Charles Fischer

Husky Hubris and SC Smugness That Did NOT Age Well...

Set the scene....it is January 10th, and Nick Saban announced his retirement and it was reported that Dan Lanning was one of the top candidates.  Below are comments from fan forums...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Huskies:

"If Bama calls, Lanning is gone in 60 seconds."

"Lanning would leave a vapor trail out of ewegene."

"Lanning is as good as gone to Bama......"

"I think there are plenty of jobs Lanning would leave UO for. Eugene is a sad town to live in."

"UO players have 30 days to transfer after Lanning takes Bama Job, thus Sounds like Lanning is a done deal to Alabama and expect a mass exodus of players. Time to roll out the red carpet..."

"I’d expect Oregon to go after Jedd Fisch, but I’d much rather have Lanning there."

"You're never going to be a legend at Oregon and nobody will ever give you the credit for your ego because Uncle Phil is buying it for you, so and shoot your shot and try to go and build a dynasty at Bama."

Sack_CS.jpg

From SC Fans:

"Full disclosure, I think Lanning is overrated. So I’m good whatever happens."

"Oregon getting B slapped again."

"Every time a major job opens up, the mighty and oh so confident Duckies realize they are a stepping stone program."

"Dan Lanning has only shown that he can mismanage games at Oregon."

"If Lanning does head to Bama, does Oregon start to collapse like a house of cards?"

"Best part about Lanning to Bama … Oregon takes another stepping-stone-university L."

"In two years, Lanning hasn’t done anything that would make a player require assurances he’d be there. It’s the bag and Nike that are the draw."

"Overhyped coach, hasn't won a big game yet. Makes clown decisions continuously that cost his team. Hides behind being aggressive as an excuse for bad coaching decisions."

"Hopefully he stays...I am probably in the minority but I am not sold on him as an elite coach and the zeros might do better than him."

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Makes you want to beat them that much more...

• Haha 4
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ahh, jealousy is not a good look.

Nor makes good quotes.

Proof is in the pudding. Let the games begin, we will see the results clearly.

Hilarious.

UW better hope Florida does well this year.

USC is just sad. Blue Blood that failed up after failing to act the part the last 15 years.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

These never get old. I hope they flash these quotes on the scoreboard when the fuskies and SUC show up for their regular beat downs. Maybe every time the Duck’s doing push-ups!

On 6/13/2024 at 8:06 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

These never get old. I hope they flash these quotes on the scoreboard when the fuskies and SUC show up for their regular beat downs. Maybe every time the Duck’s doing push-ups!

UW every season. SC in 2025, 2026, and 2028. 

Ohio State 2024, 2026, and 2027

On 6/13/2024 at 6:12 PM, Charles Fischer said:

From the Huskies:

"Lanning is as good as gone to Bama......"

"I think there are plenty of jobs Lanning would leave UO for. Eugene is a sad town to live in."

"UO players have 30 days to transfer after Lanning takes Bama Job, thus Sounds like Lanning is a done deal to Alabama and expect a mass exodus of players. Time to roll out the red carpet..."

"I’d expect Oregon to go after Jedd Fisch, but I’d much rather have Lanning there."

"You're never going to be a legend at Oregon and nobody will ever give you the credit for your ego because Uncle Phil is buying it for you, so and shoot your shot and try to go and build a dynasty at Bama."

So funny, Washington actually predicted their own fate!

• Cool 1

On 6/13/2024 at 3:22 PM, JabbaNoBargain said:

UW better hope Florida does well this year.

So root for Cristobal to have Miami take out Florida.

That would be a delightful turn... If Cristobal can find a way to hurt the Huskies again it would be pretty darn sweet. 

USC fans not sold on Lanning and saying he is overhyped and can’t win the big game?  

Hilarious! We should probably listen, because USC fans must know more about being overhyped than anyone else on the planet.  

Oregon has only lost one game to USC in the last 12 years under 5 different head coaches.  USC’s current coach is 0-3 in playoff games, 1-4 in NY6 games, and 0-3 in NY6/playoff games with a Heisman winning QB running the offense. 

if you look up “overhyped” in the dictionary, there should be a picture of USC. 

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Applause 2

On 6/13/2024 at 3:12 PM, Charles Fischer said:

From the Huskies:

"Lanning is as good as gone to Bama....

Heard they are making a movie about this. They are calling it:

"Coachless in Seattle"

• Applause 1