OregonDucks

Bo Nix Has Looked Really Good - Likely to be Named Starter for the Denver Broncos

Although it’s only preseason (and the Packers didn’t play their starters), Bo Nix has looked very comfortable in his two pre-season games and is likely to be named the starting QB for the Denver Broncos. He is gong through his progressions and looking the safety off, like a veteran QB. Hopefully the young QBs take note that it pays to be patient and get the experience in college playing the position.

Bo finished the night 8-9 for 80 yards and a TD (note: he had another passing TD called back).

What if Nix has the most successful NFL career of all of the QBs drafted last year? It’s certainly possible with his skill set and playing for Coach Sean Peyton. 

WWW.YAHOO.COM

The Broncos had to be thrilled with what they saw from Bo Nix.

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Even though Payton keeps denying he is not ready to name a starter.😉

Nix looks comfortable in Denver’s offense. He gets the ball out quick and has made solid decisions within their passing game. Not a fan of Denver, but will always check out highlights because of Nix. 

Bo looks just like he did at Oregon and the announcers were absolutely gushing over him.

I'm really proud of the UO QBs in the league.

Honestly, can you think of any more talent and wholesome people in the NFL than Nix, Herbert, and Mariota?

Such wonderful people and ambassadors for our program.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/19/2024 at 12:16 PM, Solar said:

Absolutely, Men of Oregon!  Right?!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/19/2024 at 2:16 PM, Solar said:

I'm really proud of the UO QBs in the league.

Honestly, can you think of any more talent and wholesome people in the NFL than Nix, Herbert, and Mariota?

I read an article that Marcus has looked better than expected and may be named the starter for week 1. He’ll have to play really good to keep the job though.  

• Thumbs Up 3

Did Troy Franklin play? Didn't see any stats in the box score

• Go Ducks! 1

I’m very excited for Bo!  I’ve watched him this Preseason and he looks good!  I’m not surprised that he looks good, but I’m a bit surprised he looks so good so early.  I hope he keeps it up. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

As expected, all credit for Bo’s amazing production is being ascribed to Bronco coaching by NFL and Denver media pundits. 

It’s like Stein said in his post practice interview, Bo learned how to get the ball to his playmakers fast: TDs over moonshots. As he said, hard lesson for QBs to accept, but Bo did, and the Broncos are now reaping the rewards of that development. 

Edited by Washington Waddler
word choice
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
WWW.SI.COM

Former Oregon Duck quarterback Bo Nix is off to a hot start to his NFL rookie campaign. In his first...

Nix is catching the attention of legendary NFL coach Bill Belichick, who says Nix and Denver Broncos coach Sean Payton are a perfect fit.”

“Sean's offense is a very fast offense," Belichick said. "They don't go no huddle, but they substitute fast. They call the play. They get up the line of scrimmage. And once the snap everything's moving fast as fast as anybody in the league so there's a lot of mental processing and decision making that has to take place in a hurry." 

Though Coach Belichick cautioned that NFL teams run very vanilla defense in the pre-season.  

Edited by OregonDucks

Somebody likely already mentioned this, but apparently it's looking like Mariota might earn the starting job as well. 

Which made me wonder, if that is the case, when was the last time in the NFL that one university had 3 QBs that all started on the same weekend? Has it ever happened? 

Nix Named Starter for Broncos

WWW.ESPN.COM

Rookie Bo Nix was named the Broncos' starting quarterback Wednesday.

Edited by CountryProf
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

The play that helped make Bo Denver's pick.

WWW.USATODAY.COM

Late in the first quarter of Oregon's blowout win over California last November, quarterback Bo Nix evaded a pass rusher on third...

Elway's take

WWW.USATODAY.COM

Denver Broncos coach Sean Payton named rookie Bo Nix the team's starting quarterback after Wednesday's practice session...

So happy for Bo!  As John Elway said there is a big jump from pre-season to the regular season and all young quarterbacks go through their ups and downs (even John Elway and Peyton Manning).  Sean Peyton is a great quarterback coach so it'll be fun to watch.

I'm sure that Bo will get a warm reception in Seattle for his first NFL regular season start.

Way to go Bo!  Congrats.  Now Ball The Hell Out!

GO Ducks Alum.

• Applause 1