Jon Joseph

A Dreaded Horseshoe for Wyndham Clark

Expletive Deleted GOLF!

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Clark nearly made birdie on the last to force a playoff at the PGA Tour's flagship event

That was just brutal.  He made a pretty impressive effort. the last 3 holes, but just not quite enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

That was devastating! I was yelling at my TV.

But, once again Scottie pulls off the win. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Saw that! How crushing!

• Whew! 1

On 3/18/2024 at 2:52 PM, Annie said:

Saw that! How crushing!

I imagine the $2 million softened the blow, but you do want to win. Great effort!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/18/2024 at 8:09 PM, Haywarduck said:

I imagine the $2 million softened the blow, but you do want to win. Great effort!

$4.5 million to win. Pretty sure that putt hurt a bit. But, definitely a great effort.

On 3/19/2024 at 12:19 PM, DUCati855 said:

$4.5 million to win. Pretty sure that putt hurt a bit. But, definitely a great effort.

Over the last 2 weekends, Scheffler made $8,5M, without buying a lottery ticket. Not too shabby.

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Meteoric rise for young Wyndom ... a year ago he wasn't even in the top 100 of World's best golfers, today he's ranked #5. No shame in losing to a generational player like Scheffler.

Clark's game is rock solid. He's got every shot in the bag and at age 30 his temperament now equals his shotmaking. Saturday's recovery on 17 after his embarrassing chili dip told you everything you need to know about his confidence.

Baring injury he'll challenge for every major in the near term ... and likely win another sooner than later (Masters??).  There's a sort of Hoganesque quality to his game ... very impressive.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you have the chance to watch Full Swing on Netflix they did a good job of highlighting his rise to prominence with the help of his sports psychologist. It’s a great series all around.

And ded you see his caddy's yardage pad, with The Duck-through-the-"O" on it?

On 3/19/2024 at 9:38 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Over the last 2 weekends, Scheffler made $8,5M, without buying a lottery ticket. Not too shabby.

Scheffler’s caddie has made more than McIlroy this year…..

• Haha 1