Charles Fischer

Hapless Husky Recruiting Descends Further...

Oh NO!  Poor Huskies...

Mr. FishDuck

Omigosh!  What do the Huskies have left of a 2024 recruiting class?  Ranked No. 64 with only FOUR of the 4/5-Star players coveted, where Oregon is No. 6 with Twenty of the 4/5-Star players?

WASHINGTON.RIVALS.COM

The definitive source for all Washington news.

This will catch up with them, as you cannot get all you need from the portal...

I feel so SAD for them!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

WWW.ON3.COM

2024 Washington Huskies Football team commit list.

Well they've dropped twenty spots in this recruiting breakdown. From 27th to 47th, 14th in the Big Ten, ouch!!!

Oregon has the current top class in the Big Ten. Coming up to 3rd overall, up 4 spots.

Michigan is 15th nationally, 3rd in conference.

Ohio State is 4th nationally, 2nd in the Big Ten. Yes they've lost their conference championship recruiting crown to OBD.

Penn State is 14th nationally, 4th in conference.

USC is 18th nationally, and they round out the top 5 in conference.

I'm somewhat shocked USC isn't at least top ten nationally, but my guess is it's due to them relying more on the portal. Which speaks to their ability to judge high school talent.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck you are certainly consistent. When ever you post about the University of Washington, I can count on one more great example of Schadenfreude. "Pleasure derived by someone from another personsl misfortune". Just to be clear, I love it!

• Like 1

Duckley, great take. But after the 2nd portal go-round the Composite Roster Rankings and Ratings will have Ohio State ahead of Oregon in roster strength and perhaps, as high as 2nd behind Georgia.

Ohio State and Oregon are the 2 B1G schools making national noise in portal picking.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/29/2024 at 4:15 PM, Jon Joseph said:

You know you're in a bad spot if you're losing recruits to Colorado...

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/29/2024 at 7:18 PM, kirklandduck said:

You know you're in a bad spot if you're losing recruits to Colorado...

But how bad can it be for Deion and fils when his sons can afford to buy him a home in uber-expensive Boulder?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/29/2024 at 2:48 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Mr. FishDuck you are certainly consistent. When ever you post about the University of Washington, I can count on one more great example of Schadenfreude. "Pleasure derived by someone from another personal misfortune". Just to be clear, I love it!

"I NEVER said I was noble..."

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/29/2024 at 5:18 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Duckley, great take. But after the 2nd portal go-round the Composite Roster Rankings and Ratings will have Ohio State ahead of Oregon in roster strength and perhaps, as high as 2nd behind Georgia.

Ohio State and Oregon are the 2 B1G schools making national noise in portal picking.

Very true Jon. I know Ohio State cherry picked guys like Downs, to add to an already top five class. So you are correct, but I'll still say Lanning beat Day in true original high school recruiting . Not his last victory over Mr. Day this upcoming calendar year either😁.

Perhaps more than just once ......

• Applause 1

Well it's hard to keep a good "bad" dog down....NOT!!!!! 🤪🤣😁

• Thumbs Up 1

Schadenfreude is 100% approved when it comes to the dawgs. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 1/30/2024 at 8:39 AM, MicroBurst61 said:

Well it's hard to keep a good "bad" dog down....NOT!!!!! 🤪🤣😁

Are the Huskies good dogs? sorry... dawgs. 

I suspect not. 

On 1/30/2024 at 4:05 AM, Duckley Palace said:

Perhaps more than just once ......

There is the potential that Oregon and Ohio State play each other THREE times this upcoming season. 

1. Regular season game. 

2. Conference Championship Game. 

3. Playoff game at some point --  assuming that both teams only have 1 or 2 losses total (and possibly only to each other) they both make the playoff and have a chance for another rematch. 

What if Oregon and Ohio State end up playing their third game against each other in the National Title game? That would be crazy but it is theoretically possible. 

• Let’s hope! 1

On 1/30/2024 at 4:16 PM, David Marsh said:

There is the potential that Oregon and Ohio State play each other THREE times this upcoming season. 

1. Regular season game. 

2. Conference Championship Game. 

3. Playoff game at some point --  assuming that both teams only have 1 or 2 losses total (and possibly only to each other) they both make the playoff and have a chance for another rematch. 

What if Oregon and Ohio State end up playing their third game against each other in the National Title game? That would be crazy but it is theoretically possible. 

Oregon and Ohio State are the two best teams in conference. At least with what we know. Oregon has a much tougher road, but if Oregon wins the first matchup. I see Ohio State not dropping another game. Washington and Michigan are going through rebuilds.

