Charles Fischer

Holy Crap! TROJANS Sold on Dan Lanning?

This was posted in another thread, but it illustrates how our opponents are beginning to realize what we now know about Dan Lanning...

"..the instructive part of watching Dan Lanning at Big Ten media days is that he acted like the big dog, the alpha male, the skullcrusher who insists on excellence and dominance."

Whew!  I'm an Oregon fan who would be reluctant to write such masculine stuff about my own coach!

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dan Lanning showed why he’s a recruiting juggernaut.

"Lanning underscores the point that if Oregon was still coached by Willie Taggart or Mark Helfrich, it would not be recruiting or portaling at such an elite level."

• Salute 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Might this be a little "cover" for Lincoln Riley and his recruiting?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Seems as though there is a bit of buyer's remorse down in La-La Land. The sugar high of landing Riley and gloating over that 'victory' to Oregon fans has long worn off. 

The recent shellacking of Riley by E(SEC)PN shill Paul Finebaum can't be helping either. 

Who knew?

An honest opinion from a media source.

Quite unusual for this day and age.

Well, it's almost here, let's get it on!

Sco Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 8:49 AM, Charles Fischer said:

"..the instructive part of watching Dan Lanning at Big Ten media days is that he acted like the big dog, the alpha male, the skullcrusher who insists on excellence and dominance."

Whew!  I'm an Oregon fan who would be reluctant to write such masculine stuff about my own coach!

Yeah.... I wouldn't use any of those words to describe Lanning. Those feel like older terms you want in coach from like the 80s maybe. 

I wouldn't even use those words to describe Pete Carroll. 

For Lanning I'd describe him as... Confident, charismatic, humble, incredibly smart, ever learning, and self assured. 

I'd say he insists on excellence. I'd say he wants to dominate every aspect of the game but he does not strike me as someone who needs to be the dominant individual in the room, far from it. 

He's a leader and he builds relationships so others follow him. He is rooted in substance. 

And any Duck fan who saw Ducks vs Them for the Colorado game would run through a wall for that man. Not because he's an alpha male or dominant but because we believe in him which is far more powerful. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 6
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Just another SC fan still trapped in their fantasy, but now projecting its cluelessness on a guy who lives and works in a world way past those dead and gone images of past Trojan glory. 

Dan wasn’t “acting like”. He wasn’t woofing. That’s the province of Southern California and Hollywood. He was just explaining what he and his team are in the process of doing.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 7/26/2024 at 10:49 AM, Charles Fischer said:

This was posted in another thread, but it illustrates how our opponents are beginning to realize what we now know about Dan Lanning...

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dan Lanning showed why he’s a recruiting juggernaut.

"Lanning underscores the point that if Oregon was still coached by Willie Taggart or Mark Helfrich, it would not be recruiting or portaling at such an elite level."

Well, that proves it. H3ll is freezing over…

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

Matt Zemek has been covering CFB for decades. Matt for years was Pete Fiutak's No. 2 guy at College Football News. 

I have always found Matt to be objective regarding his takes. Matt's Dad graduated from SC. Matt was raised in Seattle and graduated from Seattle University. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 1:30 PM, David Marsh said:

Yeah.... I wouldn't use any of those words to describe Lanning. Those feel like older terms you want in coach from like the 80s maybe. 

I wouldn't even use those words to describe Pete Carroll. 

For Lanning I'd describe him as... Confident, charismatic, humble, incredibly smart, ever learning, and self assured. 

I'd say he insists on excellence. I'd say he wants to dominate every aspect of the game but he does not strike me as someone who needs to be the dominant individual in the room, far from it. 

He's a leader and he builds relationships so others follow him. He is rooted in substance. 

And any Duck fan who saw Ducks vs Them for the Colorado game would run through a wall for that man. Not because he's an alpha male or dominant but because we believe in him which is far more powerful. 

Absolutely, the man is like Kirby Smart!!!   Don’t get me wrong, Dan is leading things his own way, but there are similarities.  It’s very exciting!!!  Lanning inspires confidence,  as @David Marsh has stated!!!  I’m ridiculously excited to see what’s next!!!

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not much into winning the press conference, but look at every great coach (outside of Jim Harbaugh). Just about every guy that is championship material carries the room. He carries the control in the room either by his demeanor or words.

If you can't handle the media, it's a sign of how you speak to a large group of guys imo. Today words like alpha are seen as offensive for some reason. But football is about imposing your will on the guy across you. No participation trophies in big boy football.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The "alpha" is the leader.

In today's world that word has been abused to suggest negativety or abuse.

Coach Lanning is a natural leader. He has vision. He has passion. But most of all he truly cares about people and their success. 

Listen to things his college roommates say about him. He was liked by all. The life of the party. The leader of the pack.

Hey, He volunteered to be in charge of future grad reunions.

Coach Lanning is the personification of charismatic. 

Now, when his in-game management experience catches up to him...wow!

Oregon's future is in amazing hands.

• Great post! 2