amcdawg

It Seems to Me That Coach Lanning…

…could find a basketball game to attend in Oregon instead of flying all the way to Georgia! image.png.d67f41611cced51e14c77b45ddf904d9.png

Before you ask, although most of you probably know...Isaiah Gibson

He was at the women’s game on Friday at Matt Court.

• Like 1

The weather in Georgia is a little nicer at the moment. 

Sorry, I am an idiot, and have no idea what you’re referring to.  Please spell it out for me?

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/16/2024 at 9:40 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Sorry, I am an idiot, and have no idea what you’re referring to.  Please spell it out for me?

Recruiting trip.

• Thanks 1

Coach Lanning was on a recruiting trip to see Isaiah Gibson play in a basketball game, he is an edge defender in Georgia.  He is there with Kirby Smart, UGA's head coach, Glen Schumann, UGA's DC and ILB coach, and Chidera Uzo-Diribe, UGA's OLB/Edge coach.  I do not know the gentleman next to Dan in the Oregon jacket.  

As far as the weather I am not sure what it is like in Oregon, but here in Georgia it got to 8 degrees last night and is 12 right now.  VERY low for us.

@amcdawg

Here in Seattle we’ve had a stretch of high teens/low twenties but dry.  Eugene (from what my aunt tells me) has fared far worse with snow and ice.  

Not too unusual for us in the PNW though definitely feel your pain. 

Fun science fact (or not based on what I’m about to write), you should expect more of that going forward because what’s happening is the jet stream is weakened (due to a warming planet) leading it to dip way South which allows all that wonderful Canadian weather to visit your doorstep.  Totally counter intuitive but that’s the magic of our planet.  

Seattle goes into total panic mode and anarchy when it shows because we aren’t set up to handle it and the city is very hilly leading people to get snowed in.  It’s a truly a thing of awe and humor to experience. 

Stay warm and safe!

Edited by CalBear95
  • Like 1

Oh…also cool to see the camaraderie between Dan and Kirby.  

Probably won’t be seeing that between Fisch and DL for no other reason than fan base revolt.  🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

And Dan was at the men's game on Saturday night.

The guy next to Dan in the Oregon jacket is Alique Terry, OL coach.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Always be closing. You can’t beat doing Something you love and getting paid while doing it. 

• Haha 1

On 1/17/2024 at 7:08 AM, CalBear95 said:

@amcdawg

Here in Seattle we’ve had a stretch of high teens/low twenties but dry.  Eugene (from what my aunt tells me) has fared far worse with snow and ice.  

Not too unusual for us in the PNW though definitely feel your pain. 

Fun science fact (or not based on what I’m about to write), you should expect more of that going forward because what’s happening is the jet stream is weakened (due to a warming planet) leading it to dip way South which allows all that wonderful Canadian weather to visit your doorstep.  Totally counter intuitive but that’s the magic of our planet.  

Seattle goes into total panic mode and anarchy when it shows because we aren’t set up to handle it and the city is very hilly leading people to get snowed in.  It’s a truly a thing of awe and humor to experience. 

Stay warm and safe!

All of the I-5 corridor is like that, Portland, Tacoma, Eugene, Salem, we're all basically helpless when it comes to being snowed or iced in.  Ice is of course worse since you can't do much about it, at least with snow you can get a little traction, ice is just the worse since you have to have major studs or chains, even then we only deal with it every 2-3 years, so not that many people have the experience to drive on it, and we have hilly areas in all the towns other than Salem, Seattle I imagine is the worst though.

Actually, because Seattle is on Puget Sound, it is substantially warmer in the winter than the Willamette Valley.

As far as getting around on icy streets in Eugene, AWD helps a lot.  I go slow and stay where it’s flat.

Cracks me up when I go fishing at the coast the locals call us flatlanders. Ever see anything flatter than the beaches in Oregon? I think not.

On 1/17/2024 at 5:46 PM, spartan2785 said:

All of the I-5 corridor is like that, Portland, Tacoma, Eugene, Salem, we're all basically helpless when it comes to being snowed or iced in.  Ice is of course worse since you can't do much about it, at least with snow you can get a little traction, ice is just the worse since you have to have major studs or chains, even then we only deal with it every 2-3 years, so not that many people have the experience to drive on it, and we have hilly areas in all the towns other than Salem, Seattle I imagine is the worst though.

Remember, too, that Washington outlawed studded tires Quite a few years back, to protect their roads.

It was quite entertaining having a few goofba... er, 'concerned citizens' by in a Seattle traffic jam, taking the time to loudly and profanely 'educate' this poor, benighted Oregonian on the subject.

I drove there with my  son to seek housing for a job related move.

He chose not to accept the position, after experiencing an unhealthy dose of fuskie hospitality.