Cacker Guy

Ducks No. 3 in ESPN's Way-Too-Early 2024 Rankings!

Ducks are right behind Georgia and Texas and ahead of Alabama in ESPN's "2024 Way-Too-Early college football Top 25." 

Only non-SEC team in the top 4.

WWW.ESPN.COM

The 2023 college football season may have just ended, but Mark Schlabach already has a top 25 for next year.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/8/2024 at 9:38 PM, Cacker Guy said:

Ducks are right behind Georgia and Texas and ahead of Alabama in ESPN's "2024 Way-Too-Early college football Top 25." 

Only non-SEC team in the top 4.

WWW.ESPN.COM

The 2023 college football season may have just ended, but Mark Schlabach already has a top 25 for next year.

Way too early indeed.

Gotta love that SEC bias though.

• Thumbs Up 1

It is great to see the Ducks so high on the pecking order. Always better to be noticed than overlooked.

But, as I have said many times, ratings are largely meaningless except for seeding purposes at the end of the season. What goes on between the lines is what matters and always will be.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Really? Texas at #2?? Are they returning the entire roster?

The writer sid a good job in his analysis of the teams.  However, way to early.

More transfers will take place after spring ball and final rosters are whay counts.

What will matter is where the Ducks are ranked after the tOSU and Michigan games. OBD' must win one of those games....

I am certain the trojan fans will demand a recount for they were left off the TOP 25 list. Must be a mistake for sure........

Go Ducks...........

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

UW at #11.  

nicolas-cage-the-rock.gif

• Applause 1

B1G and SEC each with 5 of the top 12…get used to it everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

We play at Mich, be nice to humble them a bit. Sure Dan knows that a game he must win....

On 1/9/2024 at 11:04 AM, Duckhart2 said:

We play at Mich, be nice to humble them a bit. Sure Dan knows that a game he must win....

At Michigan is a must win? I think thats got to be the most likely loss to pencil in. I think if we defend home and lose no more than 2 on the road = a great year and an appearance in the conference championship.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/9/2024 at 4:20 PM, Solar said:

Is it too early to say I can't wait until 2026?

My hope is G5 forms a separate division, Power conferences dump the conference championship games and we go to a 24 team playoff by multiplying the 2024 bracket stages by 2.

It would be a top 25 team playoff basically without having to give lip service to G5 teams.

If by 2026 there is only a P2 pay to play top division, then we still get rid of conference championships, and just cut out the play in games with a 16 team cross pollinated playoff (our best plays their worst, etc.).

Solar, thanks for the great take. 24? As long as CFB players are still 'students,' I do not think the schedule will allow for a 24-team PO. The 2024 PO champ game will not be played until 1/20/25. But I do believe a 16-team field is coming in 2026 with a spot reserved for the G5 if not in the top 16.

No 1st round byes. The first 2 rounds, at least, will be played on the campuses of the higher-ranked teams. All teams start play in what is now Week 0. Players will share in PO revenue, which without the ESPN broadcast exclusive will be massive. 

Using the 2023/24 final AP - 

16. OK State at 1. Michigan/ 15. OK at 2. UW/ 14. Notre Dame at 3. Texas/ 13. Penn State at 4. Georgia/ 12. LSU at 5. Bama/ 11. AZ at 6. OBD/ 10. OH ST at '7.' FSU/ 9. Ole Miss at 8. Mizzou. Speaking of Missouri, Show Me the $!

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Odds for teams to win the 2024 national championship have been posted after the conclusion of the 2023 season

From CBS Sports.