kirklandduck

Da’Saahn Brame Flips to Tennessee

This one hurts since we have a significant need at TE.

WWW.SI.COM

EUGENE- In a significant blow to the Oregon Ducks' recruiting...

This doesn't mean Lanning and constip recruiting. 

They're probably still working on Lincoln Cure as well. 

It hurts... But it isn't over until they sign and even then it's not necessarily over. 

Yep.  Welcome to the World of Big-Boy football.  Note that Oregon has missed on TEs who were not low-rated 3-Stars, but on some of the best in the nation.  Three observations...

--It is a long way to December...Dano has plenty of time to pivot or flip back, and he will get his.

--Oregon has done well in the portal before, and there might be some solutions there as a Band-Aid.

--I forgot to mention in my previous analysis articles about the Spring Game that a Walk-on Tight End Freshman, No. 85 who was very impressive to me.  He made a tough catch over the middle, but I did not notice that until I was watching the game a second time, and keeping my eye out for him. 

In my first game view, he was OUTSTANDING at blocking both at the LOS, but also sealing the perimeter from a stance as an H-Back.

I was just telling a Duck-Buddy on the phone to watch out for this guy...

GODUCKS.COM

Travis Brashear (85) Tight End - As A Freshman (2023) Did not see the field for the Ducks, utilizing a redshirt.

He doesn't appear to be small either! (We've had walk-ons break into starting when they got their shot...)

Photos from Oregon's ninth day of spring football practice

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Word is that his girlfriend is going to UT on a soccer scholarship and he did not want to be so far away from her.  He supp went supposedly asked others on the team at UO how they manage this sort of thing and all told him it can be done.   Apparently he was not convinced. 

Late Kick's Josh Pate took notice of this, saying, "Tennessee gets more dangerous by the day."

Pate didn't leave to that, though. He took to his show to explain what exactly makes the Vols so dangerous.

"Tennessee's the program to keep an eye on," Pate said. "If you want to know which program that's not currently at the head table of college football will probably be the next one, given their current trajectory to join the head table of college football, it's Tennessee."

Pate went on to compliment the strategy of head coach Josh Heupel and his staff, noting their efforts in recruiting, evaluating, and offering prospects early to get a head start over other schools, and of course, NIL.

"Real recruiting in the NIL era is several layers deep," Pate said. "It is not just, 'I can get you this much money over this many years.' There is an entire plan that has to be laid out. ... Tennessee is one of the sneakiest NIL operations in college football right now. It's not just because they have money they can spend, it's because they understand it's not just the A part but B, C, D, E, F, G (multi-year) part as well."

Spyre Sports is the primary Vols collective. They were named by On3 as the "No. 1 most ambitious collective." They have known deals with well-known Tennessee athletes through The Volunteer Club, including this year's highly-touted starting quarterback, Nico Iamaleava, who was rumored to have signed an $8 million deal over three years.

But I've been reliably informed by national media and other prominent head coaches that Oregon is only recruiting well because of NIL money, and that they have "infinite" money.

If that's the case, then they should win every recruiting battle for "infinity", right?

Also, an OBD poster made a comment I liked: "Let's stop using the word 'commitment' for all these early verbal promises."

What word / phrase should we use instead?

I like the following:

- 4 Star WR out of California "conditionally" commits to Oregon.

- Amazing get for Dan Lanning!! The Ducks "secure" the "provisional" commitment from Blue-chip, 5-Star defensive lineman from Louisiana.

We use the word "verbal" because that is what it is.  Most verbals stick with Oregon, but when you are dealing with the very best at each position?  We will have more of these flips, just as we flip players from other schools.

Every year, EVERY YEAR we have people who over-react to recruiting misses...as if they had never seen the process take place before?

If this was Helfrich recruiting, then yeah...I'd sweat losing a top recruit.  But Lanning will get his, and Oregon will be FINE. It is one thing to say that, "Charles, you have your head in the clouds as a delusional Oregon fan...who is just a cheerleader."

