AllOregon

Sources: Harbaugh Accepts Head Coach Job with Chargers

WWW.ESPN.COM

Jim Harbaugh is leaving the Michigan Wolverines to accept the head coaching job with the Los Angeles Chargers, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Hopefully is good for Herbert and Oregon (pending any coaching poaching)

• Thumbs Up 2

Woohoo, Bair, who just got his 5th star, to the Ducks coming right up! (He has said he was waiting for Harbaugh to make his decision before he made his, which tells you everything you need to know).

I don't think this will be anything like Saban leaving Bama though. Harbaugh is great, but not a dirty like Saban. UM is set up pretty good as an organization and their coach will be an internal hire (Sherrod Moore), who was successful in place of Harbaugh coaching games.

So, I expect most of the talent to stay.

Still, I'm concerned about tOSU pillaging even more top shelf talent.

Edited by Solar
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

247SPORTS.COM

In nine seasons under Harbaugh, Michigan went 89-25, including a staggering 40-3 over the last three...

A winner at U of San Diego, Stanford, the Pros, and Michigan. I see this as great news for Justin. It may also be good for MI NCAA-wise with the head man at the time of infractions leaving Ann Arbor.

Now, pick Bowers, LSU WR Nabers, UW WR Odunze (I think Franklin will be off the board but if not?), or go with the D side of the ball.

Slater is solid at LT. Another guy to look at could be ND's Joe Alt to play RT.

Will Sherrone Moore move up to HC? Will Harbaugh's move have returning MI players thinking about the portal? Did Michigan's tough 2024 schedule just get tougher?

This is a slam dunk hire for the Chargers and great for Justin Herbert’s career.  

Coach Harbough played QB and has always seemed to connect with and get the most out of his QBs. He nearly won a Super Bowl in San Francisco with Kaepernick. What’s he going to be able to do with an all pro QB with Hall of Fame talent?

• Thumbs Up 1

Jim Harbaugh's departure to the NFL is a win for Oregon in more ways than one

This move from Harbaugh also has a big impact on the Oregon Ducks, believe it or not, for more reason that one. Whether it’s the future in the Big Ten, an upcoming high-profile recruitment, or some stability for an Oregon legend at long last, Duck fans should be happy to hear about the move, no matter their opinions on Harbaugh himself.

Here’s why:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

With former Michigan Wolverines head coach Jim Harbaugh leaving to coach the Los Angeles Chargers, Oregon Duck fans come out as a winner.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/24/2024 at 5:31 PM, Jon Joseph said:

A winner at U of San Diego, Stanford, the Pros, and Michigan. I see this as great news for Justin. It may also be good for MI NCAA-wise with the head man at the time of infractions leaving Ann Arbor.

Now, pick Bowers, LSU WR Nabers, UW WR Odunze (I think Franklin will be off the board but if not?), or go with the D side of the ball.

Slater is solid at LT. Another guy to look at could be ND's Joe Alt to play RT.

Will Sherrone Moore move up to HC? Will Harbaugh's move have returning MI players thinking about the portal? Did Michigan's tough 2024 schedule just get tougher?

If Michigan wants to minimize the number of recruits jumping ship they'll need to move up Moore.  It's too late in the game to try and swipe someone else's HC (plus I doubt they'd find someone so quickly with a similar resume to Harbaugh's). 

• Applause 1

Sanctions could play a role in ship jumping too.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

On 1/24/2024 at 11:39 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Sanctions could play a role in ship jumping too.

Maybe. But I think the overwhelming reason is he wants to win a Superbowl.

Harbaugh was gone as soon as he won the title. A guy like that already had his next move, just had to figure out the specifics.

This is awesome news as Justin can now do what Dan was never able to, get the ring. I would say within the next 3 years Chargers are going to win the Big Bowl.

We win because we get Bair, and that is a game changer. Truly elite speed changes the game like it did back in Chips days. Lanning is bringing in speed on both sides of the ball and that is a dream come true for me.

This is a great day for Oregon sports, thank you Chargers!

This would be hilarious...

• Haha 3

You know who the biggest loser out of this is?  Ryan Day.

Even IF he beats Michigan next year, all the Michigan fans are gonna say "yeah, but you couldn't beat Harbaugh"...  And now he'll never have the chance...😂

• Haha 1

A buyout for a coach… who has not coached yet?  I cannot fervently wish for this on the Huskies enough!  (I know that Sherrod Moore is the likely new hire, but a guy can dream!)

