pay less than $30M per annum directly to athletes via NIL put-in trust. And 'trust' will be a phantom trust. Female athletes will also have to be paid.

I wrote about that sort of idea that it would eventually come to pass in 2022.

FISHDUCK.COM

The great college football schism is coming, and it will fracture college football in a way that will shake the very sport and...
FISHDUCK.COM

The Great College Football Schism is Coming, and it will leave College Football divided between the Semi-Professionals, those...

So if it does come to pass then I would effectively be 1 for 2 in predictions and then we'll have to wait like... 10-20 years to see if I get the second.

• Applause 1

On 1/5/2024 at 8:32 PM, David Marsh said:

The school still can't play players. It has to come from a third party.

I'd also say Kris Hutson and Keith Brown aren't going to draw big NIL dollars. Brown didnt make a big enough impact at Louisville or he'd still be there. 

And Hutson is good... But he was buried on the depth chart at Oregon and played like 9 plays all season. 

I'd be shocked if there was really any significant NIL money going to either of them. 

Some kids may also value playing time or other factors (e.g., a fresh start, new coaches, being closer to home) over NIL $$$…

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2024 at 7:58 AM, OregonDucks said:

Some kids may also value playing time or other factors (e.g., a fresh start, new coaches, being closer to home) over NIL $$$…

This is so true. Beav fans seem to the think the only reason they lost anyone this year was strictly NIL. Definitely a factor, but playing time and looking good for the NFL because of playing time are the biggest factors for most I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/6/2024 at 12:25 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

This is so true. Beav fans seem to the think the only reason they lost anyone this year was strictly NIL. Definitely a factor, but playing time and looking good for the NFL because of playing time are the biggest factors for most I think.

Agreed.  In the Beavers' case, it could also be wanting to play against top competition and exposure, especially if the player has NFL aspirations.  I'm just saying that every player has different motivations/desires and it's not always about the NIL $$$.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shouldn't the FKA (formerly known as) Pac 12 be re-named the Scott Kliavkoff Conference with a slogan of Conference of Chumpions?

• Haha 1