MicroBurst61

DUCKS Football Rise Above Themselves

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks had every reason to lose to Ohio State, but they didn’t. A new era of Oregon football might be here.

I, for one who's been a Fan of and followed Oregon Football since 1993, this article hits home!

GO Ducks!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great article and one that hits home for me as well!  In the face of adversity, OBD came out with the W!

tosu can say they beat themselves all they want, but we know better.  Had we scored in the opportunities we had, gotten the bounce, or the calls, last night would have been a 44-24 beat down by OBD.

In the olden days, all of those mishaps would have translated into a Duck loss.  DL and this team refused to let it.  It really does feel like a new era is upon us!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes. Great write up. Must read for all us old timers. 

• Thanks 1

This article summed up what being a Duck fan is all about…..and, how absolutely wonderful it is to break with “the curse”.  Well said!  Go Ducks!

Good article.  One thing that it didn't mention is that Oregon finally has the talent across the entire roster, specifically in the trenches, to compete with any team in the country and they proved it last night against "the most talented roster in the history of college football."  The coaches have done a tremendous job on the recruiting trail (getting another 4 star DT from SoCal to commit today) and are coming into their own as game day coaches.

The sky's the limit for Oregon Football with Coach Lanning at the helm.  GO DUCKS!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

The scary thing is that this team is 6-0 and still has not played a complete game.  What is that going to look like when it finally happens?  

As the other team, I guess you just hope it doesn’t happen to you. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/13/2024 at 3:53 PM, DanLduck said:

Yes. Great write up. Must read for all us old timers. 

Yeah, I'm still mentally entombed in the old days, and don't believe I deserve, or will get, nice things.

• Yikes! 1

On 10/13/2024 at 4:47 PM, GeotechDuck said:

The scary thing is that this team is 6-0 and still has not played a complete game.  What is that going to look like when it finally happens?  

So true. Unlike OSU terms it, it was an Ugly win for the Ducks. Mistakes that would have put an L on the record for a lot of teams but were canceled out by stellar performances from the players and coaches. Perfect for a mid-season game. 

On 10/13/2024 at 7:00 PM, Duckdude said:

This article summed up what being a Duck fan is all about…..and, how absolutely wonderful it is to break with “the curse”.  Well said!  Go Ducks!

Full disclosure. I have 3 great loves when it comes to sports. Oregon football, Gonzaga basketball (hey, Mark Few was a Duck), and Texas Rangers baseball. Between 2010 and 2022 I watched all 3 go to the championship games/series two times each and they all lost. All were heartbreaking, but the 2011 World Series was the worst (one strike away in the 9th and 10th innings). 

All three teams went from being lovable losers to up-and-comers to contenders in a short amount of time relatively speaking. Being a fan of a contender is way more stressful than the other two. It’s harder to expect to win every game than it is to hope for an upset. While it’s hard to lose championship games, I would much rather hope for a championship than hope for an upset.

• Thumbs Up 1

First there was The Pick and now we can celebrate The Slide.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2024 at 6:56 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Full disclosure. I have 3 great loves when it comes to sports. Oregon football, Gonzaga basketball (hey, Mark Few was a Duck), and Texas Rangers baseball. Between 2010 and 2022 I watched all 3 go to the championship games/series two times each and they all lost. All were heartbreaking, but the 2011 World Series was the worst (one strike away in the 9th and 10th innings). 

As a lifelong Seattle Mariners fan, the idea of reaching the world series is like some magical dream!

This game really was the feeling of not simply being an upstart who is simply ahead of the game, it's simply because we have built this program to where it feel like we truly belong.  

With the Mariota, Dixon, even Harrington years, it sort of felt like we were getting there through being ahead of the game with scheme or we had a generational talent that we leaned on, this season feels like the culmination of work started with Cristobal (you do have to give him credit for starting to get us up there in terms of recruiting) and now we have what could be our Woody Hayes, Bowden, Saban, the guy that is here forever and establishes us as a perennial top 7 or so program.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Great post! 1