kirklandduck

Something Funny to Ponder: Prime at USC?

247SPORTS.COM

Finebaum explains why Coach Prime in Los Angeles would be a home run.

As a Duck fan I’d love for this to happen. It sounds like a couple people joking over beers and saying, “Come on, it’ll be funny…” 🤣

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

I have to agree but for some slightly different reasons. 

FISHDUCK.COM

It has been absolutely delightful as Duck fans to watch USC’s problems, not only this year but over more than...

Just change out this article being about Riley for Sanders. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I'm not sure that Deon has this D1 coaching thing down yet...

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

I’m laughing, sorry. 

Prime might be the perfect guy for the LA area. 

Fits in nice with the egos in that town. And wow think of the top grade trash talkers that we might see.

A match made in heaven.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You think he can part with the white cowboy hat?

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2024 at 6:30 PM, Washington Waddler said:

You think he can part with the white cowboy hat?

For LA.... Absolutely. 

Or he might just keep it... That's a viable option for him too. 

I mean you have to give it to him ... He doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Love him or hate him, he doesn't care. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Posted (edited)

Paul Finebaum is doing all he can to get Riley fired. What's his beef with Riley? Does he want SC to defeat LSU in the opener? Does he send bales of hay to Traveler? Does he walk around humming 'Figth On?'

Would Deion be able to recruit high school kids to SC? He isn't doing the job in Boulder.

The young lady's swing above hits too close to home and below the belt. 😒

Entertaining post, thanks. But another article that proves CFB has a loooooonnnngggg off-season.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1

On 7/22/2024 at 11:48 PM, David Marsh said:

He doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. Love him or hate him, he doesn't care. 

Hmmm . . . could be, however, people who are as consumed by personal image as he appears to be often project that kind of public image in order to mask the less secure parts of themselves.

While he’s been the pet of national ‘personality’ media interest, he’s yet to be tested under the harsh light of a big time media market that won’t care what he wears if he fails to produce.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 8:54 AM, Washington Waddler said:

Hmmm . . . could be, however, people who are as consumed by personal image as he appears to be often project that kind of public image in order to mask the less secure parts of themselves.

While he’s been the pet of national ‘personality’ media interest, he’s yet to be tested under the harsh light of a big time media market that won’t care what he wears if he fails to produce.

Good points on where the bar is set, anything north of 2 wins was acceptable in year 1 at CU. It will be interesting to see what happens after year 2 if he goes 4-8 in the B12.

CU soaked it all up last year, but even they will lose patience at a certain point. Loses his QB after this year and the recruiting is pretty much at garbage level in 2025. Not sure how many times you can portal in 37 3 stars and be any good.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain

All great ideas for sc and they will undoubtedly hire another real whiner once the shine comes of the turd Riley truly is.

As for Sanders he is destined to be the next Cleveland Browns head coach. Although Stefanski is a great coach he will leave soon for a better franchise. I mean NFL Coach of the Year, and Cleveland Browns Franchise just doesn't go together for very long.

Sanders will join the long line of failed coaches in Cleveland. Everyone knows Sanders next stop is the NFL. He said he was staying at Jackson State, now love's his cowboy hat and Colorado, but he hasn't quite reached his pinnacle of incompetence quite yet, the NFL calls soon.

In the end Sanders will end up as an NFL announcer once again. He can talk all he wants, and never have to worry about whether he is right, wrong, or be held accountable.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you're interested in this topic it's worth a watch.

Personally... Based on my article link above I think it would be a good fit. But I don't think USC wins anymore games. 

On 7/23/2024 at 1:30 PM, Haywarduck said:

All great ideas for sc and they will undoubtedly hire another real whiner once the shine comes of the turd Riley truly is.

As for Sanders he is destined to be the next Cleveland Browns head coach. Although Stefanski is a great coach he will leave soon for a better franchise. I mean NFL Coach of the Year, and Cleveland Browns Franchise just doesn't go together for very long.

Sanders will join the long line of failed coaches in Cleveland. Everyone knows Sanders next stop is the NFL. He said he was staying at Jackson State, now love's his cowboy hat and Colorado, but he hasn't quite reached his pinnacle of incompetence quite yet, the NFL calls soon.

In the end Sanders will end up as an NFL announcer once again. He can talk all he wants, and never have to worry about whether he is right, wrong, or be held accountable.

At least the river is no longer burning. 😁

Hmmmm.   Seems like exactly something USC would do.   Get rid of a coach that is struggling to recruit and plug holes in his porous offense and defensive lines……and replace him with a coach that is struggling to recruit and plug holes in his porous offense and defensive lines……for more money.  
🤣

USC has some of the some problems that they had under Helton with a better offense (and Caleb Williams) masking some of those gaps.  

At one point USC had 21 highly ranked DBs on their roster but somehow couldn’t find a few 3* lineman that were capable enough to stop teams from running at a clip of 7 yards per carry. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Boyz from Troy say, 'Not So Fast!'

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A lot of people need a reality check on Deion Sanders.

Trojans Wire = Comedy Central. 😁

One thing you can count on in college football? The LA to Athens connection. 

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Georgia flips another USC commit.

And SC follows suit by flipping a Georgia commit the very next day (or two) later. The Georgia player flipping saw the stacked DB room at Georgia and had been seeking other pastures since late Spring. As the SC flip was also a DB, this comes across pretty much as a trade with Georgia getting the player more willing to come in and compete for a job--Kirby's kind of guy.

As for the theme of this post, I would take a move by SC to hand the reins over to Prime as an indication that the Trojans were in the early phases of de-emphasizing football. How could a once proud program be so cavalier?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/31/2024 at 8:36 AM, Jon Joseph said:

One thing you can count on in college football? The LA to Athens connection. 

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Georgia flips another USC commit.

This was on the same page you linked..

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It will be fascinating to see what USC can do with this new transfer.

I'm not trying to poo-poo division 3 athletes... Nor am I trying to say there isn't some talent at the Division 3 level.

But are the Trojans that desperate that they need help from the Division 3 level? This feels more like an Oregon State move than what should be a USC move.

This player may turn out to be a huge diamond in the rough... but that would be super surprising to everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1