Facts....jpeg

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The franchise's new head coach can help overcome its history of losing

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Harbaugh is headed back to the NFL, as most assumed he would, but not before leaving a lasting legacy in Ann Arbor

When he does choose a school, he will be going on a 2 year mission trip.

Oregon May be Surging for 5-Star Gatlin Bair | FASTEST RECRUIT IN AMERICA Closing in on Commitment

• Let’s hope! 1

Oh goody. I would've preferred Oregon beating Jim out the door. Michigan is going to be down for a few years with him, or without. Sanctions, postseason bans, and likely losing the last three years is going to hurt.

Jim lost to Day already, he would've got pounded twice had he not had an out with the pandemic year. I don't care about Day's hurt feelings, or his hot seat. I do care about Lanning beating the bricks off the two big dogs in the Big Ten. Now one is going to have excuses for why they lost.

The vultures are circling, it's gonna be more of a mercy beating now. Just put them out of their misery. Now it's just Ohio State, and I guess Wisconsin. It just doesn't have the same ring. Oh well, we'll just have to beat Ohio State twice this year. Maybe send Cryin Day out the door.😂

On 1/25/2024 at 7:45 AM, Ktmguy2018 said:

You know who the biggest loser out of this is?  Ryan Day.

Even IF he beats Michigan next year, all the Michigan fans are gonna say "yeah, but you couldn't beat Harbaugh"...  And now he'll never have the chance...😂

Same logic applies when OBD beats UW next season, right?  😀

On 1/25/2024 at 4:40 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Same logic applies when OBD beats UW next season, right?  😀

I don't care. Just Win Baby! Oregon's schedule in 2024, ranked 13th hardest in the nation, is brutal with or without DeBoer on the sideline. Penix is gone; no surprise that Kalen followed.

On 1/25/2024 at 4:23 PM, Duckley Palace said:

Oh goody. I would've preferred Oregon beating Jim out the door. Michigan is going to be down for a few years with him, or without. Sanctions, postseason bans, and likely losing the last three years is going to hurt.

Jim lost to Day already, he would've got pounded twice had he not had an out with the pandemic year. I don't care about Day's hurt feelings, or his hot seat. I do care about Lanning beating the bricks off the two big dogs in the Big Ten. Now one is going to have excuses for why they lost.

The vultures are circling, it's gonna be more of a mercy beating now. Just put them out of their misery. Now it's just Ohio State, and I guess Wisconsin. It just doesn't have the same ring. Oh well, we'll just have to beat Ohio State twice this year. Maybe send Cryin Day out the door.😂

Whisky? Just hired the Grinch Who Stole Defense. Will Van Dyke play QB like he did before Mari(o) went MIA? But at Wisky follow at Michigan and Maryland and will be the Ducks 8th game in a row without a weekend off. Ouch!

Humorous take on Harbaugh's exit. 

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2024 at 2:53 PM, Dav3d said:

Humorous take on Harbaugh's exit. 

I much prefer us being underdogs, vs everyone's target, now that expectations are higher every year...   Glad we have a young coach in DL!

There are a bunch of false coach quotes these days, and I believe this is one of them.  AI can create anything to be very convincing, as some of the spam/phishing emails I've received are so realistic.  Hard to tell them from the real thing...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/25/2024 at 3:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

There are a bunch of false coach quotes these days, and I believe this is one of them.  AI can create anything to be very convincing, as some of the spam/phishing emails I've received are so realistic.  Hard to tell them from the real thing...

I think our friend at Geaux Ducks is just having a little troll-lo-lol-lo-lol-ing fun. The "quote" the other day from DaBoer was too. Still funny to think about husky fans reading those things. 

On 1/25/2024 at 1:40 PM, DuckFan93 said:

Same logic applies when OBD beats UW next season, right? 

Yeah...but then we get to be at Bama...😂

On 1/25/2024 at 3:01 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Whisky? Just hired the Grinch Who Stole Defense. Will Van Dyke play QB like he did before Mari(o) went MIA? But at Wisky follow at Michigan and Maryland and will be the Ducks 8th game in a row without a weekend off. Ouch!

I think Wisconsin has a great year in them about every five. Fickell is a good coach, gets the most out of his talent. While I don't think they will ever match up with Oregon's talent..They are a tough team, especially at home. Grinch wasn't a great hire, but Lincoln Riley teams aren't built around defense, or toughness .

But it's gonna be a bear beating them in Madison. It will take a physical toll, Oregon was given the gauntlet in year one. Lanning will have the boys ready to roll.

• Applause 1