peterfish55

How to Watch the Ducks on Xfinity?

OK, so looking for information here. I am currently with Xfinity for my cable service, so my question here is now that the Pac 12 network has been silenced, how are we Duck fans going to be able to watch the Ducks play in the "new" conference? Is Xfinity going to let us watch the Big 10 network without having to "upgrade our subscription"? Or are we going to have to pay up to receive the new conference that they have joined along with 1/3 of the "old" conference?

I added BTN Big Ten Network for $10/mo + tax on Xfinity using their app. If you already have app set up, it takes less than 5 minutes to get access.

Not free, but convenient.

You can find the channel number with this tool

BTN.COM

To find specific football games on your TV systems, use GameFinder. Are you a resident of Canada? If so, please use this form below.  

In order to do all the things I want for pictures, digital copies, etc. for articles and analyses....I use Xfinity and pay through the nose.

You will need to get the...

--Ultimate TV package

--The "More Sports and Entertainment Package

--Peacock Streaming  (For the Boise State game, and assume it might be needed later)

The stations needed that are covered by those above are..

--The B1G Network

--CBS

--NBC

--NBC-Peacock

--Fox

--Fox Sports 1

--Fox Sports 2

I will not quote the price here, as I'm ashamed I am paying so much, and you can find out on your own.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

For me

B1G network is included with YouTubeTV

Peacock is included with my Xfinity ISP

Think I’m set…cost me way less than last year.

I don't know what Xfinity package I have, but B1G is included.

Have you looked for it to see if you have it? That's how I found out. 🙂

Edited by Annie

On 7/18/2024 at 8:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

In order to do all the things I want for pictures, digital copies, etc. for articles and analyses....I use Xfinity and pay through the nose.

You will need to get the...

--Ultimate TV package

--The "More Sports and Entertainment Package

--Peacock Streaming  (For the Boise State game, and assume it might be needed later)

The stations needed that are covered by those above are..

--The B1G Network

--CBS

--NBC

--NBC-Peacock

--Fox

--Fox Sports 1

--Fox Sports 2

I will not quote the price here, as I'm ashamed I am paying so much, and you can find out on your own.

giphy.gif

I too feel your pain Charles. I also have Xfinity and all those channels. I pay waaayyyy too much.

🤷‍♂️ what's a Duck fan to do?

On 7/19/2024 at 7:53 PM, DanLduck said:

I too feel your pain Charles. I also have Xfinity and all those channels. I pay waaayyyy too much.

DanL, I suggest you Duck.

I believe that 'things' will become more expensive. ESPN and Fox did not join Warner to form the streaming platform Venu for grins. 

• Oh no! 1

On 7/19/2024 at 4:53 PM, DanLduck said:

I pay waaayyyy too much.

For me, I spin it in my mind as that it is the part of the total entertainment cost of being the intense Duck fan that I am.  Now Peacock does have a number of specials and shows you might enjoy if you missed them on TV, or were not available to you before which helps to sweeten the value to you.

By contrast...isn't this forum the best value for any Duck fan out there?  Is there anything comparable for all the information, the great discussion, and the occasional laugh?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

I have not had cable in years.  I was using Sling and an HD antenna for Duck games. I think I am going to make the switch to YouTube TV this year.  We will see how it goes. 

• Applause 1

On 7/21/2024 at 8:57 AM, GeotechDuck said:

I have not had cable in years.  I was using Sling and an HD antenna for Duck games. I think I am going to make the switch to YouTube TV this year.  We will see how it goes. 

Not to derail, but I made a similar switch about 5 years ago. Went from traditional Dish to YouTubeTV, but had to add Sling Orange for 5 months per year to get P12 network…which btw was still significantly less than having Dish for 12 months.

Sling and YouTube are very similar conceptually, but I find the tech and interface with YouTube to be a significant upgrade. The beauty of this is there is no commitment or service call needed. You could switch every month if you wanted with zero human interaction 😆 

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/21/2024 at 10:27 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

Not to derail, but I made a similar switch about 5 years ago. Went from traditional Dish to YouTubeTV, but had to add Sling Orange for 5 months per year to get P12 network…which btw was still significantly less than having Dish for 12 months.

Sling and YouTube are very similar conceptually, but I find the tech and interface with YouTube to be a significant upgrade. The beauty of this is there is no commitment or service call needed. You could switch every month if you wanted with zero human interaction 😆 

Yeah.  I love that about streaming.  I shut off my Sling account after college basketball is over because I generally don’t have time to watch TV in the summers.  

Someone said that you can run a 4-game split screen on YouTube TV.  That will be cool. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I've had satellite, cable, and streaming through the years. With the NFL recently being sued due to their NFL Sunday Ticket, and issues with Red zone in the past. I can can say selective streaming is my choice going forward.

I've had the Sling Blue package which is around 25 bucks. It includes the B1G network.

I currently have Peacock for 5.99 month. Maybe it's gone up to 7.99, I'll have to check my billing. I also have the Hulu package for fifteen bucks, it includes ESPN and Disney Plus. For about fifteen bucks a month I get everything I need.

During college football season I'll change my plan to include Live TV through Hulu. That bumps up the monthly quite a bit, but it's only for a few months and I get every game I want for the only sport I care to watch from start to finish(CFB). With the move to the B1G, and upcoming playoff. This season proves to be noteworthy. Plus I get unlimited recording, so if I'm busy for say Oregon at Michigan, Oregon hosting Ohio State, or Oregon blasting Washington. I get to watch those games on my time.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/21/2024 at 4:10 PM, Duckley Palace said:

During college football season I'll change my plan to include Live TV through Hulu. That bumps up the monthly quite a bit, but it's only for a few months and I get every game I want for the only sport I care to watch from start to finish(CFB). With the move to the B1G, and upcoming playoff. This season proves to be noteworthy. Plus I get unlimited recording, so if I'm busy for say Oregon at Michigan, Oregon hosting Ohio State, or Oregon blasting Washington. I get to watch those games on my time.

• DP, How do you get unlimited recording?

On 7/21/2024 at 7:45 PM, Jon Sousa said:

Unlimited recording with YouTube as well, lot of options out there now I'd encourage people to investigate!

On 7/21/2024 at 7:45 PM, Jon Sousa said:

It's on the live TV tier.