30Duck

While We Wait for the Oregon Game...

There aren't a lot of other very interesting games. It's going to be hard for ESPN to find 10-12 games to pick.

Texas at Michigan

Colorado at Nebraska

If only ESPN would have picked up our game.

I've decided I'm not going to sign up for Peacock. I don't like being blackmailed into buying things I don't want. I refuse to encourage bad behavior by business.

I'll just have to follow the game some other way.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, Solar said:

I've decided I'm not going to sign up for Peacock. I don't like being blackmailed into buying things I don't want. I refuse to encourage bad behavior by business.

I'm on the fence about subscribing to Peacock.  I don't know how many Oregon games will actually go onto that service other than BSU.  If it's only a couple lower tier ones it may not be worth it.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2024 at 11:25 AM, Solar said:

The current B1G media rights are with Fox, CBS and NBC (which owns Peacock). ESPN and ABC (also owned by Disney) will not have any B1G games unless they are big enough to be cross conference games. 

On the flip side Disney owns SEC media rights so there won't be any SEC games on Fox. Disney also holds onto the ACC's media rights, though some games from the ACC network will run on the CW, however, Notre Dame is independent and their media rights are held by NBC. 

The Big 12 is the only P4 conference that bridges the two overlords of college football as their media rights are shared by both Fox and EPSN. 

We have seen a consolidation of college football into really two camps: Fox and ESPN. 

FISHDUCK.COM

This will come as no surprise to any of you, but the NCAA is dead. It ceded away its power to the major conferences through its...

With all this power these two media companies have they killed the Pac-12, whether you are happy about that or not that is what happened. 

FISHDUCK.COM

FOX and Disney/ESPN control virtually all of college sports. The Pac-12 has failed to make a deal with either of these. As a result…

And behind the scenes are absolutely stirring the pot to kill the ACC. 

FISHDUCK.COM

Last year I wrote an article about the Coming College Football Schism where there will be two conferences that are composed...

I hate to say it... but the problem as to where to get college football games in the coming seasons is probably going to get worse... not better. 

• Salute 1

Thanks, 30. You might want to look at the Biggest B1G Games I posted on the B1G predictions thread.

Great take, David Marsh. But don't ignore ESPN and FOX joining with Warner to form the VENU streaming service. 

I think both current competitors see CFB broadcasts moving predominately to streaming.

• Yikes! 1

On 9/6/2024 at 11:45 AM, Jon Joseph said:

But don't ignore ESPN and FOX joining with Warner to form the VENU streaming service.

A court blocked that from happening for the time being for anti-trust purposes. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/6/2024 at 2:50 PM, David Marsh said:

A court blocked that from happening for the time being for anti-trust purposes. 

Spot on David and not surprising but there is competition from NBC's Peacock now and I expect more streaming services will come online. I imagine FOX, ESPN, and Warner were not surprised by this ruling early in the game. 

What a convoluted mess it has become to watch college football. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/6/2024 at 12:25 PM, Solar said:

I'm with you @Solar!!

I wouldn't even sign up and cancel. They don't deserve even my junk email address, LOL

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 9/6/2024 at 12:28 PM, kirklandduck said:

I'm on the fence about subscribing to Peacock.  I don't know how many Oregon games will actually go onto that service other than BSU.  If it's only a couple lower tier ones it may not be worth it.

Join the "don't subscribe to Peacock" movement with us!!

I'm not sure how many Oregon games will be on Peacock in future, but I can assure you that the number will only go up the more we all sign up for one-off games.

This post is not to disparage anyone who does sign up.

But, I think we hold more power than we realize. If fans, in unison, decided to skip the one--or few--game on Peacock, they'd get the message. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/6/2024 at 12:57 PM, cartm25 said:

Join the "don't subscribe to Peacock" movement with us!!

I was on the fence, but now I have tickets to tomorrow's game so no Peacock for me!

Also, I spent last Saturday afternoon setting up YouTube TV so I can now tell Comcrap good riddance!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I listened to Jerry & Jorgy on the radio, and it sounded like a great game!

• Applause 1

What is ironic is that I get Peacock as an add on to my Xfinity level, so I get the game regardless of the pissing matches going on.

Just dropped my free for a week Fubo that I used last week.

I signed up for Peacock and just spotted that Colorado at Nebraska is also streaming on Peacock.

