FishDuck Article

Dan Lanning Has West Coasters Shook!

Dan Lanning, you absolute king. You must have noticed that Oregon is absolutely dominating on the recruiting trail right now. It is disgusting. Sad to see for the other West coast schools if we are being honest. But as an Oregon fan it is delicious. Lanning has never been a slouch as a recruiter. As a matter of fact, he has been ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Dan Lanning, you absolute king. You must have noticed that Oregon is absolutely dominating on the recruiting trail right now. It is disgusting. Sad...
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Great article today Ryan!  Love it.

Best line: "Sad to see for the other West coast schools if we are being honest. But as an Oregon fan it is delicious."

• Go Ducks! 1

Great article.  Hoping it continues.

The indicators for success are trending in the right direction.  Yes, Dan can recruit, but all indications are he can coach as well and has surrounded himself with good people.  Remember what Steve Jobs said 'it doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do.  Hire smart people so they can tell you what to do'.  I think Dan (unlike his predecessor whom I have never hidden my disdain for) does this and it's created a culture of accountability and success THUS FAR.

Yes, we all wish the UW games ended in a different manner last year BUT if Dan and his team learned from that then yes Oregon will be a big time player as long as DL is here.   His ability to recruit will only grow.  

• Go Ducks! 1

Quack.

Since 1993 I have watched this football program "build" itself into what we see today.  Over the years this program took every "legal and proper" way they could find to improve and become a "playa" in the college football landscape.  (Even a few avenues that were in the "gray" area, ie, Willie's recruiting service that got Chip dinged).

Point is unlike many other programs, especially from the southeast regions of our country, Oregon took every advantage they could find to raise their profile and brand recognition, properly.  NIL is nothing new to college football, it's just sanctioned and "legal" now to actually compensate players, so Oregon can now apply that advantage to the build they have been accomplishing for over a quarter century (damn I'm getting old).

Other fan bases are butthurt cause Oregon DID IT RIGHT, and not through shady backroom deals and money transfers via boosters, donors, relatives, and the like.

We have Uncle Phil because of what Oregon is and represents, but he is Not The Only One that makes up Division Street.  Our NIL is strong and seems to be managed as well as any other NIL program out there.  Just another example "legal and proper way"; and just another tool that Oregon seems to be using quite well in pursuit of the "Natty", which after all is the final validation of all of it.

The Oregon Program has and will continue to compete in all facets of the new NFL-lite; as it continues to raise its profile and standing that they have earned through long-term visions and goals, that again, we can see the results of in front of our own eyes.

Winning feels Great!  Winning with integrity, Euphoric!

Go Ducks Football!

🦆🏈🪨's

Edited by MicroBurst61
  • Go Ducks! 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Thanks, Ryan, but I am mindful of your caveat: Time will tell if Dan's recruiting will result in on-field championships. To date, Dan has not won a conference championship. 

The recruiting is en fuego, no doubt. The coaching except for needing to perhaps improve in-game decision making is there. 

Hopefully, Dan and friends will stay on this run through early signing day and translate the recruiting and portal success to a title on Oregon's maiden B1G voyage. 👍👍👍 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

CBS Sports ranks Danno as one of the B1G's best head coaches.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Ranking the Big Ten coaches ahead of the 2024 season as the conference welcomes four new members

"Sorry, Linc but I am not about to share the secrets to recruiting. Maybe you should ask Chip Kelly?"

• Go Ducks! 1

Reminds me of when Chip was running the hurry up offense and programs complained about how it should be illegal or they should make a rule against it. 

We now have Oregon making waves with their recruiting and NIL program.

If I remember correctly back when this much noise was made, we did pretty well, and the rest of college football played catch up.

This time let's put the program across the goal line and get that national title! Great article and ponder point Ryan!

images.jpeg

• Go Ducks! 2

Great article Ryan. It is fun to see the LA market so "Ryled" up!

Lanning may not have won a Natty yet, or even a conference championship, but he has only lost to 3 teams in two years and by less than 4 points each time

(well, all except UGA) for a total of 5 losses.

Our roster has never been so loaded with blue-chip studs, and they keep bringing in stud after stud. 

As an old Duck myself, this is amazing to see!

I believe Dan the Man will get us a Natty sooner, rather then later.

And then the USuC whiners will really get their panties twisted in knots!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 7/2/2024 at 9:53 AM, Haywarduck said:

Reminds me of when Chip was running the hurry up offense and programs complained about how it should be illegal or they should make a rule against it. 

We now have Oregon making waves with their recruiting and NIL program

Interesting thought....people seem to have a bigger problem with Oregon's success than other teams.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/2/2024 at 11:56 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Interesting thought....people seem to have a bigger problem with Oregon's success than other teams.

I think when a non-traditional power, like UO, start to have high-levels of success that many teams who see themselves as "blue bloods" take it as an affront to the sport. As if only teams that have always been good can be good now.

On 7/2/2024 at 10:10 AM, DanLduck said:

Great article Ryan. It is fun to see the LA market so "Ryled" up!

Lanning may not have won a Natty yet, or even a conference championship, but he has only lost to 3 teams in two years and by less than 4 points each time

(well, all except UGA) for a total of 5 losses.

Our roster has never been so loaded with blue-chip studs, and they keep bringing in stud after stud. 

As an old Duck myself, this is amazing to see!

I believe Dan the Man will get us a Natty sooner, rather then later.

And then the USuC whiners will really get their panties twisted in knots!

And on the day they win it all, the other schools will say we "bought" our success because their administration's failed to build their programs for the times we are living in.

No one seems to think tOSU is "buying" players, even though their NIL department is flourishing.

On 7/2/2024 at 9:53 AM, Haywarduck said:

We now have Oregon making waves with their recruiting and NIL program.

If I remember correctly back when this much noise was made, we did pretty well, and the rest of college football played catch up.

This time let's put the program across the goal line and get that national title! Great article and ponder point Ryan!

images.jpeg

I think it comes from the same place as the hurry-up complaints: jealousy.

Teams want their own school to be on the cutting edge, not us!

On 7/2/2024 at 6:08 AM, Smith72 said:

Great article today Ryan!  Love it.

Best line: "Sad to see for the other West coast schools if we are being honest. But as an Oregon fan it is delicious."

I've been a fan my entire life, and I have never felt this confident in a team. I used to hope beyond hope we could win it all, and we came close! But today I would be totally unsurprised if we lifted the trophy at the end.

And I'll be even more confident next year than I am this year, because the next set of guys looks fantastic as well!

Delicious is the only way I can describe it!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The up coming Oregon vs Them series will be better than anything on Netflix and probably with many more views.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2024 at 1:03 PM, Ryan Robertson said:

And on the day they win it all, the other schools will say we "bought" our success because their administration's failed to build their programs for the times we are living in.

No one seems to think tOSU is "buying" players, even though their NIL department is flourishing.

It’s just semi-transparent now…I’m pretty sure the “blue bloods” have been putting envelopes of cash under recruits pillows since, uh, always.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/2/2024 at 8:15 AM, MicroBurst61 said:

(Even a few avenues that were in the "gray" area, ie, Willie's recruiting service that got Chip dinged).

Sure it was questionable but the NCAA only punished the schools they knew would accept the punishments. Some SEC schools caught doing the same thing just shrugged it off and kept on keeping on.

Hence why the NCAA should be removed as a governing board for college athletics. They govern only to appease certain schools/conferences. 

• Thanks 1