Charles Fischer

Crap! Oregon-WSU Game To Kick Off At 7:30 PM On ESPN

(Press Release from Oregon Athletics)

EUGENE, Ore. — Oregon football’s game against Washington State on Saturday, Nov. 13, in Autzen Stadium has been scheduled for a 7:30 p.m. PT kickoff on ESPN.

The No. 7 Ducks (7-1. 4-1) will travel to Seattle this Saturday (Nov. 6) to face Washington at 4:30 p.m. PT on ABC before returning home to host the Cougars.

(Mr. FishDuck Note: Tough games like this are hard to wait for all day, and then it makes a late-night for a publisher. Crap!)

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Boooooo!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Night games stink.

Pac12 games have already become a 4+ hour stinkfest due to moronic officiating. 

Game will be over at midnight 

Sheesh 

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe all games started after 1700 should be played with a running clock? 

• Haha 1

That is a 10:30 PM KO on the Right Coast which = Hypnos 1 - JJ 0.

Heading to Hawaii tomorrow and get back to Philly the afternoon of the 13th. Guessing I'll still be very awake, in which case I'll actually stay up for this one. 

Sounds like a big trap for us...WSU coming off a bye.  This 730 pm start now pushes this ahead of UT on the road as the likely game we'd lose.  We seem to have problems with WSU.  Our pass D sometimes seems leaky lately, and even without Leach and a Head Coach, WSU lit up ASU on the road.  (A better balance of run pass than recent WSU but still...)

I get TV slots but the Pac should be highlighting Oregon games! Isn't this team the cream of the crop??

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2021 at 2:35 PM, JDuck said:

Sounds like a big trap for us...WSU coming off a bye.

That is precisely what it is; they have a GREAT passing offense that will be very hard to stop.  We gotta outscore them!

Its a TRAP!

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I do despise Pac12 after dark.  That has got to change when contract is up.  On the East coast time for this game.....thank goodness for recording!  These night time games are never good for Pac12 teams.

Edited by NJDuck
  • Thumbs Up 2

The Cat is much cuter, but this one is necessary.

giphy.gif

On 11/1/2021 at 4:05 PM, 30Duck said:

The Cat is much cuter, but this one is necessary.

Ha!  Great minds, as I went to get the one you posted....but since I am known for Cat GIFs--I had to see if there were some and I had to post that one!  Best of both!

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I just moved from Ireland to Portland a few weeks ago and I'm planning on heading to this game. What's so bad about a late game? I thought it would be better, all day to build an atmosphere, stadium under lights.

I too despise night games, especially when they are on ESPN!  And after WAZZOO has a bye…

image.jpeg.ddb0e0e9d5671abfcfad59933a82a6f7.jpeg

On 11/1/2021 at 4:43 PM, Lacha said:

I just moved from Ireland to Portland a few weeks ago and I'm planning on heading to this game. What's so bad about a late game? I thought it would be better, all day to build an atmosphere, stadium under lights.

Some of us are old farts who do not like fighting traffic back to Portland and getting home at 1:30-2:00 AM...but you are right in that the atmosphere of a night game is great fun.

Fans 2019_Craig Strobeck.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Cool thanks. Staying in Eugene so won't need to worry about that. Any idea if they're only accepting CDC cards as proof of vaccination? I was vaccinated in Ireland so I've a digital European certificate. I've tried emailing but got no response. I'm trying to avoid phoning, only have an Irish phone, would cost a small fortune

On 11/1/2021 at 7:30 PM, Lacha said:

Cool thanks. Staying in Eugene so won't need to worry about that. Any idea if they're only accepting CDC cards as proof of vaccination? I was vaccinated in Ireland so I've a digital European certificate. I've tried emailing but got no response. I'm trying to avoid phoning, only have an Irish phone, would cost a small fortune

Email me Tuesday, as I will check for you.  charles@fishduck.com 

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/1/2021 at 7:32 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Email me Tuesday, as I will check for you.  charles@fishduck.com 

Wow, thanks a lot

On 11/1/2021 at 9:01 PM, Lacha said:

Wow, thanks a lot

No sweat.  I like to use my pull as a 35 year season ticket holder and Oregon Sports Media Credentialed site for our OBD members when I can.  I will call them in the morning--my contacts.  I want you in the stadium to be a part of "Shout" that happens at the end of third quarter.  Every Oregon fan should experience that before they throw dirt on you...

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/1/2021 at 9:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

No sweat.  I like to use my pull as a 35 year season ticket holder and Oregon Sports Media Credentialed site for our OBD members when I can.  I will call them in the morning--my contacts.  I want you in the stadium to be a part of "Shout" that happens at the end of third quarter.  Every Oregon fan should experience that before they throw dirt on you...

image.jpeg

Or, light you up!

Trap Game = Any game you could lose = Almost every game on the schedule.

I don't buy the trap game nonsense.  We could lose to WSU because they might play better than we do.  No trap involved.

On 11/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, geoquack said:

Trap Game = Any game you could lose = Almost every game on the schedule.

I don't buy the trap game nonsense.  We could lose to WSU because they might play better than we do.  No trap involved.

Absolutely right. You play better, you win. Your opponent plays better, you lose. No trap involved.

Stanford beat us because they wanted it more and played better. Sure, there was a controversial call at the end, but had it been an Oregon receiver in the same situation Duck fans would have been screaming for a pass interference call. Had Oregon played up to its potential it never would gotten to the point where Stanford was in position to win. That was the real issue.

On 11/1/2021 at 7:43 PM, Lacha said:

Hope the move was not too stressful and enjoy the game!

A couple of thoughts on why earlier games are better?

You get back home on Saturday instead of Sunday.

The weather almost certainly will be better in the daytime.

Tailgating works better for lunch than dinner.

Easier to dodge post game DUI drivers in the daylight.

And, a few fans east of the Cascades might tune in to watch the Ducks?

• Thumbs Up 2