Charles Fischer

Delta Adding Flights to Help Buckeye Fans Come to Autzen

Long story short...Delta is adding flights to Portland and Eugene for the big game versus Ohio State.  Has that happened before?

Is Autzen going to be OVERRUN?

giphy.gif

• Wow 2

Mr. FishDuck

Didn't United add a nonstop to Columbus when we played there a few years back?

Please Oregon fans, be like Vizen and get the red out of Autzen stadium.

OSU do get 3,000 visitor tickets to Autzen.  According to what Rob Mullins said.  I believe that is the allotment the BIG conference allows.

Thank goodness there was a big sell out of season ticket holders.  Yes, I know there are 15 zip codes from Ohio bought season tickets, but does not mean it comes out very many.  I do know from Rob Mullins said the student section has increased.  They will be in school before the OSU game.  None of those tickets will be available to OSU fans.

What they should do is bring in more temporary seating like they did during the Chip Kelly era.

Are there controls over what students can do with their tickets? When Georgia played at Notre Dame in 2017, Dawg fans were able to obtain many of the student tickets I am told. They were also buying far more tickets, literally thousands of them, by flashing the green to ND partisans that saw the opportunity to make a quick buck. The result was that the crowd that night at Notre Dame Stadium was estimated at about 35-40% Dawg fans.

Lets hope that the Oregon fans have a little more discipline and risk temptation to sell out to the enemy.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/22/2024 at 1:09 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Are there controls over what students can do with their tickets? When Georgia played at Notre Dame in 2017, Dawg fans were able to obtain many of the student tickets I am told. They were also buying far more tickets, literally thousands of them, by flashing the green to ND partisans that saw the opportunity to make a quick buck. The result was that the crowd that night at Notre Dame Stadium was estimated at about 35-40% Dawg fans.

Lets hope that the Oregon fans have a little more discipline and risk temptation to sell out to the enemy.

Student tickets are not for sale.  Student sections are 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and the top of 2.  Student sections are on a first come-first seat basis.  Mobile ticket and Student ID are required to receive a wristband for entry.

OSU's allotment of tickets are 3,000 in the visitor sections.

So far there are 185 tickets available on the resale market.  The cheapest ticket you can buy is in section 26, row 82 for $466 and that's not including all the fees.  Highest price for a ticket is $3,684, not including fees.  There are some season tickets OSU fans bought.

I know when I traveled to see a game at Autzen, there are not very many flights going into Portland and Eugene on a normal bases.  I can see why they would have to increase the number of flights to accommodate 3,000 fans.

I thought, most of the time, you just put nuts in a truck and haul them where they are going? 

It is my understanding most nuts, imagine buckeyes too, are best roasted, which is what I believe we are planning on doing, right?

I do want to be clear we won't be eating the buckeyes, they are basically useless, toxic, and not edible.

stock-photo-a-small-truck-with-roasted-chestnuts-on-the-streets-of-istanbul-turkey-561294049.jpg

• Haha 1

Having lived in Ohio for four years, I can almost assure you that, if it looks like the game in Autzen is shaping up as the B1G game of he season, I'd suspect that there will be far in excess of 3,000 Bucks fans in the stadium that night. Hopefully it will be fewer than 10,000 of them, but Ohioans will pay what it takes to get in that stadium if sufficiently motivated. Fans there are about as rabid as they are in the SEC.

On 5/22/2024 at 11:33 AM, NJDuck said:

Student tickets are not for sale.  Student sections are 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and the top of 2.  Student sections are on a first come-first seat basis.  Mobile ticket and Student ID are required to receive a wristband for entry.

OSU's allotment of tickets are 3,000 in the visitor sections.

So far there are 185 tickets available on the resale market.  The cheapest ticket you can buy is in section 26, row 82 for $466 and that's not including all the fees.  Highest price for a ticket is $3,684, not including fees.  There are some season tickets OSU fans bought.

I know when I traveled to see a game at Autzen, there are not very many flights going into Portland and Eugene on a normal bases.  I can see why they would have to increase the number of flights to accommodate 3,000 fans.

Nebraska and Tennessee flooded our student section the last time they visited. Both school filled a quarter to a third of Autzen’s capacity. Luckily, both games were out of hand by halftime. However, Slick Willie decided to let Nebraska back in the game. Anyway, here’s to hoping our students decrease the number of Nuts fans at Autzen.

Sorry but I have 8 tickets and will sell 6 to the highest bidder. Even if they go to Suckeye fans...

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1

On 5/23/2024 at 7:31 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Nebraska and Tennessee flooded our student section the last time they visited. Both school filled a quarter to a third of Autzen’s capacity. Luckily, both games were out of hand by halftime. However, Slick Willie decided to let Nebraska back in the game. Anyway, here’s to hoping our students decrease the number of Nuts fans at Autzen.

Both of those games were played when the students were not in school yet.  It's why visiting fans sat in those sections.  Nebraska played on Sept 9, 2017 and Tennessee Sept 14, 2013.

On 5/23/2024 at 5:57 PM, criticalduck said:

Sorry but I have 8 tickets and will sell 6 to the highest bidder. Even if they go to Suckeye fans...

And this is how the invasion can come to pass. The economic incentive could end up too enticing to pass with fans who hold extra tickets. And I'd not assume that there aren't people, seeing the appeal of the battle of the Os, purchased blocks of tickets to cash in on this opportunity. (Sure hope that I am wrong however).

• Thumbs Up 1