Jon Joseph

Danno and Day's Recruiting is Shaking Up the Folks in Dixie

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The SEC’s vise grip on the nation's best recruits — including many in the league's footprint — is being challenged more than in years past.

Keep It Up Fellas!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

ESPN ($ Wall) has updated its top 40 2025 recruiting classes to date. 13 of the B1G's 18 teams are on the list including all 4 of the Pac newcomers.

Top 25 - 1. Ohio State/ 4 OREGON/ 9. Penn State/ 12. Michigan/ 15. Rutgers/ 16. UW/ 23. USC

Other B1GGIES - 26. Maryland/ 28. Wisconsin/ 32. Nebraska/ 34. UCLA (!) / 37. Minnesota/ 39. Indiana.

I do not have the data to confirm but I believe this may be the B1G's best recruiting effort to date since recruits were awarded stars.

Dan Lanning leading Ducks into 'the golden age of Oregon' football, 247Sports analyst says

According to Cooper Petagna, a 247Sports national recruiting analyst, Oregon is entering what will be the best run in program history, and Dan Lanning is leading the charge.

247SPORTS.COM

According to Cooper Petagna, a 247Sports national recruiting analyst, Oregon is entering what will be the best run in program...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Well look at this....Oregon is ALREADY helping the image of the B1G, and we have not played a game yet!

Oregon Poster2_Screenshot from ABC Sports Video.jpg

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

It sounds like the SEC hoped to build a wall around the State of Texas with the addition of the Longhorns.  Hasn’t happened as expected…

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/12/2024 at 12:57 PM, NJDuck said:

Dan Lanning leading Ducks into 'the golden age of Oregon' football, 247Sports analyst says

According to Cooper Petagna, a 247Sports national recruiting analyst, Oregon is entering what will be the best run in program history, and Dan Lanning is leading the charge.

247SPORTS.COM

According to Cooper Petagna, a 247Sports national recruiting analyst, Oregon is entering what will be the best run in program...

I'm not quite willing to say that Oregon's heading into a "golden age" of football...yet.  I will definitely say however that DL is leading OBD into a world of intriguing possibilities that we have not experienced before in the program's history.  That in itself is extremely exciting!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Dan Lanning's start at Oregon draws comparisons to Kirby Smart's at Georgia

On the most recent edition of the Autzen Audibles podcast, National Recruiting Analyst Cooper Petagna compares Dan Lanning's success to his colleague.

247SPORTS.COM

On the most recent edition of the Autzen Audibles podcast, National Recruiting Analyst Cooper Petagna compares Dan Lanning's success to his colleague.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Like 1

Let’s play ball!!!!

• Applause 1

Lanning might have the advantage in this comparison! Best facilities in all of college football and a university that will do whatever is necessary...Georgia gets the nod for better state legislature for...football...

They don't have a bunch of Beavis Homer's trying to justify Beavis existence...

On 7/12/2024 at 1:17 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Well look at this....Oregon is ALREADY helping the image of the B1G, and we have not played a game yet!

OBD are the reason why SUCs didn't want Oregon accepted in the B1G. Who's the biggest brand in the "PAC?"

Definitely NOT the other 9 that fled the sinking "PAC" ship! We got the man with the plan for the future...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bringing the SEC out west is a cute little phrase until it actually happens. Watch out cause here we come.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

To me, bringing the SEC out west would imply having a big, fast, physical team with a power defense. I haven't seen it yet, but Lanning is trying and we have to remember that he is only entering his third year as a head man. I expect to see real strides in that direction this year, although I still think there may be bumps in the road that several of us cannot foresee in the overexuberance of Talkin Season". 

I'm getting really tired of talking. Can't wait for Fall camp to start and getting ready to back the talk (or not) between the darn lines!

• Thumbs Up 4

Now imagine if FSU comes into the fold!!! The SEC doesn't need FSU, Clemson, or Virginia. But they also don't need the Big Ten butting into their territory.

On 7/12/2024 at 1:34 PM, OregonDucks said:

It sounds like the SEC hoped to build a wall around the State of Texas with the addition of the Longhorns.  Hasn’t happened as expected…

Ducks have been deep in Texas recruiting for many years now, really strong pipelines

• Thumbs Up 2

Duckley, I continue to believe that FSU will not receive an invite to join the B1G before it is awarded AAU member status, something the FSU administration is working to obtain.

Without an AAU membership, UNC is a more attractive candidate than FSU. Notre Dame already plays Men's and Women's Lacrosse and Men's ice Hockey (the Women's Ice Hockey team is a club team.) John Hopkins is also a member of B1G Men's Lacrosse.

Notre Dame won the Men's 2023-24 Lacrosse title with a win over Boston College. 

On 7/13/2024 at 4:24 AM, Duckley Palace said:

Now imagine if FSU comes into the fold!!! The SEC doesn't need FSU, Clemson, or Virginia. But they also don't need the Big Ten butting into their territory.

FSU and Clemson feel more like SEC teams to me both geographically and culturally. 

Notre Dame and North Carolina would be better fits in the B1G, IMHO. However, if the B1G wants to continue to compete with the SEC they should be looking to add the best programs possible.  

Miami to the Big 12?

Edited by OregonDucks

On 7/14/2024 at 11:52 AM, OregonDucks said:

FSU and Clemson feel more like SEC teams to me both geographically and culturally. 

Notre Dame and North Carolina would be better fits in the B1G, IMHO. However, if the B1G wants to continue to compete with the SEC they should be looking to add the best programs possible.  

Miami to the Big 12?

I agree, but USC and Oregon to the Big Ten has taken a while to get used to. The Big Ten has a presence near North Carolina already. It's clear they want to be National. FSU and Clemson should be SEC programs, Florida and South Carolina disagree about that.

But the question going forward is what does the SEC want? Will they block out the Big Ten? The SEC doesn't want the Big Ten in Florida. That would put Big Ten flags in California, New York(Jersey but the same, look at Giants and Jets stadium), and Florida. What's to stop them from completing it with a school in Texas?

FSU and Clemson will be getting out of the ACC soon. I think FSU has been aggressive because they've had unofficial talks with another league. These talks occurred around the same time the Big Ten was in talks with Oregon and Washington.

Multiple reports have talked about how the SEC isn't interested in adding FSU at this time. FSU had turned them down three times in the past, and Florida is a founding member of that league . Florida doesn't want FSU to get a lifeline to a league they inhabit.

Pittsburgh, Louisville, Miami, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, and Syracuse May look at the Big Twelve if the ACC starts to lose their biggest brands. Is that a P4 league?

Then you may have the ACC swipe USF, Memphis, Oregon State, San Diego State, Fresno State, Nevada and Washington State. Is that a P4 league?

I think it's safe to say that whatever happens, Oregon is set to be in pole position. That's gotta be pretty comforting, especially compared to this time last year when we were waiting to hear about a media deal that was going to save the PAC.

• Thumbs Up 2