That leaves USC and Penn State. I'm sorry, but Riley teams lack toughness, and Franklin teams lack killer instinct. Oregon and Ohio State should be top five. That means both are probably in with possibly two losses.

I see Oregon winning in Eugene, Ohio State getting some revenge in Indy. Then it's all about seeding. Quite easy to see both teams vying for top six seeds. If all falls right, you could get that third matchup. How appropriate for Oregon to win the rubber match. Avenging the loss in the first ever four team playoff championship, by beating the team that beat them ten years earlier. Claiming the first ever twelve team playoff championship, along with Oregon's first ever title.

Not a bad way to kick off a new era in a new conference. Beating one of the kingpins of Oregon's new home. "I think we're gonna like it here!!"-Lanning after the game-.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just some humor for today- John Canzano in his behind the pay wall column ruminated on all the name calling/social media vitriol etc that took place after Muhammed announced his transfer to UO.   John implied he did not understand it and proceeded to discuss the current landscape of college football and the portal.  

All this begs the question, has John not paid attention to the Oregon/UW rivalry the last few years?  Is he not the guy who has Softy on his radio show and hears the absurdities Softy spews on a regular basis during football season and especially the week of the game?  

I just found the whole thing interesting.   John is certainly playing the 'help me understand' card which I guess gives him fodder for his talk show and future columns.

On 2/1/2024 at 12:06 PM, Augduck said:

Just some humor for today- John Canzano in his behind the pay wall column ruminated on all the name calling/social media vitriol etc that took place after Muhammed announced his transfer to UO.   John implied he did not understand it and proceeded to discuss the current landscape of college football and the portal.  

All this begs the question, has John not paid attention to the Oregon/UW rivalry the last few years?  Is he not the guy who has Softy on his radio show and hears the absurdities Softy spews on a regular basis during football season and especially the week of the game?  

I just found the whole thing interesting.   John is certainly playing the 'help me understand' card which I guess gives him fodder for his talk show and future columns.

I heard some of his show while driving around, similar vein. He’s gotta be in a bit of conundrum overall with realignment. Purposefully obtuse to ring up likes and calls to the show. He’s certainly whiffed on a lot of “sources” the last year and change, more “clownzano” than ever before in my book.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think John has the 'good sources' that he implies.   I think he has people on the fringes that feed him basic stuff and then he proceeds to add his touch to it.  

You can tell when he interviews Dan that Dan knows exactly how to play him and make him think he is getting some real hot news when in reality he is not.

No attempt to hijack this thread.  Just was interesting that John didn't seem to understand the Oregon/UW dynamic.  Guess he has some grist for his talk show mill.

It is interesting though, that we’ve had hoops and football players transfer to UW (and OSU) the last couple years and it didn’t seem to cause a huge uproar. Probably boils down to our players left to get playing time, their players leave to be at a better program. 

On 2/1/2024 at 3:06 PM, Augduck said:

One thing for certain is that I refuse to recognize the JCC, John Canzano Conference (a/k/a The Pac-2) as being a Power Conference. 

To my knowledge, the only 2 'football guys' who recognize the JCC, P-4 or not,  are the Oregon and UW athletic directors. 

Friend, Duckley. Michigan has a rebuild on O, not so much on D. Michigan in 2024 will, perhaps barely, be a Blue Chip Roster Team. UW will not. 

Rebuilding Washington? See Carthage post-Rome Or, perhaps Chapter 1 of Genesis with 'days' turned into 'years?' 

10/5/24 - the proof will be in the pudding when the Wolverines trip to Seattle. 

Early LIne? Give me 5! Michigan -5. O/U 55.5.

• Applause 1

On 2/1/2024 at 1:32 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Rebuilding Washington? See Carthage post-Rome Or, perhaps Chapter 1 of Genesis with 'days' turned into 'years?' 

After which Pubic War? One two years but they did ... Two took over a generation and they didn't really ..  

And we'll the third pubic war there wasn't even a Carthage afterwards but a soldering pile of ruins the Romans built over and called Carthage. 

• Applause 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:05 PM, David Marsh said:

After which Pubic War? One two years but they did ... Two took over a generation and they didn't really ..  

And we'll the third pubic war there wasn't even a Carthage afterwards but a soldering pile of ruins the Romans built over and called Carthage. 

"Pubic" or "Punic"--or a joke?

My bad. Punic and a Freudian slip on my part. 😒

On 2/1/2024 at 10:04 PM, jonson said:

"Pubic" or "Punic"--or a joke?

Punic.... 

my phone auto corrected. Sadly it thinks "public" is more applicable than "Punic" but I talk about the Punic wars all the time, it should know better! Meanwhile I never go in public.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If its ewe dub, then it's a eunuch pubic.

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1