On 9/6/2024 at 2:32 PM, Autzen Magic said:

I was on the fence, but now I have tickets to tomorrow's game so no Peacock for me!

Also, I spent last Saturday afternoon setting up YouTube TV so I can now tell Comcrap good riddance!

Well done on all fronts: tickets AND eliminating Comcrap from your life!

All I can say is FREEDOM!!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't look at Peacock as a football only option for Oregon.  Basketball season is around the corner.

I'm not a conference hound like a lot of SEC fans, but I do like checking out future conference opponents which will also be on Peacock.

Do not overlook the Cy-Hawk game. 21 Iowa vs. 29 Iowa State. This is a P4 vs P4 game and Iowa needs the win to stay in the Playoff hunt. Iowa plays at Ohio State the Saturday before the Bucks play the Ducks.

The Hawkeyes miss Michigan, USC, and Oregon and play UW, UCLA, Wisconsin, and Nebraska at home. Iowa put up 37 points in the 2nd half in Week 1. The Hawkeyes D under DC Phil Parker will again be salty. Defeat the Cyclones and Iowa has a legit Playoff shot.

19 Kansas at Illinois is another P4 vs P4 game. Illinois looked better on both sides of the ball last weekend and has a legit shot at pulling off the upset in front of its first sell-out in 8 seasons. 

In another P4 vs P4 game, NW lost to Duke last night. The B1G is now 0-2 vs the ACC.😒

Indiana defeated W ILL last night 77-3 to go 2-0 This is the same W Illinois team that Wisconsin struggled against in Week 1. Hoosiers coach Curt Cignetti can coach. In his last gig, he was 52-9 at James Madison. I expect that he will have Indiana bowl-eligible this season.

If Nebraska -7.5 defeats CU, the Cornhuskers should be ranked next week.

An early in-conference game has Michigan State playing at Maryland today. 

With 7 at-large PO spots (likely 6 with Notre Dame's win over A+M and a soft remaining schedule) every OOC game matters; especially, if the last at-large spot comes down to the B1G and the SEC.

I guess I'm not watching. I have Peacock but I'm in Italy. Even with a VPN it somehow knows I'm out of the area. 😕 

Better for the Ducks if big 10 teams win, having a hard time rooting for mich, tho

On 9/7/2024 at 7:28 AM, Jon Joseph said:

With 7 at-large PO spots (likely 6 with Notre Dame's win over A+M and a soft remaining schedule)

Notre Dame is at USC in the last game of their seasons, no Ohio State or Oregon for USC, this will be BIG.

• Thumbs Up 1

Speaking of Peacock....I just learned that the Apple Cup next week is only on Peacock. A ton of fans in the state of Washington are not going to be happy!

• Wow 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/7/2024 at 9:42 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Speaking of Peacock....I just learned that the Apple Cup next week is only on Peacock. A ton of fans in the state of Washington are not going to be happy!

Image result for Sad Cougars. Size: 90 x 100. Source: www.deviantart.com   Slim and Husky Sad

• Haha 2

It's a insidious business strategy to pick up just one thing that each household can't live without throughout the year and eventually you have everyone signed up, and human psychology will keep them subscribed unless they go on a lower my bills mission.

I think they will win the war. I still don't care, they aren't getting my money.

Watching Michigan play old school B1G ball against Texas is one more nail in the coffin for that style of play, and one more data point that if you don't have a QB, you don't have a team. This is going to end up a very lopsided score.

I think it comes down to a simple fact. A perfectly executed defense cannot stop a perfectly executed offense, especially when it comes to passing.

Another freaking bang-bang PI not called! Really blatant knocking the receiver to the ground with the ball still 3 to 5 feet away, such that the ball hit the defender in the numbers with the receiver out of the path of the ball.

Announcers said it's because they were both going for the ball. No.

Modern football refs have been given a pass not to make the calls a basketball ref has to make all game long.

Just because it happens quickly doesn't mean you can't judge it. Man up, trust your eyes and call it geez.

• Thumbs Up 1

Meanwhile, Bowling Green leads No.8 Penn State 24-20 at halftime. 

• Wow 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:54 AM, Solar said:

It's a insidious business strategy to pick up just one thing that each household can't live without throughout the year and eventually you have everyone signed up, and human psychology will keep them subscribed unless they go on a lower my bills mission.

