Charles Fischer

A 10% Chance of the Ducks Winning Out is ALL?

Look, I know I posted this in the past, but we all should take a look at their projections on a game-by-game basis (Utah!) and the number for winning out?  Is it really that bad?

ESPN FPI Update: Despite win, Oregon's Chances to win Pac-12 Championship Drop by Zachary Neel of Ducks Wire

1236238698.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Mr. FishDuck

Flaky Prediction Index.

Every game hereout will be tough

Every one of the opposition believe they can best the Ducks. I'm worried that the Ducks youth and injuries will bite them in the butt.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agree the youth may be a weakness, but they also may not know they should lose. We have a bunch of student athletes who, probably, haven't lost very much. The question is do they already know what it took to win so much?  Even if they lose, with youth they can learn and get better, stronger for next time.

Georgia is a very good example where youth has had to learn the hard way over and over. It seems the program has finally realized how strong and tough you need to be. Can Oregon realize this without the learning curve, they have the opportunity, stay tuned!

On 11/3/2021 at 9:19 AM, Haywarduck said:

Agree the youth may be a weakness, but they also may not know they should lose. We have a bunch of student athletes who, probably, haven't lost very much. The question is do they already know what it took to win so much?  Even if they lose, with youth they can learn and get better, stronger for next time.

Georgia is a very good example where youth has had to learn the hard way over and over. It seems the program has finally realized how strong and tough you need to be. Can Oregon realize this without the learning curve, they have the opportunity, stay tuned!

Again well thought out. Does that mean like Georgia, this may not be our year until our youth learns that lesson

All this simply means is that for the Ducks to stay at #4, they have to beat the Dawgs by 50 points this weekend. No problem.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:56 AM, Duck 1972 said:

Again well thought out. Does that mean like Georgia, this may not be our year until our youth learns that lesson

Great question, I think it comes from leadership. At Alabama the leadership is top down, the coach is the overwhelming leader who guides the team to greatness, demands it, expects it, while knowing exactly what it takes.

Many teams it comes from the Heisman type player, who just wills his team to greatness. Not sure we have that player on the field, but that is the beauty of watching the next few weeks. We are going to see somebody, on some team, make a story for the ages. Will it come from the Ducks, that is why we watch! I certainly hope so, who could it be? 

This is why I loved the 2019 team so much. Herbert and Dye didn't lead that team to a National title, but they did get everything possible out of that team, what a story!

I expect the Ducks to meet Alabama at the last game of the season.

Mario’s plan, right?

According to The Athletic's model Oregon now has the 5th shortest odds to win the PO. Oregon went from 50 - 1 to 30 -1.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:19 AM, Haywarduck said:

I think were watching that right now as we speak! Youth and this team as of last weeks win against Colorado had more answers than not. To me the starters are catching up to this offense and the Defense isn't far behind. We have had a great season and we can still win out and play in the playoff's. We should see Oregon do even better than last weeks win and that's progress something playoff teams have in common. Go Ducks!

This makes sense for two reasons. This team can’t to play a complete game on both sides of the ball and they lose too many players to injury or targeting penalties. This bit them against Stanford and it will likely bite them again. It could happen this weekend in Seattle. The one thing uw does well is play defense. If they can keep it close at home then anything can happen. Especially with Pac 12 refs.