Charles Fischer

Pitching Disaster: Oregon Loses to Texas A&M 16-9

Good gosh!  What a start!  Oregon up 4-1 after one inning with back-to-back-to-back home runs by Chase Meggers, Drew Smith and Anson ArozWhew!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck

Omigosh!  Oregon is up 7-2 after three innings!

Anson Aroz saved a home run!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

7-4 Oregon after four innings!

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Same score after five innings.

Mr. FishDuck

8-4 good guys after six innings!

Mr. FishDuck

Waz has got to make a change!

Tie game after multiple walks in the 7th inning!

Unbelievable!

Jaxson Jordan in at pitcher for Oregon, now.

Edited by woundedknees

Yikes.

Edited by Chas Man

OUCH

James Crepea:  If this were surprising it would be one thing, it's that this is predictable and foreseeable because 2021 and 2023 happened already….These are the blunders that in the ACC or SEC make decision-makers reevaluate contract discussions

Oregon leads 8-4 after 6.  Surrenders 9 runs in top of 7th.

After the grand slam, I switched to the beaver game.  Score tied, beavers at bat with bases loaded and one out.  Two batters in a row watched a called third strike!

Now I remember why I don’t like watching baseball.

• Applause 1

14-8 Aggies now

🤢🤮

So for 60 games I am cheerleading nearly to myself about Oregon Baseball....but let something bad happen?  The Boo-Birds emerge.

In 84 years before Coach Waz...we made the Regionals a total of 7 times, but have four times under Waz already, and back-to-back Super Regionals, of which has not ever been done at Oregon before.

He has not solved the pitching problem; he gave young men a chance to be the hero, and they crumbled.  It happens in all sports.  

There are times I am very disappointed in Oregon fans, as fans that do not support a sport...except to come in and dump on it during the playoffs?

Be better.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

If your coach has taken you to successive places the Duck hardball group had never been before, my $.02 is that you have a keeper who is just getting started. Give the guy some slack and celebrate the team's accomplishments this year. Duck baseball is on the right track it seems like to me.

Admittedly the meltdown was hard to watch, but baseball is a funny pastime it seems.

• Thumbs Up 1

And with Beavis also out, the conference is now out of teams competing.

RIP PAC 😢 

On 6/9/2024 at 11:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

So for 60 games I am cheerleading nearly to myself about Oregon Baseball....but let something bad happen?  The Boo-Birds emerge.

You had an MVP season this year reporting Ducks baseball for us this year, Charles. 

I'm glad the team rewarded you with a great, historic season. Your updates and analysis, and yes, your cheerleading, have been greatly appreciated by myself and many of us, even though our comments were sparse.

Tip of the cap to you

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As we said in Boston for decades when it came to the Red Sox: Wait until next yehr!

Wait til next year indeed!  Competing in the BIG?

Which formidable BIG baseball powers will keep the Ducks from the big dance next year?

On 6/10/2024 at 9:10 AM, PittDuck said:

Which formidable BIG baseball powers will keep the Ducks from the big dance next year?

Probably one of the other Pac-12 teams joining, as USC is coming back strong.  They should have been in the playoffs this year, IMHO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Disappointing end to a GREAT season. At least the Ducks were the last PAC12 team remaining... Bodes well for the B1G, as far as I'm concerned.

Good job boys. Shore up the pitching (and even that had flashes of brilliance. Need more consistency annd experience.), and things can get much better.

Edited by woundedknees