FishDuck Article

Quack is Back: Oregon Finally Finds Its Feathers in Rivalry Rout

After two weeks of lukewarm Oregon football, Ducks fans can sleep a little easier. No labored breathing, chest pain, night sweats, irritable bowels and midnight calls to urgent care this weekend. No, sir. Not for this guy. The No. 9 Ducks (3-0) FINALLY lived up to their billing, delivering a long-awaited 49-14 butt-whuppin’ of the Oregon State Beavers on Saturday ...

FISHDUCK.COM

After two weeks of lukewarm Oregon football, Ducks fans can sleep a little easier. No labored breathing, chest pain, night sweats, irritable bowels and midnight…
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Jordan!  This is a fun read, and my apologies for it not getting published until 9:00 AM.  You completed and scheduled it for much earlier, but we had a tech glitch this morning that we just got solved.

Not only is it great perspective you offer, but the pictures with all the vivid color in the background are epic.

gabriel2.jpg

Orange is such a benign color to me now...

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Jordan, yesterday's game was just an absolute fun ride for this fan.

The team put alot of pieces together and simply let the rodents know who big brother is. They played 4 quarters and dominated.

For this fan the frustration and angst of the first 6 quarters of the 2024 season has been double flushed by the last 6 quarters of play. The play has been exceptional.

OBD''s came out of the halftime of the BSU game with an entirely different mindset. They haven't looked back!  Were there some hiccups, mistakes and lapses? Yes......

That's going to happen in any game going forward. The penalties and fumbles that allowed BSU to take back control of the game in the 2nd half were not present against OSU.

(Based on the game thread comments in the BSU game, there were some epic living room meltdowns on the Forum. It's what makes football such a great game)

Though some of that meltdown was present on the game thread when the defense couldnt get some big stops in the first half in Corvallis. Hey OBDF members, isn't it great that we have a safe haven to melt down on. Thank you Charles and moderators......

But remember, the defense got the ball back for the offense. The offense drove the field, bled the clock to .02 and kicked that fieldgoal for the win........

What more could we want from our team? How about a complete destruction of the rodents on their home field on National TV.... Yes....

The Ducks delivered with a statement game.....now

Plenty of things to work on in the next 3 weeks in preparation for tOSU game. Play it one game at a time and improve that 1% each practice session.

With that improvement DG can and will give the Buckeyes all they can handle.

GO DUCKS.......

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Bryce Boettcher Brings IT to Baseball and Football! 

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The Oregon Ducks were largely without their vocal leader on defense, linebacker Jeffrey Bassa, who played minimal snaps. In his stead, Bryce Boettcher, an Oregon native, stepped up and...

Jordan 'Berserker' is Spot On! Thanks for the great post-game take. 

Can't Get Enough of The OBD Love.

WWW.YARDBARKER.COM

The Oregon Ducks finally looked like a team worthy of being considered one of the best teams in the country. Their 49-14 win on the road against Oregon State in their rivalry game was lopsided...

• Thumbs Up 2

Nice recap. 

Simple game plan, force a running team to pass. The OL gave DG the opportunity to shine, and the offense gave us a reason to believe that we still are a very good team. 

The talent gap was obvious, and the Ducks dominated as one would expect from this level of talent. It was interesting that there were actually predictions of a loss. 

Winning doesn’t always come easy, Georgia squeaks by Kentucky, and Notre Dame….well, they always seem to do less with more. 

The schedule ahead gets harder, but with a team that plays well together, anything is still possible. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Yes, we have some B1G teams looking better than expected, and on our schedule such as Michigan State(3-0) and in particular Illinois (3-0) is looking impressive.

It is kind of exciting, a new conference, and new teams to learn about in anticipation of playing OBD.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

I think the best thing about this W was that it wasn’t a bunch of guys complaining my back from injury riding to the rescue. 

it was basically the same guys that were having problems in the first  two games figuring it out n the third. Can’t stress enough how important that is. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yes, it was a pleasure to see the convincing win over the Beavers.  However, I'm still concerned about the defense against the run.  I didn't like how well the Beavers ran the ball in the first half. 

Great job by the offensive line, finally.

• Thumbs Up 2

Bryce Boettcher has arrived in a massive, and timely, manner. This rockstar, 2 sport, former Oregon football walk-on, phenomenal athlete, is a beast stud. 

If he keeps this up, he's going to have a tough decision to make: MLB or NFL. Or maybe he goes Bo Jackson, and does both. 

Not to mention, the kid is a South Eugene grad! Go Axemen - Go Ducks!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/15/2024 at 3:31 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Yes, we have some B1G teams looking better than expected, and on our schedule such as Michigan State(3-0) and in particular Illinois (3-0) is looking impressive.

It is kind of exciting, a new conference, and new teams to learn about in anticipation of playing OBD.

Illinois is AP Poll ranked No. 24 and plays at No. 22 Nebraska next week. Unlike SEC vs. SEC matchups, the loser of this game will fall more than 1 or 2 spots in the next AP Poll. 

No. 6 Tennessee plays at No. 15 Oklahoma next Saturday so we will have a comparison. 

• Like 1

I feel the need to apologize to all my Duck buddies here on the OBD Forum with Decorum:

I have neglected to put my Ducks ’O’  Flag in my pickup for the first two games this season.  I dug it out of my Duck swag box and flew it proudly this week.

The results are obvious!  

Again, my profound apologies for this oversight, and I promise not to take it down until we own the 2023 Natty!

Go Ducks!

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good listen;

Oregon Ducks DOMINATE Oregon State | Dillon Gabriel, Dan Lanning Look READY To Make A Run

Oregon is NOT fraudulent.  They are who we always thought they were.  We were not wrong about Oregon, it took a second to jell.

• Applause 1