I think they will win the war. I still don't care, they aren't getting my money.

I understand, but my philosophy is different.  I pay SO MUCH for all the equipment, all the time, all the donation and tickets, all the tech help....everything, because my Duck-Obsession is 24/7/365, and this is simply part of the life I want.

I am not going to deny myself the pleasure of Oregon sports to spite a faceless company that does not care.  Thirty years of Xfinity has taught me that, as in the end--I am the one losing, and not seeing Our Beloved Ducks.

My love for Oregon Sports is greater than my hate for these companies...in the end.

Besides, if we take that logic to its full conclusion?  We should not be watching, ANYTHING, NO GAMES, because it is all through Fox, one-way-or-another, and they were the instigator who brought down the Pac-12, and who were behind last week's blackout. 

We should be boycotting Fox, but again, my love for Our Beloved Ducks is greater than my hate for all of these disgusting, detestable companies.  That is saying something considering the stories I have about terrible Comcast service with over 30 years of dealing with them at home and at the office.

It's all about the Ducks, Man...

giphy.gif

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Way to go, JJ! FSU last year, Texas this year. 😒

Please, no score posting or score updates for games in process. These games are being taped. Thanks.

On 9/6/2024 at 5:19 PM, HDuck said:

I don't look at Peacock as a football only option for Oregon.  Basketball season is around the corner.

I'm not a conference hound like a lot of SEC fans, but I do like checking out future conference opponents which will also be on Peacock.

I am already subscribed as they had great Olympic coverage.

Sorry Jon, I have to post that Eastern Washington is up on UW 3-0 after the first quarter.

On 9/7/2024 at 11:19 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Please, no score posting or score updates for games in process. These games are being taped. Thanks.

? Why are you looking in this topic if that is the case? Where else do you recommend we talk about this so we don't spoil things for you?

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just an unreasonable request to a problem you're intentionally creating and can easily mitigate yourself.

Edited by Solar
  • Thumbs Up 1

Happy to report the senior laden Northern Illinois is taking it to Notre Dame in North Bend.

NIU is averaging 14 yards per play vs Notre Dame's 4 in the second quarter. NIU has the lead despite Notre Dame receiving the opening kick.

• Applause 1

Fuskies struggling hard against Eastern Michigan at home.

Utah is dominating Baylor!

Northern Illinois vs Notre Dame is carried on both NBC and Peacock Streaming. My audio visual system is first class and the Peacock stream is visually sharper, clearer and brighter and the difference is significant. Go Peacock!

• Wow 1

Ooh Cam Rising out with a hand injury...

On 9/7/2024 at 2:36 PM, kirklandduck said:

Ooh Cam Rising out with a hand injury...

Is he ever not going to be out with an injury?

Idaho up on Wyoming. 17-13.

image.png.76c6e66c30d4e780661dce41f7bf40f0.pngUSC East is up on Kentucky.

I don’t like this weekend. Too many upset alerts!

On 9/7/2024 at 3:24 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I don’t like this weekend. Too many upset alerts!

Law of averages helps us?  Maybe?  Please football gods!

Notre Dame lost to NIU 16-14

"Irish Eyes Are NOT Smiling" 

On 9/7/2024 at 3:50 PM, NJDuck said:

Notre Dame lost to NIU 16-14

NIU played better and won straight up. No flukes required. In fact the in their last drive they were given a clearly bad spot by a side judge that forced them to kick without running down the clock further, then after the clock stoppage to check the spot (which wasn't overturned due to crap camera angle), they forgot to run the clock saving a timeout for Notre Dame in their last drive.

Freeman decided to kick a 62 yards with :05 and a time out left. What a chump. It was blocked (2nd of the day).

On 9/7/2024 at 3:59 PM, Solar said:

No flukes required. In fact the in their last drive they were given a clearly bad spot by a side judge that forced them to kick without running down the clock further.

It was even reviewed!

Shadeuer Sanders having a tough start against Nebraska. 4 minutes to go in the first quarter and he has been sacked three times and thrown a pick six. Nebraska 14, Colorado 0.

Plus some guy named Dante Dowdell is having a fine running game for Nebraska.

Edited by Santa Rosa Duck
  • Applause 1

Make that Nebraska 21 Colorado 0