Charles Fischer

Some Astute Political Analysis Here on the OBD Forum...

Not!

It has been a long road of learning, but this community has successfully trained themselves to stay away from politics, and I wish to say THANK YOU to the community.

Now, once in a while we get a bonehead who cannot restrain himself, but our wonderful moderators hide his comment immediately and hardly anyone sees it.  The point is--it used to be a problem, and now, between enforcing our rules, and the internal discipline applied by our superb OBD members--this forum is truly a safe zone for reading and writing.

I was holding my breath during election week in 2022, but nothing was written--fantastic!  And with the debate last night--nobody went near that topic here, and I am grateful, as I do not have to come down hard on anyone. So NICE to have this GREEN REFUGE to turn to from nastiness of real-life!

The upcoming time in politics is going to test the resolve of everyone here on the Our Beloved Ducks Forum, so please continue to be disciplined. Whatever political stuff that is written offends half the people here, good people who I love and care about, and with the hundreds of political sites--there is no need to do that here.

Stay strong, and let's continue to discuss, debate and love what really matters in this community...

Love this view_Screenshot from ESPN Video.jpg

(And trust me--if anyone violates the 'No Politics' rule--the post is removed immediately,

and I will drop-kick their butt over the goal posts.)

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

Participating in the B1G for the first time will take all my time and energy.

No need for politics.

No worries Mr Fishduck! 🫡

• Thanks 1

My job required that I didn’t express my opinions on certain subjects. Nice to have a place where you actually are required to be civil to one another. 

Good Job Fish!! 

• Thanks 1

I have found that when it comes to expressing an uninvited opinion about politics, Biden my time and deferring will always Trump opening my big fat mouth.

• Haha 5
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To paraphrase a classic definition, when you start talking politics, it often leads to, “ . . . looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.” Good enough reasons for me to steer clear.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure why anyone wants to discuss a ticks mating habits. 

• Haha 2

The Forum with Decorum

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't cross my mind that I don't have to worry about that. 

I'm not exactly itching to say something stupid, but it sure is nice around here!

Thanks a bunch!

• Thanks 1