When I got skewered years ago because of my honest assessment of the Cristobal offense two years before anyone else--it was my honest opinion, just as my faith in Lanning is now.  Besides...Lanning has proved it already with what has been done with both HS and Portal recruiting.

The BIG FISH says...

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/29/2024 at 11:31 AM, Charles Fischer said:

We use the word "verbal" because that is what it is.  Most verbals stick with Oregon, but when you are dealing with the very best at each position?  We will have more of these flips, just as we flip players from other schools.

Every year, EVERY YEAR we have people who over-react to recruiting misses...as if they had never seen the process take place before?

If this was Helfrich recruiting, then yeah...I'd sweat losing a top recruit.  But Lanning will get his, and Oregon will be FINE. It is one thing to say that, "Charles, you have your head in the clouds as a delusional Oregon fan...who is just a cheerleader."

When I got skewered years ago because of my honest assessment of the Cristobal offense two years before anyone else--it was my honest opinion, just as my faith in Lanning is now.  Besides...Lanning has proved it already with what has been done with both HS and Portal recruiting.

The BIG FISH says...

giphy.gif

I totally agree with you! I’m not in the overreaction camp on this.

I simply find humor in the flip floppers’ “commitment”.

On 7/29/2024 at 11:09 AM, cartm25 said:

I totally agree with you! I’m not in the overreaction camp on this.

I simply find humor in the flip floppers’ “commitment”.

I wasn't specific to you...just the "surprise" that some fans have with the recruiting process.  Happens every year....

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/29/2024 at 1:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Totally agree with you Charles.  Dan Lanning and coaches are great recruiters.  2025 recruiting haul is not yet over.  Plus, again there is the transfer portal which Dan Lanning excels in both categories.  He will get what he needs.  It's the end results that counts.

More Recruiting Flips Coming For (And In Favor Of) Oregon Ducks Football?

The Oregon Ducks Football team lost a four-star tight end recruit as Da'Saahn Brame recently flipped from Oregon to Tennessee. While disappointing, Oregon is not deterred when this happens. Coach Lanning is an elite recruiter and won't allow a setback to change his approach.

WWW.SI.COM

Oregon Ducks football coach Dan Lanning continues to attract top-level recruits and the class of 2025 is no different. Unfortunately...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I care about this season right now. forget those flips.  We can find a TE.  Im more concerned about keeping Kenyon Saadiq

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Before the December signing date, 'Commitment' is an oxymoron.

Lose some, Win some. Whole lot of flippin' going on before the first signing date and Danno and friends will be doing some of the flipping in the direction of Eugene.

WWW.SI.COM

Oregon Ducks football coach Dan Lanning continues to attract top-level recruits and the class of 2025 is no different. Unfortunately, the process of getting com

Some of those big fish are going to flip...

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/29/2024 at 1:19 PM, cartm25 said:

But I've been reliably informed by national media and other prominent head coaches that Oregon is only recruiting well because of NIL money, and that they have "infinite" money.

If that's the case, then they should win every recruiting battle for "infinity", right?

Also, an OBD poster made a comment I liked: "Let's stop using the word 'commitment' for all these early verbal promises."

What word / phrase should we use instead?

I like the following:

- 4 Star WR out of California "conditionally" commits to Oregon.

- Amazing get for Dan Lanning!! The Ducks "secure" the "provisional" commitment from Blue-chip, 5-Star defensive lineman from Louisiana.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious from the amount of flipping going on, commitment doesn't mean commitment anymore.

• Thumbs Up 1

Committed?  How about “strongly interested “ or “leaning toward”. 

Which decision was wrong, Oregon or flipping?  Only time will tell.

WWW.SI.COM

EUGENE- In a significant blow to the Oregon Ducks' recruiting class, four-star tight end Da’Saahn Brame has flipped his commitment from the Ducks to the Tenness

Leverage. Possible to probable that SOME players winnow the choice down to more than one. The player would be happy at any of them. He verbals to one. Do the other teams in the chase push more chips on the pile?

of course this is all a hypothetical.